Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 135i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Guys,
I ordered a wildtrak a year ago, and it's still waiting unscheduled.

I got tired of waiting and called some dealers and finally found one who said they have an incoming unit matches our build and it's built! The only issue is apparently it's waiting for a chip.

They estimate the car will arrive by mid July. I think I'm going to jump on it, but do you guys think it's actually going to come by then?

The only thing this car doesn't have that we wanted is the lux package.

I wonder if it's a chip or different part they are waiting on.

Super excited but seems too good to be true..
Sponsored

JRock17

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice Mountain 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Jump on it, July is better than never!!!!!

Falcon01

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R35 GTR, Chevy Bolt, Saab 9-3 Aero 6spd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would they sell it for sticker?

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Guys,

I got tired of waiting and called some dealers and finally found one who said they have an incoming unit matches our build and it's built! The only issue is apparently it's waiting for a chip.

They estimate the car will arrive by mid July. I think I'm going to jump on it, but do you guys think it's actually going to come by then?

Well, I've seen a lot of people Post that Ford Customer Service has told them their chips would be available, in July. The earliest July date that I've seen anyone post, is July 26. My unit has been sitting on the mountain for several months, now, and it is forecast to get chips on August 4.

If you are lucky enough to get a transport delivery, you might get it a few days or a week after it is loaded (who knows how long it takes to get them on a carrier).

I'm in CA, so my unit will ship by rail. I'm told that is about a 3-week process, once it is loaded.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey Guys,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you ordered a Wild Trak with the LUX packaged and this one doe';t have the LUX package, then how does it match your build? Not saying you shouldn't jump on it, just pointing out the obvious.

Other question I would ask the dealership is if or how long this Bronco was sitting on dirt mountain before Ford decided to ship it out with the missing chips.

Reactions: Kai

Sponsored

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The estimated delivery date that Ford places on the microchip hold vehicles in their holding lot is not accurate. Yes, it is possible that this Bronco will deliver in July, but the reality is that its kind of a crapshoot.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Guys,

Grab it up If your planning to mod it out donā€™t worry about the lux itā€™s just a pain in the A if your adding a winch or after market bumper and more to go wrong. We have the high package on both of ours and it is decently equipped.

Last edited:

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

HEY,
Ford Bronco Found a Bronco waiting for chip 86AA1FCE-0670-4237-8BF6-CC4267366E64

Hey Guys,

OP
OP

thanu31

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 135i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would they sell it for sticker?
Yes, he said MSRP. I just submitted my DL, he said hes going to draft up the contract tomorrow. Super Stoked.

I just hope my original order doesn't end up coming first, but I highly doubt it since its still unscheduled.

OP
OP

thanu31

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 135i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you ordered a Wild Trak with the LUX packaged and this one doe';t have the LUX package, then how does it match your build? Not saying you shouldn't jump on it, just pointing out the obvious.

Other question I would ask the dealership is if or how long this Bronco was sitting on dirt mountain before Ford decided to ship it out with the missing chips.
Yup, you are right. I meant to say its almost exact, except for that.

And I noticed this one has the modular bumper. My original order just had brush bars.
Do you guys know if the brush bar can be added by the dealer on the modular bumper?

Sponsored

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

if over msrp no

OP
OP

thanu31

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 135i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Grab it up If your planning to mod it out donā€™t worry about the lux itā€™s just a pain in the A if your adding a winch or after market bumper and more to go wrong. We have the high package on both of ours and itā€™s not decently equipped.
Not really planning to mod it, but I think we are willing to settle as we are fed up with waiting.

Did you mean its decently equipped or its not...

ArkBronco3667

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would go for it if they are willing to sell at MSRP. I wouldnā€™t hold your breath on the July date though. Ford has been giving us January builds EDDs all this time and they keep failing to meet them so I donā€™t trust this date to be any more accurate than the past ones. My new EDD is August 6th.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Your dealer is going to draft up a contract for what? Dealers can't contract for something that isn't theirs yet. If they're pushing you to sign a purchase contract with financing now, beware..if it's just a deposit to hold the unit once it arrives, that sounds more like what they should be doing.

OP
OP

thanu31

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 135i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your dealer is going to draft up a contract for what? Dealers can't contract for something that isn't theirs yet. If they're pushing you to sign a purchase contract with financing now, beware..if it's just a deposit to hold the unit once it arrives, that sounds more like what they should be doing.
Good Point.
He said just going to make sure all the numbers work for me and take a deposit. He also said he will provide a vin.

I will be aware about signing any credit papers. Thanks for the heads up.
Sponsored