Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I doubt you have a blown motor because it would not run. However you could definitely have an "AA" motor that is in the danger zone.

Chances are it's just a connector or something that wasn't put together right. It is well known that Ford's assembly QC is worthless with these Broncos.
Sponsored

OP
OP
broncoJR

broncoJR

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That sounds like an ice mountain build. Only went one state over yet took three months from built to delivered.
What does this mean in terms of engine problems? More likely to have some kind of connector issue or random electronics problem? Or more likely to have a major mechanical issue with the engine?

OP
OP
broncoJR

broncoJR

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah I doubt you have a blown motor because it would not run. However you could definitely have an "AA" motor that is in the danger zone.

Chances are it's just a connector or something that wasn't put together right. It is well known that Ford's assembly QC is worthless with these Broncos.
What does ‘AA’ mean here? Should I be taking additional steps once I get it back?

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What does ‘AA’ mean here? Should I be taking additional steps once I get it back?
There is a whole thread on 2.7L engines dropping valves due to an unknown supplier manufacturing issue. On your engine is a sticker that gives production info. The 'AA' on it denotes the first generation or iteration of the engine. We think a switch to 'AB' means components are different and the issue resolved.

When you get a chance, check for a sticker on your engine. I don't recall where it is located (someone will say in this thread) and post it. You can also seek out the other thread.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Read the first post of the engine thread link you were given earlier. That will describe the engine label AA vs AB, when your engine was built, and the issues with the engines for MY21. They put the newer AB version engines in the production line in December, tho.

Also...the fuses and the fuse box fasteners are frequently loose and not seated. Mine were, as well. Might be worthwhile to double check for fuse seating and tight fasteners.

So sorry to read this. I would be heart broken, frustrated, worried and even mad if I was in your shoes.

Hope it's a simple fix.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncoJR

broncoJR

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Read the first post of the engine thread link you were given earlier. That will describe the engine label AA vs AB, when your engine was built, and the issues with the engines for MY21. They put the newer AB version engines in the production line in December, tho.

Also...the fuses and the fuse box fasteners are frequently loose and not seated. Mine were, as well. Might be worthwhile to double check for fuse seating and tight fasteners.

So sorry to read this. I would be heart broken, frustrated, worried and even mad if I was in your shoes.

Hope it's a simple fix.
I‘m honestly going to be afraid to even let my kids ride in it if I have to take it on the highway after reading these threads.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Please don't speculate and get off this forum. These guys always assume the worst and if you listen to them, it will taint your ownership experience.

Wait until your dealer tells you what is the issue.

@Ford Motor Company can you help this customer before the mob gets to him?

What does this mean in terms of engine problems? More likely to have some kind of connector issue or random electronics problem? Or more likely to have a major mechanical issue with the engine?

Last edited:
OP
OP
broncoJR

broncoJR

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please don't speculate and get off this forum. These guys always assume the worst here and if you listen to them, it will taint your ownership experience.

Wait until your dealer tells you what is the issue.

@Ford Motor Company can you help this customer before the mob gets to him?
Sorry, I’ll calm down. I want to believe! In the 12 hours I had mine I absolutely loved every single bit of the design and I sincerely hope I am happily driving this Bronco for the next 8 or 10 years.

My grandpa retired from Ford’s Cincinnati plant in 1978 and my Dad never drove anything else. He talked fondly about his 67 Mustang fastback until he passed away! We talked about how much we both loved the original Broncos all the time. I had 2 Explorers myself, but both had transmission and engine problems at fairly low miles. I haven’t had a Ford since my beloved Sports Trac broke down 10 years ago. When I saw that Ford was bringing the Bronco back, I knew I had to have one. I really, really want to be a Ford man again. I’ll try to stay positive.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As ^^ pointed out. Nobody with an "AB" engine has blown as of yet, as well as anyone with a black "2022" sticker.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I know it sucks for you BUT do you want whatever is wrong to go wrong now or 5 years from now?

Sorry, I’ll calm down. I want to believe! In the 12 hours I had mine I absolutely loved every single bit of the design and I sincerely hope I am happily driving this Bronco for the next 8 or 10 years.

My grandpa retired from Ford’s Cincinnati plant in 1978 and my Dad never drove anything else. He talked fondly about his 67 Mustang fastback until he passed away! We talked about how much we both loved the original Broncos all the time. I had 2 Explorers myself, but both had transmission and engine problems at fairly low miles. I haven’t had a Ford since my beloved Sports Trac broke down 10 years ago. When I saw that Ford was bringing the Bronco back, I knew I had to have one. I really, really want to be a Ford man again. I’ll try to stay positive.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Could it be something as simply as the infamous loose fuse box under the hood? Let's hope so. Good luck.

Ford Bronco From elation to broken in 24 hours. Service Engine Soon CEL fuse 1

Last edited:
OP
OP
broncoJR

broncoJR

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got another CEL notification on my Ford Pass app. No word from the dealer, but they are hopefully looking at it.

Ford Bronco From elation to broken in 24 hours. Service Engine Soon CEL 1AA14ABC-6E96-448C-9087-91E00B87BED6

OP
OP
broncoJR

broncoJR

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went up today and had it towed back to the original dealer. Took a minute to check the engine sticker and looks like I’m in the danger engine group. :sick:

Ford Bronco From elation to broken in 24 hours. Service Engine Soon CEL 7008E575-BD77-43C5-B1C7-E2844BC41441

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took a minute to check the engine sticker and looks like I’m in the danger engine group. :sick:

Ford Bronco From elation to broken in 24 hours. Service Engine Soon CEL 7008E575-BD77-43C5-B1C7-E2844BC41441
According to having an AA engine, or do you actually fall within the dates of problematic builds?

OP
OP
broncoJR

broncoJR

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
According to having an AA engine, or do you actually fall within the dates of problematic builds?
I think just the AA engine part if I understand. But the build date isn’t in the failure hit zone I think.
Sponsored