Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"The only delay now, he said, is the time it takes to run all Broncos that have been sitting awhile through comprehensive inspection.

'We'll do a water test on the new roof as well," Grueber said. "We'll make sure they're ready for sale.'"

Wait I'm sorry, a water test hasn't been done??? Am I misinterpreting this?
I actually think you are misinterpreting this, when I'm assuming they mean is once they install a hardtop on a bronco from dirt mountain they will be running an additional quality check water test.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some good news! HEH....anyone getting a new top in...prior to delivery; DO US ALL A FAVOR AND POST SOME CLOSE-UP PHOTOS OF IT. Thank you.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let's goooooo! I really want my 7/26 built dirt mounted Bronco please!

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

but then he said:

so which one is it? Testing has been completed? or they still need to do a water test? 🤦‍♂️

Seems pretty on par for Ford Communications thus far.
Probably a post-installation water test on every vehicle

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How on earth do you find out your new build date re:MIC Top? The Dealerships aren't really answering anymore. The customer service line gave up a long time ago.

Ive been pushed back about 9 times now and I honestly have no clue when to even expect my vehicle anymore. Haven't heard anything since my date was pushed to Sept.

zigtig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Wrangler, 2021 Telluride, 2014 Slim, 2019 Rzr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure I'm 100% good with this news. Why would they start shipping tops to customers who already have their Bronco before clearing out Dirt Mountain? Current owners are fine driving around for a bit longer with a "not perfect" top!

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not sure I'm 100% good with this news. Why would they start shipping tops to customers who already have their Bronco before clearing out Dirt Mountain? Current owners are fine driving around for a bit longer with a "not perfect" top!
Because they don't want the ones in the wild to be seen any long than necessary, This isn't new news

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It sounds like they've already been installing them on the old ones? This is the actual quote:

"We’ve started the roof replacements on the hardtop. We’ll be continuing to ramp that up to replace the roofs on vehicles currently being held needing the new roof," Grueber told the Free Press. "Shortly, we’ll be starting to send the new roofs out to dealers for those vehicles that have already been delivered. We expect to be shipping the roofs and the Broncos with the new roofs within the week."

The "shortly" there seems to be doing a lot of work, but it still sounds like, from the rest of the quote, that they're installing them on dirt mountain builds and will be in a position to send out replacements to dealers shortly.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would be great to get my 2 door in AMB like I ordered it. Remember last week when a bunch of hard tops were suddenly “previewing” ? Maybe there are more surprises in store. Probably just wishful thinking.
Truthfully, and selfishly (I admit) I wouldn't mind this still being the case as it seems to mean that my soft top would be pushed up in line...

Sponsored

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
"The only delay now, he said, is the time it takes to run all Broncos that have been sitting awhile through comprehensive inspection.

'We'll do a water test on the new roof as well," Grueber said. "We'll make sure they're ready for sale.'"

Wait I'm sorry, a water test hasn't been done??? Am I misinterpreting this?
I think he meant on the individual vehicles that receive a replacement MIC top. Not that a water test hasn't been done as part of the MIC 2.0 development.

Cory63

Base
First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im getting a soft top, so this doesn't really effect me, but this seems rushed. If the original tops that have been tested for years were bad enough to warrant replacing thousands of them, there is no way these have already undergone a redesign and adequate testing. I expect more problems to come.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think they are doing both simultaneously. Someone just started a thread that says he got an email from Ford that his dirt mountain Bronco just left the body shop

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great news but, The ford guy states that “we‘ll do water inspections on the tops”? How are they positive they are ready to roll when they have tested yet for water leaks?

I must have read that wrong.