First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe thatā€™s just a single replacement part to the kit. You canā€™t just use those with the factory links.

Factory on left, AC Fab on right. Old pic, but you get the idea. AC Fab has improved theirs since and I believe there is at least one other manufacturer making them at this point.

Ford Bronco Manual sway bar disconnect IMG_5875

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe thatā€™s just a single replacement part to the kit. You canā€™t just use those with the factory links.

Factory on left, AC Fab on right. Old pic, but you get the idea. AC Fab has improved theirs since and I believe there is at least one other manufacturer making them at this point.

Ford Bronco Manual sway bar disconnect IMG_5875
Are these noisy when connected?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why not use rubber/urethane bushings for the links, then there is less worry about maintenance and clunking? A lot of my vehicles had rubber sway bar link bushings.

Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why not use rubber/urethane bushings for the links, then there is less worry about maintenance and clunking? A lot of my vehicles had rubber sway bar link bushings.
Iā€™ve wondered the same. The metal ones do like to start clunking. I want something like the Rock Krawler ones I had on my Wrangler

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, Porsche GT3RS, Honda CBR1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just installed these AC fab disconnecting links like two weeks ago and they are clunking quite a bit.. have not even been off-road and it's really not so nice.. lubing doesn't help because it's the lower link where the lynch pin is.. even with the rubber o ring.. still annoying and I personally don't recommend.

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just installed these AC fab disconnecting links like two weeks ago and they are clunking quite a bit.. have not even been off-road and it's really not so nice.. lubing doesn't help because it's the lower link where the lynch pin is.. even with the rubber o ring.. still annoying and I personally don't recommend.
@Hashlak thank you for the honest review.

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I tried the links and ended up ditching them for a RocJock. I am pleased with my RockJock; it works better than a disconnected sway-bar in my opinion.
Ok I get it. A soft sway bar (always connected) instead of a stiff sway bar (that you disconnect and reconnect).

Sponsored

One more upgrade

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe Mogush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tesla Plaid X 22 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok I get it. A soft sway bar (always connected) instead of a stiff sway bar (that you disconnect and reconnect).
Curry has some good YouTube videos explaining how it works. I love mine; I am waiting for them to release their rear RocJock. It has drastically improved my articulation.

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curry has some good YouTube videos explaining how it works. I love mine; I am waiting for them to release their rear RocJock. It has drastically improved my articulation.
Oh yes @One more upgrade Iā€™m sure it does exactly as you say it does.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I tried the links and ended up ditching them for a RocJock. I am pleased with my RockJock; it works better than a disconnected sway-bar in my opinion.
Iā€™m swaying in that direction too. Pun intended. The Boss Links look promising for half the cost. But, an upgrade is imminent. Oscar just sent me my 2nd replacement lower brackets. First pair was before they were welded. Second pair driver side weld snapped the other day on a pretty light trail in a rock garden (I didnā€™t have them disconnected).

Ford Bronco Manual sway bar disconnect IMG_5872

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Or just pull your swaybar off and be done with it! That is what I've done and it is not sway'ee at all to me. LOL. I pulled the swsybars of my Land Rover Discovery and that thing swayed a lot. The Bronco, still corners real good without.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Or just pull your swaybar off and be done with it! That is what I've done and it is not sway'ee at all to me. LOL. I pulled the swsybars of my Land Rover Discovery and that thing swayed a lot. The Bronco, still corners real good without.
Pulled mine off also. I can tell a difference but itā€™s not horrible. Tried that on the Gladiator and it was almost dangerous without it. Been running the Excursion without a front sway bar for a decade.
Sponsored