First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate and agree with your post, but think you may have sort of blew past this:
I stand by notion that the having the sway bar disconnected is valuable and even essential when in an environment that requires 33+" tires and dual lockers. Especially if we're talking about a rock crawling scenario.

I agree with the notion that the Jeep and Ford factory **automatic/push button** disconnects are a luxury item and may be prone to problems. In the Jeep world there are a variety of solutions that work well. I assume this will be the case for the Bronco too. For harder stuff an adjustable or disconnected sway bar is important, but the factory option isn't the only way to get it done.

So, we may be in partial agreement :)
Sponsored

Reactions: JT1

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I stand by notion that the having the sway bar disconnected is valuable and even essential when in an environment that requires 33+" tires and dual lockers. Especially if we're talking about a rock crawling scenario.

I agree with the notion that the Jeep and Ford factory **automatic/push button** disconnects are a luxury item and may be prone to problems. In the Jeep world there are a variety of solutions that work well. I assume this will be the case for the Bronco too. For harder stuff an adjustable or disconnected sway bar is important, but the factory option isn't the only way to get it done.

So, we may be in partial agreement :)
Manual disco's are a bit of a pain if you've been deep in the mud, but for everything else, 30 seconds to pull 2 pins is way better than $750 to fix the rubi bar when they break..

Jwis

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed Private Label Manufacturing sway bar disconnects yesterday, on a new 23 2 dr Wildtrak. Would have loved the factory disconnect as it is hydraulic and can actuate under force and reconnect at speed.
My previous ORV was a 05 LJ Rubicon, and the manual disconnect definitely helped with Moab rock crawling. With it disconnected I did not like it on the highway. Though, I did not like the LJ above 55 mph anyway.
Now for the Bronco: I tested it on my landscape rock with and without sway bar connected. Connected it slightly lifted the rear tire off the ground--tippy when I got out. Disconnected it was solid.
The jury is out on the PLM disconnect, but initial quality seems decent, a 10-mile highway drive was not different than factory links. I do not like the way the PLM stows, will be making something to swing up and secure to the sway bar when disconnected.
Colorado Bronco Upfitters is developing a retrofit with factory like programming, certainly a LOT more than the $300 PLM disconnects, but on my wish list.
Ford Bronco Sway Bar Disconnect Functionality Bronco rock with koobs
Sponsored