First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, likely only requires 4 bolts to pop the brackets off. And the two bolts holding the sway bar ends to the links. Pretty straight forward.

Now... remove the rear? lmao
I haven't seen any mention of a sway bar in the rear on the Bronco. The track bar serves that functionality, I believe.
Sponsored

OP
OP
simpleBO

simpleBO

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are greatly increasing your risk of a rollover in an onroad situation. What happens if you have to make sharp corrections due to wildlife or somebody coming over a hill on your side of the road? You would be better off installing a manual universal swaybar disconnect on your Bronco if you are not going with a Badlands. You can find them all over the place online. If you happened to get into a rollover and your swaybar delete was determined to be the cause of the accident, good luck getting a payout with your auto insurance. Don't do yourself like that.
That's respectable.

You have experience reconnecting a manual connect on a vehicle with IFS?

Easier or harder than a solid front? It can be a pain on a solid axle to get them to line up and get the pins in.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In a Jeep with a solid front axle it's a whole other world not having the front sway bar connected.

In my IFS colorado, it really wasn't much a difference on road. Minimal body roll.
I had intermittent issues (bolts coming loose or breaking) on QD disco on my Wrangler (SFA). I could tell when I started it if there was an issue, vehicle would torque over on start up. I really wouldn't notice it driving.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You are greatly increasing your risk of a rollover in an onroad situation. What happens if you have to make sharp corrections due to wildlife or somebody coming over a hill on your side of the road? You would be better off installing a manual universal swaybar disconnect on your Bronco if you are not going with a Badlands. You can find them all over the place online. If you happened to get into a rollover and your swaybar delete was determined to be the cause of the accident, good luck getting a payout with your auto insurance. Don't do yourself like that.
Increasing the spring stiffness counteracts the increased body roll. On a lot of IFS setups, the reason you remove the sway bar is because you've lifted beyond the point where the sway bar is functional, so you've likely already upgraded the springs anyway.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am on lunch break and I have to be quick.

I am currently about 3 years into running my 2003 Ranger FX4 Level 2 with no front swaybar, its sitting 5 feet to my right.

Small bump compliance is increased drastically, at all road speeds.

Body roll is increased at all speeds.

Cornering traction is decreased, the "baja lean" also unsettles the rear end and decreases traction on the inside tire. You will now spin the inside tire around corners on wet pavement when you didn't before. This is because the rear inside wheel gets increased ground pressure with the swaybar installed.

Evasive maneuvers are compromised. END. You cannot swerve and swerve back the way you could before. Larger tires compound this effect because of the carcass compressing and rebounding back like a spring.

Badlands takes the cake. The swaybar engages at speed and disconnects when your going slower if desired. Its the only way for me. The best compromise.

You cant allow people to do 75 MPH in sasquatch broncos with no swaybar. It'll be firestone scandal all over again.

I dont see a rear swaybar in the chassis pictures. HUH? is that why our tow rating sucks? I would expect a rear swaybar. I'm baffled and going to cross reference my pictures from the roadshow.

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's respectable.

You have experience reconnecting a manual connect on a vehicle with IFS?

Easier or harder than a solid front? It can be a pain on a solid axle to get them to line up and get the pins in.
The disconnecting part is just as easy with IFS and I would say reconnecting is just as much annoying with IFS as with LFA. As you probably know, the hard part is getting everything to line up to get the pins back in. You will want to be on completely level ground to make it as easy as possible. If you are wheeling only once month or even less, I think the annoying factor is worth it considering safety being the number one factor. If you are wheeling more often than not (at least once a week), I could see why you would just remove it. I just wouldn't recommend it if your Bronco is going to be a daily driver. There are way too many variables that can happen on the open highway.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no rear sway bar on the new Bronco. if I did not have the disco swaybar in my build, I would be eliminating it as well. If it ever fails I will be removing it. Ran over 10 years with front & rear sway bars on my XJ relocated to the local dump because as you mentioned got tired of disconnecting & reconnecting them. No issues if you drive accordingly. YMMV :cool:

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Increasing the spring stiffness counteracts the increased body roll. On a lot of IFS setups, the reason you remove the sway bar is because you've lifted beyond the point where the sway bar is functional, so you've likely already upgraded the springs anyway.
Oh definitely, I would agree if he was going to be running a 4+ inch lift on his Bronco, but he did not mention whether or not he would be running a drastically lifted setup on his OP. I just wouldn't recommend removing the swaybar on a stock suspension truck due to safety concerns on-road.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeeps fully remove swaybars all the time. It makes a hairier driving experience and you don't want just anybody driving your Jeep, but you can compensate for it by modifying your driving behavior and take much of the risk out.

That said, a manual disconnect will be available for the Bronco very quickly and is the best of both worlds on a budget.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, just unbolt one side and drive in a Safe Closed Course setting, learn how the vehicle handles with it disconnected. Then decide if you want to leave it disconnected or to get a manual quick disconnect for the times you want it disconnected.

Also, why remove it fully, as what harm is it going to cause if you just have the ends unbolted and secured out of the way......

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am on lunch break and I have to be quick.

I am currently about 3 years into running my 2003 Ranger FX4 Level 2 with no front swaybar, its sitting 5 feet to my right.

Small bump compliance is increased drastically, at all road speeds.

Body roll is increased at all speeds.

Cornering traction is decreased, the "baja lean" also unsettles the rear end and decreases traction on the inside tire. You will now spin the inside tire around corners on wet pavement when you didn't before. This is because the rear inside wheel gets increased ground pressure with the swaybar installed.

Evasive maneuvers are compromised. END. You cannot swerve and swerve back the way you could before. Larger tires compound this effect because of the carcass compressing and rebounding back like a spring.

Badlands takes the cake. The swaybar engages at speed and disconnects when your going slower if desired. Its the only way for me. The best compromise.

You cant allow people to do 75 MPH in sasquatch broncos with no swaybar. It'll be firestone scandal all over again.

I dont see a rear swaybar in the chassis pictures. HUH? is that why our tow rating sucks? I would expect a rear swaybar. I'm baffled and going to cross reference my pictures from the roadshow.
The front was optional on my Ranger.

Stock suspension and I have never bothered with mine. I do plan on updating it to the later/supercab/BII style so I can disconnect it. I have all the parts to do it I just need to do it.

Rear sway bar wouldn't hurt payload/towing that is for sure. I have seen the light on them...

I picked up a slide in camper and it was sorta sketchy without a rear sway bar. I tracked one down and added it. I haven't had the camper in since I installed the sway bar but holy crap did it improve the handling on the street even empty. Had the truck 20 years without it and I guess I just sorta got used to the waller. It is narrow, it has a bodylift, that is just how it is etc.

It didn't do my articulation any favors and being stock suspension it wasn't super awesome to start with... hence why I want to be able to disconnect the front. It might kinda even things out as most of my articulation came from the rear.

But now as I am trekking cross country to go offroading... just set the cruise and let 'er eat. It just corners like a normal vehicle now. And that is with the lightest one Ford made, the 93+ 5/8" sway bar.

Our Black Diamond of course won't disconnect on its own and I won't fuss about it until I get some experience with it.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is very common in Tacoma’s. But if you’re getting the disco sway... why delete it

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That said, a manual disconnect will be available for the Bronco very quickly and is the best of both worlds on a budget.
What IFS vehicle out there has a major manufacturer that makes a manual disconnect for it? I just question the “available very quickly”...no one made them for FJ or 4Runner that I know if unless new...not counting eBay home brew solutions.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What IFS vehicle out there has a major manufacturer that makes a manual disconnect for it? I just question the “available very quickly”...no one made them for FJ or 4Runner that I know if unless new...not counting eBay home brew solutions.
I may be completely wrong then, I assumed since there's eleventy billion options for Jeeps we'd get at least one.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may be completely wrong then, I assumed since there's eleventy billion options for Jeeps we'd get at least one.
I hope so. It just seems companies were scared of liability on the IFS trucks, or at least that’s what the conventional wisdom was when I was building and wheeling my FJ. A lot of guys just took it off and didn’t mind it. Just no one ever released a quick disconnect kit for it...and at the time that went for Ranger and Taco too...hopefully with the massive numbers of people that will actually be wheeling these that there will be a great solution.
Sponsored