Sponsored

Front License Plate & Bracket Installed by Dealer. What To Do Now?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First thing I would do is use the dealers tag for target practice. Then I would patch the holes, and buy a holder that places the plate in a better looking location. That is if you have to run a front plate.
Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the plug info!

But now I know what it will look like when I take my plate off...

I asked my dealer not to install and they said ok. It got installed anyways and they had a few bad excuses.

My truck is, unfortunately, going in for body work in a few weeks. I was going to move the plate to a front shackle then have them clean up the holes and dab a bit of paint on it. Now I'll have them paint the plugs and install them. Thank you again!

What else could I have them paint rapid red? The paint will already be mixed.

Dogstyle

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The dealer installed a front license plate bracket and drilled holes into the front facia of my beloved Bronco. Would you all...

1) Leave the license plate and bracket up front?
2) Patch the holes?
3) Leave the holes and get over it?

What would you do? BTW...I recognize this is a silly and insignificant topic...so go easy on me. Ha!

E2C7C2FE-D003-451A-A9FF-BB61AC413F74.jpeg

BACC5D3B-2CB3-4BE9-9601-D6CE3135F4A1.jpeg
That's unfortunate. Personal preference but what has been done, done. You could always drill them larger and use the holes to feed a light bar.
I ordered a remount kit from Builtright Ind. (BR43448) and specifically instructed my sales guy to instruct them to not drill the hole for this reason.

OP
OP
STRATUS

STRATUS

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, C8 Corvette Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks! I went ahead an ordered the color matched Bumper Plugs. You gotta love capitalism. The site charged $30.00 plus shipping for two plugs. $36.00 total.

BUMPER PLUGS HEADQUARTERS: "WE GOT ANOTHER SUUUUUUCKER!"

They obviously know consumers are willing to pay. But seriously...kudos to them.

Last edited:

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BacktotheOval

First Edition
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slow cars, fast cars, and a bus
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

1. I recommend the 4x4TruckLEDs mount -- easy peasy install, and easy to remove when going off-road (so that you get your approach angle back)

2. I wouldn't go with the bumper plugs. Just clean up/patch the hole and paint over. They come from the factory as dimples already, so patching would come the closest to that look. Putting plugs just highlights that they are there.

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The dealer installed a front license plate bracket and drilled holes into the front facia of my beloved Bronco. Would you all...

1) Leave the license plate and bracket up front?
2) Patch the holes?
3) Leave the holes and get over it?

What would you do? BTW...I recognize this is a silly and insignificant topic...so go easy on me. Ha!

Ford Bronco Front License Plate & Bracket Installed by Dealer. What To Do Now? 1636034741168

Ford Bronco Front License Plate & Bracket Installed by Dealer. What To Do Now? 1636034741168
i sent an email the other day to my dealer... his reply was: Rich, I've already spoken with the shop about no longer installing the front plate bracket unless the customer asks for it.

Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am terrified of this exact thing happening with mine. Stupid Virginia laws...

I would take it off and figure out a way to plug/fill/paint the holes.
I have told my dealer multiple times not to put it on there. I did not want the holes. i will mount mine in a different location.

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man that sucks sorry they did that to your Bronco.

If it were me I'd either leave it to cover the holes, the damage is done. Or try to fill them in somehow but I am afraid that might make a bad situation worse.

Just curious did you tell them before hand not to do this? I only ask because I planned on emailing my salesman when my delivery comes up and specifically asking them to not install a bracket.
I asked my dealer not to drill for holes. Even after it arrived, my salesman called me to confirm that not holes would be drilled however the PDI team still drilled holes. The excuse was that Washington state requires a front plate but I think that's just a BS excuse.

Like the op, I ordered bumper plugs but feel that may draw more attention to the holes once installed. My salesman offered to have the body shop do "filler and then paint match the rest to cover it up". I may go that route assuming it looks seamless

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I asked my dealer not to drill for holes. Even after it arrived, my salesman called me to confirm that not holes would be drilled however the PDI team still drilled holes. The excuse was that Washington state requires a front plate but I think that's just a BS excuse.

Like the op, I ordered bumper plugs but feel that may draw more attention to the holes once installed. My salesman offered to have the body shop do "filler and then paint match the rest to cover it up". I may go that route assuming it looks seamless
Damn that blows even after you asked them not to, but at least they offered to fix it the right way. I may buy a bracket and leave it with my salesman so if someone during the PDI insists on it they have an option other than drilling since TX is the same way with front plates.

Cubsfan24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks! I went ahead an ordered the color matched Bumper Plugs. You gotta love capitalism. The site charged $30.00 plus shipping for two plugs. $36.00 total.

BUMPER PLUGS HEADQUARTERS: "WE GOT ANOTHER SUUUUUUCKER!"

They obviously know consumers are willing to pay. But seriously...kudos to them.
Did they send you 2 or 4? I only need 2, but they want $75 for a 4 pack, and won’t send me just 2.

Cubsfan24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Same question, Did they send you 2 or 4? I only need 2, but they want $75 for a 4 pack, and won’t send me just 2. Apparently they are special order for Cactus Gray.
Sponsored