NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does anyone know of a video showing the behavior with respect to the windows dropping a small amount when one opens the door, and vice versa when closing the door?
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious why you’re looking for this? It’s pretty common on many frameless doors and as far as I know, operates the same.

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just curious why you’re looking for this? It’s pretty common on many frameless doors and as far as I know, operates the same.
I had read somewhere that someone who test drove one felt that the windows weren’t making great contact at the top when the doors were closed.

I think somewhere else I saw a comment that someone who test drove one felt that the mechanism was too slow and the window was catching on the seal when they were opening the doors.

I am hoping to see a video so I can compare to my other vehicle which has the same behavior and works flawlessly, and makes VERY strong contact at the top!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had read somewhere that someone who test drove one felt that the windows weren’t making great contact at the top when the doors were closed.

I think somewhere else I saw a comment that someone who test drove one felt that the mechanism was too slow and the window was catching on the seal when they were opening the doors.

I am hoping to see a video so I can compare to my other vehicle which has the same behavior and works flawlessly, and makes VERY strong contact at the top!
Ah, understood.

I wonder if it’s just a pre-production model issue you saw/read.

These features are usually super quick, so hopefully the Bronco is the same.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't one of the bronco nation videos show that?
I actually just checked some of theirs, primarily the roof removal/door removal videos; looks like they start off with the windows down. Unless there’s another one you’re thinking of?

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just test drove a Badlands manual a few hours ago. When I opened the doors, they imperceptibly dropped about half and inch (perceivable with apt attention), and then raised themselves up (and under the rubber molding) back up after closing.

4everbored

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Your Bronco Model
Base
I actually just checked some of theirs, primarily the roof removal/door removal videos; looks like they start off with the windows down. Unless there’s another one you’re thinking of?
I know I've seen it somewhere but I don't remember.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It worked as well as any other frameless window I’ve used before. I did notice the seals at the top might not be as solid but I assumed it was a MIC top issue not a window issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

here's one of them

Peter
Ah cool, thanks! It looks like the seal the window makes is with a seal that is not actually attached to the top, so it must still make contact with this when topless?

It also does look like its a little slow to react when opening, window got slightly caught on seal and wobbled

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone know of a video showing the behavior with respect to the windows dropping a small amount when one opens the door, and vice versa when closing the door?
Frameless doors do this all the time. It's a safety feature so the window doesn't get caught on anything when you open it.

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Frameless doors do this all the time. It's a safety feature so the window doesn't get caught on anything when you open it.
Agreed, as I mentioned my other vehicles have the feature. As I mentioned, however, I've heard the Bronco mechanism was slow to respond/wasn't making great contact, which is why I was looking for media to compare.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Agreed, as I mentioned my other vehicles have the feature. As I mentioned, however, I've heard the Bronco mechanism was slow to respond/wasn't making great contact, which is why I was looking for media to compare.
I seen the video your taking about and it seems like it does slightly grab the top when opening them. The windows are slow as shit up and down. I’d prefer crank windows personally.
Sponsored