Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went up today and had it towed back to the original dealer. Took a minute to check the engine sticker and looks like I’m in the danger engine group. :sick:

Not in the danger zone, just now t the new head design!
Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think just the AA engine part if I understand. But the build date isn’t in the failure hit zone I think.
Nothing is 100%, but you'll probably be okay if you don't fall in the bad date range.

OP
OP
broncoJR

broncoJR

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank goodness. Just got a call from my salesperson and they said the service manager reviewed the codes in Ford Pass and is hopeful it is just a spark plug problem. But they will hook it up to the diagnostics computer tomorrow morning.

Sorry for my panic.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank goodness. Just got a call from my salesperson and they said the service manager reviewed the codes in Ford Pass and is hopeful it is just a spark plug problem. But they will hook it up to the diagnostics computer tomorrow morning.

Sorry for my panic.
Great news! Ignore all the naysayers. Knowledge is a good thing on any issue and knowing what has happened and is possible is a good thing. Whether it’s a loose connection, spark plug, dropped valve, etc. If some want to ignore past and present issues- they are welcome to that.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
My first guess with the problem description and what Ford Pass was reporting would be an ignition problem. Misfire tells me bad spark plug wire or bad spark plug. It happens. Let them work the problem and they'll let you know what is up.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went up today and had it towed back to the original dealer. Took a minute to check the engine sticker and looks like I’m in the danger engine group. :sick:

7008E575-BD77-43C5-B1C7-E2844BC41441.jpeg
Hey, I cant tell what component or location for that sticker. Can you give me an idea?

I hear ur pain on the issues. Good luck!!!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, I cant tell what component or location for that sticker. Can you give me an idea?

I hear ur pain on the issues. Good luck!!!

Sticker on the oil fill. It gives your engine part number, and there's a sequence of numbers that tell you which Julian date your engine was made.

There is a very specific date range where many of the engines have failed.

But again, to the OP, this is NOT What happened to yours. When an engine blows it stops running. It won't even try to start. You have a misfire, this is something totally different.

I wouldn't run scared if I had an "AA" engine, but i know I wouldn't buy one given the chance. With that said, there are plenty of people, even on this board, that have put on some good mileage with no issues. That period of time is just a gamble.

You would have to refer to the other thread to determine if you're inside that window or not.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sticker on the oil fill. It gives your engine part number, and there's a sequence of numbers that tell you which Julian date your engine was made.

There is a very specific date range where many of the engines have failed.

But again, to the OP, this is NOT What happened to yours. When an engine blows it stops running. It won't even try to start. You have a misfire, this is something totally different.

I wouldn't run scared if I had an "AA" engine, but i know I wouldn't buy one given the chance. With that said, there are plenty of people, even on this board, that have put on some good mileage with no issues. That period of time is just a gamble.

You would have to refer to the other thread to determine if you're inside that window or not.
Thanks! Look when I get home.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome!

OP
OP
broncoJR

broncoJR

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I feel so dumb for getting all worked up now. My wife says that since I waited for almost 9 months to get it, I’m basically like a new parent with a baby. Thanks everyone!

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I feel so dumb for getting all worked up now. My wife says that since I waited for almost 9 months to get it, I’m basically like a new parent with a baby. Thanks everyone!
What a perfect analogy! This site is those dumb parenting books and the sensible posters are your parents and others who keep telling you to not worry and just let her cry!

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank goodness. Just got a call from my salesperson and they said the service manager reviewed the codes in Ford Pass and is hopeful it is just a spark plug problem.
Check Engine and Engine codes have absolutely nothing to do with the actual engine. These are Smog/Emissions related. If you dropped a valve, you wouldn't get a light, you'd have a blown engine.

Since you didn't actually provide us the code, we can't say what is wrong. But the most likely issue is either a spark plug wire, or the stupid "Coil over plug" that Ford uses which are notorious for going bad.
Sponsored