Tahotrvlr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'75 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well those expensive FORD commercials you see on TV are not for gathering more dealerships .....they are rather for obtaining and keeping customers.
Word of mouth is everything in this business!!!!
So if you think pissing off a few decade long loyal customers is inconsequential... well guess again.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand the venting, but it really won't change a thing.
The Five Stages of Grief:
  1. Denial
  2. Anger
  3. Bargaining
  4. Depression
  5. Acceptance
Trust the process. ;)

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
This, is correct. Ford DGAF about us as individual customers. Hell, they barely give a crap about all but their biggest dealers. It's on page 2 of their annual report:

1618595921411.png
Thank you very much for this post . It is proof in writing FORD does NOT care about the loss of a ā€œ few customers ā€œ. So.... if your not happy just donā€™t buy a Ford. I guess it really is that simple As far as Ford is considered.
edit: I hope I donā€™t get in trouble for posting what is on Fordā€™s website.šŸ˜³

Last edited:

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can answer that for you right now. Ford is keeping their word, they just change what their word is at their whim. The lion's share of reservations were made before Ford invented the allocation wrinkle, until then people believed it was first come first served (within reason). Went from one line (that folks paid $100 to get in, a good faith gesture that was not reciprocated), to a line at every dealer to dealers being able to sell or give away a jump to the front of the line still later.

It was obvious this was going to happen once allocations were added (although perhaps not to the extent seen so far), however to claim that Ford was consistent and has kept their word with the original contract (money was exchanged for a place in line to order with the stipulation that they would be filled in approximate order) is in no way supported by facts. They are unilaterally changing the fulfillment of that original contract (their lawyers were smart enough to give extra Pass Points as compensation for modifying the contract and our continuing to wait implies acceptance), so here we are. While some might be indifferent to the changes, those that are not most assuredly have the right to grumble about the actual changes, acceptance aside.

Hear! Hear!

Sponsored

Ranger6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ranger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
PRIORITY ORDERS = BS!!!!!
THEY (FORD) WENT OUTSIDE THE ORIGINAL PROMISE TO KEEP THE RESERVATION ORDERS TAKEN CARE OF FIRST (sequentially i.e. to the best of their ability given commodity issues).

WHEN A GUY WHO POSTS VIDEOS FROM "KING OF THE HAMMERS" GETS A JUNE BUILD....PRIORITY ORDER WITH A JULY 29 RESERVATION.... DO YOU REALLY EXPECT EVERYONE TO BE HAPPY WITH THIS?

REALLY? ...

FOR THOSE OF US THAT PLAYED BY THE RULES WITH DAY 1-2-3 RESERVATIONS.....
THIS IS PLAIN AND SIMPLE "RUBBING OUR NOSES IN IT!!!!"

AND IF YOU GIVE ME SHIT ABOUT (YELLING) WITH THE CAPS... YOU CAN KMA!!!!
angry customer alert

Tahotrvlr

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tahotrvlr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'75 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no, this is a ZACK DANGER alert!!!!
As my deceased dad would say; ...."he talks like a man with a PAPER ASS!!!!"

Last edited:

johnston.zach

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
PRIORITY ORDERS = BS!!!!!
THEY (FORD) WENT OUTSIDE THE ORIGINAL PROMISE TO KEEP THE RESERVATION ORDERS TAKEN CARE OF FIRST (sequentially i.e. to the best of their ability given commodity issues).

WHEN A GUY WHO POSTS VIDEOS FROM "KING OF THE HAMMERS" GETS A JUNE BUILD....PRIORITY ORDER WITH A JULY 29 RESERVATION.... DO YOU REALLY EXPECT EVERYONE TO BE HAPPY WITH THIS?

REALLY? ...

FOR THOSE OF US THAT PLAYED BY THE RULES WITH DAY 1-2-3 RESERVATIONS.....
THIS IS PLAIN AND SIMPLE "RUBBING OUR NOSES IN IT!!!!"

AND IF YOU GIVE ME SHIT ABOUT (YELLING) WITH THE CAPS... YOU CAN KMA!!!!
SO U MAD

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you very much for this post . It is proof in writing FORD does NOT care about the loss of a ā€œ few customers ā€œ. So.... if your not happy just donā€™t buy a Ford. I guess it really is that simple As far as Ford is considered.
For what it's worth, I'm sure this is boilerplate in every car company's annual report. The point isn't that they don't care about customers as much as it is no one customer could stop ordering cars and put them out of business.

But at the end of the day, dealers buy 1000's of cars per year, where you and I might buy a couple per decade and to that end Ford wants to keep the dealers happy first and foremost.

Sponsored

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You make a great post. I do want to say that the information has been available... even exactly that you're suggesting.

Yes something like this but with updated information regarding priority 1 orders, email notifications and shared/sent prior to these benchmark dates. Currently theyā€™re operating in a ā€œdo a thingā€ then a few days later send out a reactionary email or post clearing up the confusion. Iā€™m just pointing out itā€™s been a bit backwards and itā€™s been that way for a while.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In the Army there is a saying, "Hurry up and wait" which seems to be the way this is going. A good thing that having been in the Army I am used to waiting in line.... I understand the venting, but it really won't change a thing.
As a retired USAF Airman, I can appreciate that sentiment, and even though I retired over 16 years ago, I donā€™t recall while I was in the waiting phase of the ā€œhurry up and waitā€ process, having my OIC come along at random intervals and placing other ā€œhurry up and waitersā€ in the form of lower ranking, newer recruits , in front of me and my group, and poking me in the eye ever so often without some justification. Even then., rank had its privilege. Perhaps your Army experience was different, but there was a method to that madness......something that has obviously been lacking in this process.

Thank you for your service my brother in arms.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

"Priority orders" just feel like:

• Someone cutting in line (which is literally what it is)
  • Celebrity and famous get theirs before what we were told.
  • Good ole boy network.
  • The squeaky wheels gets the bronco
  • Politics
  • 1%ers always win
  • Payola - bribes

Not sure why Ford would do this. I've seen other companies do it and then crash and burn from the 99% that are following their ordering rules.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For what it's worth, I'm sure this is boilerplate in every car company's annual report. The point isn't that they don't care about customers as much as it is no one customer could stop ordering cars and put them out of business.

But at the end of the day, dealers buy 1000's of cars per year, where you and I might buy a couple per decade and to that end Ford wants to keep the dealers happy first and foremost.
At the risk of entering into a ā€œchicken or the eggā€ type argument, I would venture to say that If customers are treated so poorly that they mosey on over to the Toyota or Chevy dealership next door and the dealership has trouble selling said vehicles, without heavily discounting them, then drastically reducing future purchases from Ford, then there will be massive, expensive outreach program designed to reel those customers back in. It shouldnā€™t be an either or dilemma between the dealerships and the customer for Ford. They are not mutually exclusive, and Ford will reap what it sews if Ford customers are not treated fairly in deference to its dealerships.....after all itā€™s Fordā€™s name on the product and we toss the dealer plate holders and go to great pains to remove their shitty dealership advertisements from our Ford vehicles.