Sponsored

Front door unpainted hinges - have dealer correct or leave as is? (UPDATE: Resolved)

Jofenech

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kind of sounds like they are going to use a rattle can of dupli color by the way they are describing the results.
Sponsored

OP
OP
edernest

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kind of sounds like they are going to use a rattle can of dupli color by the way they are describing the results.
I know that's not the case because I asked if they needed to order paint and was told that they blend their own. I've never used their body shop before but they operate a legit collision shop so I believe they have the resources to do it right. I guess I need to ask them more questions before I sign off on doing the work.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

they are unwilling to correct this under the warranty.
Not an option. That may be what they say... but, then it is time to get Ford involved directly by opening a case. Looking at other vehicles, including the ones in marketing promo shots, you can clearly see the hinges and jambs are painted. These were missed.
If you feel like putting some effort into it, don't settle for half-assed quality and uninspired responses.
If you just want to pay to have it fixed yourself, go ahead.
You shouldn't have to settle for the latter.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The body portions were my concerns as well for the reason you mentioned and the need to blend. Should they be able to match the sparkle of the tri-coat or will it end up more flat than the original?
They have a mixing bank onsite, or should.
If not their supply jobber does.
There is no reason on Earth why they could not get this match "good enough" for a door jamb.
It is not as easy as black, but by no means is it unobtanium to get a yellow tri-color to match using a mixing bank. Especially if they blend the pearl coat and the base coat out in stages to the adjacent jamb area.
If this was a body panel I would have some reason for concern.
But there are several on here who have literally bought a can of touchup spray and ended up with a really good match painting their grille letters and such. No reason why a professional could not get accurate results.

Jofenech

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know that's not the case because I asked if they needed to order paint and was told that they blend their own. I've never used their body shop before but they operate a legit collision shop so I believe they have the resources to do it right. I guess I need to ask them more questions before I sign off on doing the work.
Thatā€™s good, perhaps they can show you an example of the quality you can expect, perhaps the hinge on another vehicle etc. and mention it on your work order ?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Took delivery of my CO Bronco just over a month ago (late May 2022 build) and was disappointed to see that the paint was poorly applied to the front door hinges like Iā€™ve seen others here report. As a July 2020 res holder I watched for almost two years as Ford repeatedly marketed the vehicle to me with doors off, and I never once saw them present something that looked like mine. I realize this is likely more of a process problem than it is a line quality issue, but the fact is that I paid $700 for a premium tri-coat paint option and what I received didnā€™t match the expectation Ford established.

My local dealer has told me that Ford will reject a warranty claim to correct this, but that theyā€™d be willing to do the work as a courtesy. They made it clear to me that because of the trim, etc that they are not able to paint it easily and it may ultimately look worse. And since it would not be work done Ford it would not fall under the factory warranty later on.

Have any of you already tackled this issue, and if so, how did your dealer handle it? Anyone have before and after photos of the work? Iā€™d especially like to see how well the orange tri-coat blends with surrounding paint.

A2BB322D-06DA-400F-8DC7-4D4EE7D3E032.jpeg
AA433507-CF5B-4715-AD6E-6C1529780638.jpeg
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Before and after, as an example how quick and easy without disassembly it is to make a world of difference (on the hinges)
Ford Bronco Front door unpainted hinges - have dealer correct or leave as is? (UPDATE: Resolved) 351A2C4D-9312-49D5-BD1D-0833689509A3

Ford Bronco Front door unpainted hinges - have dealer correct or leave as is? (UPDATE: Resolved) 503A9934-CA06-437F-9618-D30D6307E4E9

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Before and after, as an example how quick and easy without disassembly it is to make a world of difference (on the hinges)
351A2C4D-9312-49D5-BD1D-0833689509A3.jpeg

503A9934-CA06-437F-9618-D30D6307E4E9.jpeg
Beautiful work, as always, my friend. I would pay for those services. (y)

OP
OP
edernest

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Front door unpainted hinges - have dealer correct or leave as is? (UPDATE: Resolved) 503A9934-CA06-437F-9618-D30D6307E4E9

Nice work, looks much better. If I had access to my own shop I'd probably do the same to make sure it was done to my liking.

Montaracactusgrey

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands and Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback. As I said it didn't meet my expectations either, not for a 60k vehicle with a $700 paint upgrade premium. I would very much like to know if @Ford Motor Company considers this within their quality specifications since according to my dealer they are unwilling to correct this under the warranty.
Hi edernest,

Did Ford ever help you out with this issue?
I have the same problem with hinges and there are quite a few frame welds that werenā€™t painted completely that are rusting already. I also had/have a small penny size ding immediately below my drivers mirror that looks like someone shot it with a high powered bb - definitely was pre paint. Dealer acknowledged but didnā€™t want to do anything about it. They were pretty horrible to deal with through buying process so no surprise they offered no help - plus I donā€™t trust them. I now call it a ā€˜Beauty markā€™ and am trying to live with it.
Either way I hope your enjoying it as much as me! Aside from these qc issues I love driving it!

Sponsored
OP
OP
edernest

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi edernest,

Did Ford ever help you out with this issue?
I have the same problem with hinges and there are quite a few frame welds that werenā€™t painted completely that are rusting already. I also had/have a small penny size ding immediately below my drivers mirror that looks like someone shot it with a high powered bb - definitely was pre paint. Dealer acknowledged but didnā€™t want to do anything about it. They were pretty horrible to deal with through buying process so no surprise they offered no help - plus I donā€™t trust them. I now call it a ā€˜Beauty markā€™ and am trying to live with it.
Either way I hope your enjoying it as much as me! Aside from these qc issues I love driving it!
Ford created a case to look into this on my behalf, but after a week I still have yet to hear from anyone on their end. So no, they have not provided me any assistance so far. My dealer, who had already offered to correct the issue at their cost, has given me assurance that it will be done so that it looks as close to factory original as possible. So I'm glad that I at least have some resolution available to me but I would have preferred if Ford had recognized this as a manufacturing flaw instead of leaving it on the consumer/dealer to sort out.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can attest to the CO paint being extremely thin on the door jambs and almost nonexistent on the hinges. Mine was built last September and had the same issues. If you think it looks green in pictures, it stands out even more in person. It sucks, but Ford has no quality control and isn't interested in improving.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Youā€™re gonna open this can? My wifeā€™s hinges look this way AND so does the fronts of both front doors.

Gil Carolina

Big Bend
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Took delivery of my CO Bronco just over a month ago (late May 2022 build) and was disappointed to see that the paint was poorly applied to the front door hinges like Iā€™ve seen others here report. As a July 2020 res holder I watched for almost two years as Ford repeatedly marketed the vehicle to me with doors off, and I never once saw them present something that looked like mine. I realize this is likely more of a process problem than it is a line quality issue, but the fact is that I paid $700 for a premium tri-coat paint option and what I received didnā€™t match the expectation Ford established.

My local dealer has told me that Ford will reject a warranty claim to correct this, but that theyā€™d be willing to do the work as a courtesy. They made it clear to me that because of the trim, etc that they are not able to paint it easily and it may ultimately look worse. And since it would not be work done Ford it would not fall under the factory warranty later on.

Have any of you already tackled this issue, and if so, how did your dealer handle it? Anyone have before and after photos of the work? Iā€™d especially like to see how well the orange tri-coat blends with surrounding paint.

Have you actually talked to Ford coroner care? Thatā€™s BS. I would raise hell. Dealers make shit up all the time.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs