Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck to GM. That will be an uphill battle. I would be out for a future GM purchase if it did not have Apple Carplay. Seems like a step backward to me, and I totally agree with Jim Farley's assessment that this battle was lost long ago.

Heavy_GD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OBX non Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
GM is moving to their product on the EVs, which offers a better integration to the vehicle vs flipping screens.

I for one am excited to see my phone content on my HUD.
I also hope they move away from on star with this.

Anyway, back to your Ford programming.

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I feel I'm in such a minority. I don't want my vehicle to become an extension of my phone. I get in my vehicle and put the phone down. I don't need my text messages read to me, I don't need anything on my phone while driving. I can answer texts/phone calls etc when I get where I'm going. I have satellite radio, and with that I'm good to go. Even if I wanted a podcast or audio book, I could still stream that via bluetooth. Carplay gains me nothing. I don't get the fascination with having it. 🤷‍♂️

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I feel I'm in such a minority. I don't want my vehicle to become an extension of my phone. I get in my vehicle and put the phone down. I don't need my text messages read to me, I don't need anything on my phone while driving. I can answer texts/phone calls etc when I get where I'm going. I have satellite radio, and with that I'm good to go. Even if I wanted a podcast or audio book, I could still stream that via bluetooth. Carplay gains me nothing. I don't get the fascination with having it. 🤷‍♂️

I think you might be overthinking it to a point-

What Applecar play allows is a universal experience that isn't car dependent. I can hook my iPhone into a Hyundai and it will display and interact the same way that my Bronco does. That alone is a huge help when I travel.

The other nice thing about CarPlay is that I like the UI look better then Ford Sync-I have the smaller 8" inch screen, and I can see Waze (or another nav app), See what is playing on Sirius XM(with the app-can't see what is playing when using Sync), and see upcoming calendar settings (that is dubious use IMO)

I really don't use it to read text messages (have it set to send a notification when I'm driving) and use the handsfree option to make/answer calls when needed.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

ShroederK

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
But your car is an extension of your phone with or without CarPlay. Sync does most of the things CarPlay does but with a garbage UI.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I dislike carplay/andorid auto because it burns through my data plan. but smart to see Ford keeping it

Reactions: JPG

clmh

Big Bend
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

the only thing I really use in Apple Car Play is the map app. Better than paying Ford for outdated connected navigation.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now if they would work out the bugs. My phone plays music perfectly every time I use it. When in the Bronco I might be late, had trouble getting music to play for the trip. That goes for the Maverick and Sport too.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, if Jim Farley says so, I'm sure I can bet my life savings on it!! :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored