First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 f250, 71 Super beetle, 05 F150, 22 bronco sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Afternoon everyone, just wanted to say that yesterday at Virginia Motorsports Park me and my father and a friend got the opportunity to do the "drive the Bronco" event in a 33° rain and snow storm and it was simply awesome!
Everything was great, planned and executed professionally. I was given a pre production 2 door Outer Banks in Cyber Orange, V6 with Lux (no sas) and an expert driver from Ford. We tromped through mud, creeks, over stumps. We went through water holes up to the hubs and went through a Motocross track at the end. Trail turn assist is unbelievable, when actually using it it feels like the hand of God shoves the truck where you want it. Coming from Jeeps and large trucks I was so impressed with the plucky Bronco.
I'm so excited to get mine now it makes me sick, but learning some features and beating on one I didn't have to bring home was perfect. If your coming from a Jeep, there's no steering jerk in ruts, no fighting the wheel to keep it tracking, it rides like a heavy truck, pulled like a billy goat going up 21° muddy slick inclines.
If your like me and stuck by this thing since the start please don't let all the setbacks deter you, your trucks going to be killer, is going to impress your friends and it's going to be more than you expected! Thanks to the folks at Ford for an Outstanding experience!
Sponsored

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went to one in the Fall of last year, here in Sacramento! It was great experience and I got to drive a 7MT Badlands (no one else wanted to lol) The shifting was smooth and the low gears are more like 14, very versatile.

do you have any pics @Lambert87 ?

brybar4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was there too! Was so fun to drive in the mud. Even the Big Bend with stock tires took on the hills, mud and ruts with ease! Trail turn assist and trail control features impressed me the most. Since I have a Badlands on order. I was able to do an additional spin in that one to get a feel of the lockers. Everyone in our time slot had no previous off-road experience. Someone brought their Eruption Green 2 door BB. It was beautiful.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lambert87

Lambert87

Base
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is the ONLY picture I took! I had left my phone in my car and when I went to leave I took the picture of the lineup that had returned from the trail, I drove the Orange one 😄
Ford Bronco Ford's "drive the Bronco" Event was Awesome PXL_20220312_143031764

do you have any pics @Lambert87 ?

OP
OP
Lambert87

Lambert87

Base
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was there too! Was so fun to drive in the mud. Even the Big Bend with stock tires took on the hills, mud and ruts with ease! Trail turn assist and trail control features impressed me the most. Since I have a Badlands on order. I was able to do an additional spin in that one to get a feel of the lockers. Everyone in our time slot had no previous off-road experience. Someone brought their Eruption Green 2 door BB. It was beautiful.
I was the only one with experience in our slot! They put us first behind the lead and we're had a ball!

Sponsored

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Afternoon everyone, just wanted to say that yesterday at Virginia Motorsports Park me and my father and a friend got the opportunity to do the "drive the Bronco" event in a 33° rain and snow storm and it was simply awesome!
Everything was great, planned and executed professionally. I was given a pre production 2 door Outer Banks in Cyber Orange, V6 with Lux (no sas) and an expert driver from Ford. We tromped through mud, creeks, over stumps. We went through water holes up to the hubs and went through a Motocross track at the end. Trail turn assist is unbelievable, when actually using it it feels like the hand of God shoves the truck where you want it. Coming from Jeeps and large trucks I was so impressed with the plucky Bronco.
I'm so excited to get mine now it makes me sick, but learning some features and beating on one I didn't have to bring home was perfect. If your coming from a Jeep, there's no steering jerk in ruts, no fighting the wheel to keep it tracking, it rides like a heavy truck, pulled like a billy goat going up 21° muddy slick inclines.
If your like me and stuck by this thing since the start please don't let all the setbacks deter you, your trucks going to be killer, is going to impress your friends and it's going to be more than you expected! Thanks to the folks at Ford for an Outstanding experience!
Great feedback! Glad you had a great time, crossing our fingers you get your Bronco soon!

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here are pics from my event. The drivers helped take pics of everyone and dropped them to my phone:)👌

tempImageifHmI5.png

tempImagelF6m8p.png

tempImageMleppy.png

tempImageQv1v9s.png

tempImagesvXvYF.png

taconic41

Black Diamond
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond, Sasquatch, 7MT, Race Red.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I drove #8, red, 7MT, when it was in Florida. Maybe someday I will get my own.

BigCatISU

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We were there at the 9:30 time slot on Saturday and drove the 4 door Big Bend. They had some no shows in next session, so let me do a second lap in the 2 door Cyber Orange Outer Banks.
Such a great experience!!

Sponsored

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great to see this was a good experience. I’ll be doing the one tomorrow morning at Summit Point in WV. Really looking forward to it now.

jimwalston

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition 2017 STI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went on Monday with my father after all that rain. 7sp manual was great. Got to try out the crawler gear.
Ford Bronco Ford's "drive the Bronco" Event was Awesome BroncoJLWJPW

jimwalston

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition 2017 STI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was surprised to see a non sas OBX go through the course.
Ford Bronco Ford's "drive the Bronco" Event was Awesome BroncoJim

Ford Bronco Ford's "drive the Bronco" Event was Awesome BroncoWhitebase4

Bigeffr

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 6G BL SAS - 22 Sport Badlands - 13 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We were there Saturday as well. We were in #7 and even with the rain and as much mud as there was I had no issues with traction in any part of the course. Pretty impressive - the Bronco is better off road than my 2013 Ford Raptor for sure (and my Raptor is a beast). My wife videoed the entire thing and have watched it twice already since Saturday LOL

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just signed up for the Dover Plains, NY event. I hope they have the 7MT available! Figure less than an hour away - might as well check it out.
Sponsored