AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi all, newbie (lurker) here. A buddy of mine said his build week set for next week, got pushed out to October.
Does anyone know if this is because Ford now has hard tops to ship?
He was a soft top switch and definitely excited to get his build week, only to have it ripped away from him.

Anyways, thanks for the replies.
Perhaps. It’s the price you pay for doing anything to get your bronco sooner. I held fast to every single constraint that was on my build. It was built 8/5 and currently waiting at dirt mountain for a new top. But I’m not spending $55k for something that is not 100% what I wanted from the start.

Last edited:

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He was a soft top switch and definitely excited to get his build week, only to have it ripped away from him.
The launch has been chaotic. If he has a VIN and build date, that means he's MY21. Beyond that, dates are highly subject to change. I would just look at them as Ford's best guess at the moment.

Merely by having a VIN, he has more info than most of us about the status of our Broncos.

Sponsored

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all, newbie (lurker) here. A buddy of mine said his build week set for next week, got pushed out to October.

Sorry I don’t mean to sound like I have no sympathy for him, but until he’s been rescheduled and had his build week “ripped away from him” up to 6 times, he can go fly a kite. Try having a VIN since May and your build week pushed 6 times before starting to whine.

Many of us will have empathy, but not sympathy!

By the way, welcome to the forum! We really are hospitable. Hope I didn’t sound like a jerk!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy Shit! It’s happening, it’s really happening. Let’s hope those are ‘old’ tops laying in the dirt.
In true 6G fashion of shitting on any and every thing that might be good news ......
Those aren't tops. That is the moldy carpets/sound dampening material they have to pull out and replace!!!
LOL

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think of a thousand things that could cause his build to get bumped.
It could be any of those.... or ten thousnad more.

It would also help to narrow it down if you gave his DETAILED build information .... post up a window sticker if he has it .... etc etc

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Holy Shit! It’s happening, it’s really happening. Let’s hope those are ‘old’ tops laying in the dirt.
Huh! Did the fat lady sing? I'll believe it when I see it. Too much if and/or buts. I'm a 6/29 build. Two plus months and counting. I hope it's true. Maybe I'll see it in another month.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Finance Department refers to that kind of sabotage as "Value Engineering". Non-finance people understand it as simply taking a great product and whittling away at until no one wants it anymore.
I don' think that was a financial move. There has been talk about the overall weight of the Bronco and taking weight from the top is the best place to remove it. They did and it failed. It was probably a late change and it didn't get enough testing. It happens.

I'm also betting they had the original tooling still around so ramping back up was probably easier than we even know.

Kmonty

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Husband’s vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anybody recently talked to their dealer and their date has been pushed up? I’m apart of the run- around gang and my date as of last Saturday was 11/1, but with this announcement, I wonder if it will be pulled forward. I know it’s wishful thinking and thousands need to be cleared, but I would think swapping out tops shouldn’t take super long, right?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There in lies the problem. Build week 9/13 but no window sticker.

Base Squatch w/ 2.7l and soft top. Nothing else.
VIN?
Mine was in my first email which assigned the build week.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There in lies the problem. Build week 9/13 but no window sticker.

Base Squatch w/ 2.7l and soft top. Nothing else.
Build week 9/13 includes dates up to 9/17.

If your blend date happens to be 9/17 then your Window Sticker would show up around Thursday or Friday this week.

You can also ask your dealer for a screen shot of his Vehicle Visibility report. I know that is how I found out about a couple of build date changes.
Sponsored