Sponsored

Frustration with Ford Compounded by Ford [allocation numbers are now confidential]

AKMark

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Asked my dealership about allocations and was told there is no such thing, they are making them based on part availability.

I see they have three 4 door Bronco's inbound, all soft top, 4 cyl models with 15K mark up. Don't know if this will affect my Feb 21 order or not. Looks like a crap shoot on when people are getting their Bronco built.
Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Asked my dealership about allocations and was told there is no such thing, they are making them based on part availability.
Even Levine has acknowledged that allocations are a thing. Your dealer is either lying or woefully ignorant.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Even Levine has acknowledged that allocations are a thing. Your dealer is either lying or woefully ignorant.
Or they ordered with fake names and used their allocation so they could add ADM. I understand Ford is supposed to audit this, but are they?

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A dealer that will remain nameless, just today announced their March allocations (pretty darn publicly on this site) so I'm not sure if you received misinformation or maybe I am just misunderstanding?
Misinformation!?!? On the internet! Whaaaaaaaaa! Tell me this isn't so. It's where I go to get all my news. Especially this news website called Facebook.

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I see they have three 4 door Bronco's inbound, all soft top, 4 cyl models with 15K mark up. Don't know if this will affect my Feb 21 order or not. Looks like a crap shoot on when people are getting their Bronco built.

Stealership = LIAR about 95% of the time.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™ll add these ingredients into the allocation/commodity soupā€¦ā€¦..

- 7/13/2020 (first 10 minute Reservation)
- #1 of 56 dealership allocations (nearly 400 total reservations)
- Went 11 months of 2021 w/o being scheduledā€¦.pushed to MY22
- Original order on 1/22/2021 and finally scheduled on 11/18/2021 (a week after requesting code 99ā€¦good one Ford)
- Build for 10 of the 11 months=2dr BL, 2.7L, Lux, Sas, etcā€¦.
- Build that was finally scheduled after MY22 Reorder on 18 Oct 21 =2dr WT, Lux, mod bumper, tow, etcā€¦

Summary=first 10 min timestamp, #1 dealership allocation, 2dr, Lux, 2.7, Sas, Tow, Mod Bumperā€¦..

So what was the hold up? Allocation? Constraints?

My personal opinion is that Ford had the parts, and my dealership had the allocations (7 builds scheduled and delivered behind me by July 21)ā€¦.but they didnā€™t want to use all of those constrained parts on 1 $56k Broncoā€¦.better to scatter those constrained parts amongst 4 $45k Broncosā€¦.thatā€™s the only thing that makes sense.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger - Please validate that allocation numbers are now confidential from FoMoCo with penalties for disclosure.

It's frustrating waiting on the new Bronco, but we had reservations in 2021 to wait in line.
MY22 saw the removal of the true reservation system in favor of allocations based mostly on dealer sales.

That was frustrating enough... now customers waiting at smaller dealerships are forced to wait longer to Ford's allocation-based decision.

To compound this frustration - as I learned today - FoMoCo has embargoed ALL allocation information from dealers to the customers. We can no longer estimate our wait times (sans commodity constraints) based on dealership allocations. The FoMoCo punishment for disclosure is LOSS OF ALL ALLOCATIONs for offending dealerships.

This is really frustrating to me having hand-tied dealerships from communication with customers. Good dealerships that have had good, open communication for the entire process are now suddenly just like all the crappy asshat dealers we hate dealing with. It's FoMoCo that's promoting BAD customer relationships and it's FoMoCo that's getting in the way this time.

I have a daily driver that's 250k+ miles and not much longer to go before needing replacement. I shopped and selected my replacement already. I was keeping a close eye on my reservation and dealer allocation to have a clear understanding of expectations. Now, I'm totally blind and have no idea what/when to expect anything.

As a stock holder in F, I'm dismayed at this decision to cut customers out of the loop on a reserved product with estimations and delivery potential. FoMoCo IS driving the dealership culture and IS responsible for how the customer is being treated. The "dealership is independent" argument from FoMoCo is losing validation based on corporate control of the message.
Sorry I've been MIA. I've been out sick and we've been busy. So I'm just now catching up. Our remaining allocation is on the lower end of our anticipated allocation. Idk how much of a difference our increased sales and ramp up of Bronco sport sales will make, but we'll continue to try.

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry I've been MIA. I've been out sick and we've been busy. So I'm just now catching up. Our remaining allocation is on the lower end of our anticipated allocation. Idk how much of a difference our increased sales and ramp up of Bronco sport sales will make, but we'll continue to try.
Starting to worry about the silence. Glad you are still kicking.
Thank you for sharing what you can.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Starting to worry about the silence. Glad you are still kicking.
Thank you for sharing what you can.
Yeah, I didn't get out of bed for a couple days. I'm feeling much better now. šŸ‘

We're not going anywhere.

Sponsored

CM53119

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Mustang GT Vert, '19 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s a lottery, not an allocation. Find a dealer thatā€™s customer base doesnā€™t buy Broncos and switch your order to that dealer.
im in a similar situation but to a point, we all knew what we were signing up for (kinda sorta?). This being said, my dealer has about 12 on order currently, and a few of those orders already delivered in 21. Hoping we see our two on order in 22. I am totally fine with waiting as needed, what gets me is the "maybe sometime in 22" i wish we could get an idea of where we were in line. such as there are "xxx" Broncos picked before your order. or something to give us a rough number. I will need to sell my F150 while the market is hot to make the money i need to get the max out of it, so im just curious if ill need to come up with a winter beater or having my mustang for summer will be enough to get me thru the hump till i get mine.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Alternatively, Ford could treat customers they way they used to. And your stock would be worth nothing.

Hmmmm, decisions, decisions.....

Allocation numbers should be kept behind closed doors. If Ranger5g, This very site, Mach-E and the Lightning forums are any indications of how American consumers act, the less Ford tells the customer, the better it is for the entire process.

Entitled Americans (that's all of us, minus our friends to the north with their free healthcare) are unable to handle any hiccups to their consumerism. A modicum of understanding for globally sourced mass manufacturing has proven to be something Americans refuse to understand (like geography!). The petty level of anger on here if somebody gets a Bronco before them outlines the attitude quite well.
Agreed with you until you got to the free health care comment. Donā€™t forget that free health care comes with plenty of stipulation, waits, and decisions on who gets it and when that are made by othersā€¦ā€¦.. not the patient. And as for poor attitudesā€¦ā€¦ thatā€™s the reason for forums a place where people with like minds and thoughts can commiserate. I donā€™t blame people or hold anything against them for venting frustration and a poorly set up and run system and itā€™s funny when someone pops on here to espouse such virtue on all us poor slobs who are obviously whiny and spoiledā€¦ā€¦.. and I fully understand supply chain logistics but most of what is happening here is good old fashioned incompetence on fords part and a serious lack of attention to detail.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Or they ordered with fake names and used their allocation so they could add ADM. I understand Ford is supposed to audit this, but are they?
No dealers are allocated stock orders but limited to what that stock can be. My dealer has 2 BB 2.3 autos on order but hasnā€™t received a ship date. The reason is because ford has parts to build those models. I know of a few people that were able to walk into a dealership late last year and order a model just like that and get it build and shipped.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No dealers are allocated stock orders but limited to what that stock can be. My dealer has 2 BB 2.3 autos on order but hasnā€™t received a ship date. The reason is because ford has parts to build those models. I know of a few people that were able to walk into a dealership late last year and order a model just like that and get it build and shipped.
Yeah I am one of those. I ordered a OBX with 2.3, soft with no constraints on 12/13 and have vin and build date of 2/14/22. Back to the above though I have heard of this shenanigans being played by dealers on other trims
Sponsored