broncoJR

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Check Engine and Engine codes have absolutely nothing to do with the actual engine. These are Smog/Emissions related. If you dropped a valve, you wouldn't get a light, you'd have a blown engine.

Since you didn't actually provide us the code, we can't say what is wrong. But the most likely issue is either a spark plug wire, or the stupid "Coil over plug" that Ford uses which are notorious for going bad.
The messages I got didn’t have a code. Here is what I got back from the service tech, don’t know if these codes are meaningful.

Ford Bronco From elation to broken in 24 hours. Service Engine Soon CEL 9C13EFB2-488F-4632-B3C3-8C554A6083B5
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
P0306 is cylinder misfire on cylinder 6. (which is what the paperwork says, so I guess you knew that already)
P0301 = cylinder 1 etc

Normally this code is a bad COP (coil over plug), but since this a a brand new vehicle is it most likely that COP or COP boot was not seated correctly. It can also happen if the electrical plug for the fuel injector is loose.

AZBobV

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
P0306 is cylinder misfire on cylinder 6. (which is what the paperwork says, so I guess you knew that already)
P0301 = cylinder 1 etc

Normally this code is a bad COP (coil over plug), but since this a a brand new vehicle is it most likely that COP or COP boot was not seated correctly. It can also happen if the electrical plug for the fuel injector is loose.
I had 1001 mi cruising at 75 plus in strong headwind on I-40. Suddenly check engine and driveline malfunction warning popped on dash and lost power in heavy traffic …
Stopped, checked all fluids , restart engine and sounds fine .. warning lights still on. I am 100 miles from nowhere Socorro NM ..
long story short .. got to dealer in ALB NM and I had found and they agreed clamp in inlet to mass air from turbo was never tightened so under high boost it had blown it seal and computer went into limp mode..
maybe check your clamps
Ford Bronco From elation to broken in 24 hours. Service Engine Soon CEL 803A1B56-88EC-4228-8144-4D8F116E2F35

AZBobV

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had 1001 mi cruising at 75 plus in strong headwind on I-40. Suddenly check engine and driveline malfunction warning popped on dash and lost power in heavy traffic …
Stopped, checked all fluids , restart engine and sounds fine .. warning lights still on. I am 100 miles from nowhere Socorro NM ..
long story short .. got to dealer in ALB NM and I had found and they agreed clamp in inlet to mass air from turbo was never tightened so under high boost it had blown it seal and computer went into limp mode..
maybe check your clamps
Ford Bronco From elation to broken in 24 hours. Service Engine Soon CEL 803A1B56-88EC-4228-8144-4D8F116E2F35
Fault codes thrown because of the loose clamp under high boost. Tightened clamp Dealer had to do reset to get out of limp mode but at 2600 MI no further issues
Ford Bronco From elation to broken in 24 hours. Service Engine Soon CEL 28C5EAE8-A9A7-4717-AD1C-FE8B67FC65D9
Sponsored