Sponsored

Sway-bar Disconnect Delete Challenge for all you Programmers

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bdbdbdbdbdbdbd UPDATE!!! Bdbdbdbdbdbdbd 11-3-23

So I was able to play around in the garage a little & here are my findings:
When you unplug it the only code / warning lights that come on is a message to service Sta-bar. You click the OK button it appears to be good. No DTC codes what so ever. Awesome!!!! Right ???

Not so fast my friends. A quick turn of the mode dial & no drive modes are available. Meh.
Shifts to 4L ( Forgot to try 4H & 4A) F& R Lockers Engauge, Trail turn assist lights up like it's going to work. Traction control pops up . Notification pops = Advance trac disabled ( Not sure if this is fully disabled, but I tried the hold the button to fully deactivate as shown by Loren & Vaughn but have never seen it work on my truck 🤷‍♂️ Anyway looks like the only real side effects are having to acknowledge the service light & the loss of any & all GOAT modes.

Can I live with that :unsure: Maybe if it came down to paying for a replacement & I prove the other functions in the field, but not right now.
So the challenge still stands 🤠

Here is a challenge for all you Programming Gurus:
Find how one can delete the automatic sway-bar without causing any trouble lights or other electronic adverse affects other than the difference in handling.

I'm getting tired of mucking with this thing every time I work on my axles. It would also be nice to have the ride smoothed out in 2H & 4H & not always having to be in 4L to disconnect. I also want to be ready for when this boat anchor dies as it is not light.

I've driven a decade plus with no sway-bars on my XJ as I got tired of disconnecting them all the time. I have no problem taking responsibility for my driving.

Can this be done...I hope so 🤠

Ford Bronco Sway-bar Disconnect Delete Challenge for all you Programmers 6%2F2021-Bronco-Stabilizer-Bar-Disconnect-1024x578
Sponsored

Last edited:

GTS104

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr basemansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Take it off and never look back!! Drives fine on the road.

20230917_215721.jpg

OP
OP
Felix808

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just cut the bars off and leave the motor hooked up
The idea is to get rid of the whole thing, programming and all. You can also just unbolt them so there is no need to cut them off unless they are frozen. But again, that is not the direction of this post.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

this is super super easy....just use the asbuilt on the ABS module from a very SIMILAR build as yours (powertrain, and gear ratio,) like a wildtrack WITHOUT sway bar disconnect and poof it should be gone.

since your interested in this you might as well write down the changes before and after (or use as built explorer)

and then you could tell us a list of possible changes that affect the swaybar, and those that want to add the OEM one to their build could then have part of the tools necessary.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'll program it for you for the old parts.

if forescan don't work., it could be a change in configuration and programming that has to be done in FDRS...(like the rack swap)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Felix808

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll program it for you for the old parts.

if forescan don't work., it could be a change in configuration and programming that has to be done in FDRS...(like the rack swap)
I should note, I'm running the Whipple Stage 1 tune. I have my tear tag info, but have not run Forscan since the tune.

this is super super easy....just use the asbuilt on the ABS module from a very SIMILAR build as yours (powertrain, and gear ratio,) like a wildtrack WITHOUT sway bar disconnect and poof it should be gone.

since your interested in this you might as well write down the changes before and after (or use as built explorer)

and then you could tell us a list of possible changes that affect the swaybar, and those that want to add the OEM one to their build could then have part of the tools necessary.
:unsure: I'll have to take a bit when I'm less tired to try to understand all that & then I may still have some questions.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think it’ll be a little more complicated than that.
The sway bar disconnect has its own independent module, the chassis control module, which communicates with 5 other modules over FD-CAN. Just changing the ABS as-built alone wouldn’t prevent multiple other modules from throwing warning messages/DTCs

That being said, I’m sure it can be done with the right amount of tinkering.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unplug it and see what codes are thrown. Then see why/what module threw the code. Find a similar build without the auto swaybar and copy its modules settings to yours. ???

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just unbolt one end.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think it’ll be a little more complicated than that.
The sway bar disconnect has its own independent module, the chassis control module, which communicates with 5 other modules over FD-CAN. Just changing the ABS as-built alone wouldn’t prevent multiple other modules from throwing warning messages/DTCs

That being said, I’m sure it can be done with the right amount of tinkering.
wait your saying the swaybar is controlled by the CCM and not the ABS? interesting...

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

wait your saying the swaybar is controlled by the CCM and not the ABS? interesting...
Yep, CHCM or chassis control module.
The only thing the ABS supplies is wheel speed and drive mode data for the CHCM.

OP
OP
Felix808

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just unbolt one end.
Again, not the premise of this challenge. The idea is to:

1: Possibly eliminate it all together to simplify things.

2. Avoid paying for another one if & when it fails as they are not cheap.

Unplug it and see what codes are thrown. Then see why/what module threw the code. Find a similar build without the auto swaybar and copy its modules settings to yours. ???
I think I will try this to gather data of what becomes effected once removed physically from the system. might take a week or so before I can get to it, but will post the codes once I do 🤠 .

Yep, CHCM or chassis control module.
The only thing the ABS supplies is wheel speed and drive mode data for the CHCM.
Thank you for your insight as always @Ducati1098.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Again, not the premise of this challenge. The idea is to:

1: Possibly eliminate it all together to simplify things.

2. Avoid paying for another one if & when it fails as they are not cheap.

I think I will try this to gather data of what becomes effected once removed physically from the system. might take a week or so before I can get to it, but will post the codes once I do 🤠 .

Thank you for your insight as always @Ducati1098.
I don't understand. If you want to simplify things why not just disconnect it...that seems the most simple to me.
Sponsored