Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BRONCO SCHEDULING / PRODUCTION UPDATE

April 15th marked an important milestone for Bronco: the first week of scheduling Bronco retail orders!! Customers will receive automated communications from Ford letting them know when their vehicle is ordered, scheduled, built, and shipped to the dealership.

Thursday scheduling will continue on a weekly basis with the following monthly cadence:

Ā· First Week of The Cycle: First Edition orders

Ā· Second Week of The Cycle: First attempt at full month of scheduling

Ā· Subsequent Weeks: Clean up scheduling runs until the operating plan is full

As a reminder, we will send all order holders a communication in May notifying them of their estimated delivery timeframe based on their current build, production volume, and allocation.
Deserves its own thread.
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What happened yesterday should cost several people their jobs, what a cluster. None of us know what is going on, the dealers don't know what is going on, and nothing is communicated. I've seen several dealers, including mine, that didn't have anything schedule yesterday. Also what a joke that they made such a huge deal out of your reservation timestamp only to piss all over that on day 1 of scheduling. I've seen several people with my exact build post build dates and their reservations are days and even weeks behind mine. If their goal is to piss people off, they are on a great track.
seems to me that those people who jumped ahead of you were probably priority numbers

my dealer didnā€™t give them out just picked a couple numbers out of the reservations he had and they got one.

ā€˜ā€™I think your reservation time stamp still is the most important factor..seems at our dealership thats how they are rolling out so far #1, 2, 3 ... etc

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They were using their marketing and communications firm to let information out. I think that is what they are there for. If they push "official" communications they get a bajillion questions and media inquiries. I'm good with it - it's sooner than May, so they are over-delivering in my book.
I'd be fine with if they would just admit TBN is their marketing/comms team. The whole "unaffiliated" thing is silly. Ford thinks we are stupid.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Deserves its own thread.
This communication by Ford is much appreciated. Consistency and fairness with regards to this message and previous communications going forward will be even more appreciated.

Sponticore

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My two feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, I'd be amazed if I even got my Bronco with the way covid is wrecking everything. There's no reason to expect a normal rollout for 2021 and beyond imo

Sponsored

josedirte

Badlands
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3500 Ram Limited, 2017 Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really think including myself need to take a long break from the forum and forget about all things bronco for awhile....

Its becoming quite mind numbing..
You would think that with today's
computers the whole nightmare would be a non issue.
Looks like to many cooks in the kitchen.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

seems to me that those people who jumped ahead of you were probably priority numbers

my dealer didnā€™t give them out just picked a couple numbers out of the reservations he had and they got one.

ā€˜ā€™I think your reservation time stamp still is the most important factor..seems at our dealership thats how they are rolling out so far #1, 2, 3 ... etc

Quick comment on time stamp. I have a bunch of reservation numbers that do not agree with the reservation clock time. A lot of these discussion feel like reservation number and time stamp are being used as if they are the same thing, they are not. I am #1 reservation at my dealer however, there are several other reservation numbers after mine (although numerically close) with actual reservation time hours earlier than mine.

IMO, the only one that is significant and what determines order position is reservation number. These are order number, priority code, if it has commodity issue and reservation time stamp. These are in order from lowest reservation number to support my point.

Ford Bronco Ford's communication around this is unbelievably bad 1618599039522

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So does this mean the next FEs wonā€™t be scheduled until next cycle/month, since yesterday was the ā€œfirst week of the [first] cycle?ā€
It is my opinion they are meaning that is what is has been announced this week. Next week will be another batch of announcements and so on. That means if they stay on this path everyone should know by May. I don't think they are going to do a couple of weeks then all of a sudden blast everyone sometime in May. Just my opinion, though.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This communication by Ford is much appreciated. Consistency and fairness with regards to this message and previous communications going forward will be even more appreciated.
I will but need to be careful about what is shared. Got in the shit with Ford for talking about Bronco before it was released and don't want to revisit that again. This was not marked confidential and isn't strategic so it should be OK and hopefully answers some questions I've seen come up here.

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the Army there is a saying, "Hurry up and wait" which seems to be the way this is going. A good thing that having been in the Army I am used to waiting in line.... I understand the venting, but it really won't change a thing.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This, is correct. Ford DGAF about us as individual customers. Hell, they barely give a crap about all but their biggest dealers. It's on page 2 of their annual report:

Ford Bronco Ford's communication around this is unbelievably bad 1618599039522
No business should rely solely on a single customer oe group of customers. To do so would guarantee failure of the business. I don't understand how anyone, including you, doesn't understand this. Why should Ford put its entire existence in the hands of a very small portion of its customers/potential customers?

Tahotrvlr

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tahotrvlr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'75 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There was a theory that Ford was able to start production roughly a week or two early, and instead of redoing all of the estimated delivery scheduling they had started planning to share with everyone in May, they came up with the "priority order" idea to fill that extra production immediately, and keep to their May timeline for delivery estimates.

It may have been envisioned to pick later reservations more or less by random and thus, wouldn't really affect anyone's general delivery estimate. Plucking reservations out here and there over 12 months of builds has a very small impact on scheduling, vs trying to accelerate the entire 12 months up 2 weeks.

That way they can get a week or two's worth of production in without having to adjust the entire MY21/MY22 around.

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
PRIORITY ORDERS = BS!!!!!
THEY (FORD) WENT OUTSIDE THE ORIGINAL PROMISE TO KEEP THE RESERVATION ORDERS TAKEN CARE OF FIRST (sequentially i.e. to the best of their ability given commodity issues).

WHEN A GUY WHO POSTS VIDEOS FROM "KING OF THE HAMMERS" GETS A JUNE BUILD....PRIORITY ORDER WITH A JULY 29 RESERVATION.... DO YOU REALLY EXPECT EVERYONE TO BE HAPPY WITH THIS?

REALLY? ...

FOR THOSE OF US THAT PLAYED BY THE RULES WITH DAY 1-2-3 RESERVATIONS.....
THIS IS PLAIN AND SIMPLE "RUBBING OUR NOSES IN IT!!!!"

AND IF YOU GIVE ME SHIT ABOUT (YELLING) WITH THE CAPS... YOU CAN KMA!!!!

Last edited:

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No business should rely solely on a single customer oe group of customers. To do so would guarantee failure of the business. I don't understand how anyone, including you, doesn't understand this. Why should Ford put its entire existence in the hands of a very small portion of its customers/potential customers?
Oh as a shareholder I'm 100% on-board with this. Diversification is great.

I was just pointing out Ford's primary "customer" is dealerships, not some guy who at most leases a new Fusion every 3 years.
Sponsored