SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Regular is over $6 where I live and there is still very much a high ADM on lot Broncos — I don’t think there’s going to be any demand effect here unless fuel shortages happen or prices absolutely skyrocket.
Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If an extra ~$500 a year in gas is going to bankrupt someone, they probably shouldn't be looking at a brand new $50,000 SUV anyways.
If your family drives 3 vehicles, then triple that amount. Plus EVERYTHING will cost more as fuel rises. If the only thing to consider was $500, then yes, I would agree.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$4.36 for 87 octane and $4.98 for diesel today. Last time I filled up the diesel probably 10 days ago it had just cracked $4. I’m an asset manager for a company and have a 100+ vehicle fleet, I’m strategizing about how to reduce company fuel usage as prices skyrocket.

I’m thinking we’ll see $6 for gas this summer, probably $7 at the marina. Maybe the boat market will take a dump and I’ll get that bigger boat I’ve been wanting.

Last edited:

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't care if prices go up another $0.50 a gallon. That's only $11 extra a tank. Only $11. If you can't afford that then maybe you shouldn't have spent $40k+ on a SUV. If people really cared then they need to make sacrifices in their life. Stop spending $7 for a coffee several times a week. Make your lunch or dinners instead of spending 4 times as much going out. Stop buying useless stuff. All that together makes the little bit extra at the pump seem like pennies.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't care if prices go up another $0.50 a gallon. That's only $11 extra a tank. Only $11. If you can't afford that then maybe you shouldn't have spent $40k+ on a SUV. If people really cared then they need to make sacrifices in their life. Stop spending $7 for a coffee several times a week. Make your lunch or dinners instead of spending 4 times as much going out. Stop buying useless stuff. All that together makes the little bit extra at the pump seem like pennies.
Where does coffee cost 7 dollars? Ouch!

Sponsored

LowerDixie77

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 2009 F150, 2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think OP has a valid question. Inflation is here and the price of fuel is only going to get worse. Depending on how much higher gasoline goes at some point you will weed out potential buyers. This will be especially true for those with multiple vehicles and families with more than a couple drivers. The buying power of the dollar will be stretched not only at the pump but for other goods and services as well. The die hard bronco fans and those who have placed reservations will likely not falter but those who are considering the purchase of a mediocre fuel mileage vehicle may hesitate. The laws of supply and demand will eventually kick in and things will level out. The good news is you might be able to negotiate a below MSRP price at the dealership for an in stock Bronco. The bad news is that Bronco will cost significantly more than it does now with inflation and the likelihood that wages don’t keep pace with said inflation. All that being said, I am relieved that I have my Bronco now. I don’t have to consider what will the world look like in 12 months. I’m married, for better or worse.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Fuel pricing and ADM (predictions?) 35170B43-EFF5-4BC7-846A-56040E980FAD
Ford Bronco Fuel pricing and ADM (predictions?) ED962B52-E16D-46A9-B7C0-31F96647B588

Saw this retail Bronco in Downers Grove,IL a few weeks ago. I’m thinking the reservation holder said no thank you to the ADM. i just saw it 3 weeks later in the showroom. Good luck everyone. I had a sales rep at this dealer tell me their order Me one at MSRP a month ago… I bet that was a lie. Shocked i tell you, shocked. ((Sarcasm))

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Far northwest suburbs of Chicago and the wholesale price jumps of gasoline in the last couple days has resulted in $4.39 Reg and $5.11 Premium at the pump this morning.

As people will knee jerk react to the prices with a rush to avoid less efficient vehicles, (they don't care if they will never recoup the cost of buying a different vehicle, because people are not always rational), added to the actual budgetary impact of the higher pricing including higher costs for everything else because of increased transportation costs. Will the demand lower for the fuel slurping Bronco and drop ADM, will the scarcity of vehicles in general keep the prices high, or will it get to where people just aren't buying new cars at all, thus lowering the demand everywhere?

At over $5 a gallon (all my vehicles are tuned for 91 Octane) I hit a mental barrier about pleasure driving and it would somewhat be on my mind while racking up the miles. It gives a slight pause in my thought process about a 17 MPG daily driver toy that the mere purchase price would likely cover all the repair and fuel costs of my existing vehicles for the rest of my life. It is not a financial barrier, but a psychological one. Not cancelling my order, and I fully expect to be ordering again for 2023 and maybe for 2024, so it is far off, however it takes some of the bloom off of the rose, so to speak, on the tiny, tiny amount of anticipation that Ford has not destroyed.

Other people maybe doing some reevaluation today, thoughts on what the Bronco market will do on pricing?
People who are buying a Bronco, because they for real have a use for the key functionalities, will probably still mostly buy. An economy car would likely not be a valid alternative, because it would not get them where they want to go off-road and in terms of utility usage.

On the other hand, people who are buying a Bronco more for the image to drive only on pavement (which arguably never made much sense anyway), can more easily switch to some more fuel efficient vehicle. Fact is either one will get them to the grocery store or whatever.

Sponsored

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Fuel pricing and ADM (predictions?) ED962B52-E16D-46A9-B7C0-31F96647B588

Saw this retail Bronco in Downers Grove,IL a few weeks ago. I’m thinking the reservation holder said no thank you to the ADM. i just saw it 3 weeks later in the showroom. Good luck everyone. I had a sales rep at this dealer tell me their order Me one at MSRP a month ago… I bet that was a lie. Shocked i tell you, shocked. ((Sarcasm))
Used to live around that area. Not surprising at all that Packey Webb is doing this. Figured most Chicagoland dealers were to be honest.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If an extra ~$500 a year in gas is going to bankrupt someone, they probably shouldn't be looking at a brand new $50,000 SUV anyways.
$500 a year 🤣

At 15k miles / 17 mpg, you’re looking at 880 gallons a year X $1? $2? $3? $4?…

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In ‘08 when gas hit $5 a gallon they said everyone was going to abandon pickups and large suvs yet they continue to be the auto industries bread and butter
And they did, then gas got stupid cheap, people have very short memories.
Sponsored