EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
well I was pretty specific in my reviews though, maybe you still missed my point about how the B&O is fine with top on. I actually have previously defended it to others. But you can hardly hear a thing with top "and doors" off, which it sounds like you haven't tried yet at speed. I don't expect audiophile quality music when driving with all the goodies off, but I atleast want to hear what song is playing.....
Didn't mean to start internet boxing match...I hope you enjoy whatever system you have! In the meantime I'm gonna kickback with my 4 Roses Small Batch and enjoy Willie singing Stardust on my 45 year old Sony turntable, but with a Kiseki Purple Heart cartridge on headphones.
Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't mean to start internet boxing match...I hope you enjoy whatever system you have! In the meantime I'm gonna kickback with my 4 Roses Small Batch and enjoy Willie singing Stardust on my 45 year old Sony turntable, but with a Kiseki Purple Heart cartridge on headphones.
That's cool. Yeah I think we both missed our true points. I had a bad day at work too so no offense taken.

In the end, I just want to enjoy my tunes with open air. I took the Bronco offroading about a month ago and left the doors and top off for 3 weeks afterwards. I am luckily that I have another car or two to drive when the weather is bad (along with a garage to keep it in). No I am not rich but I tend to keep cars till they fall apart versus trading them in. But... that means it was really dragging on me that each day I couldn't hear decent music. I would be fine if I only drove it like that every once in a while but doing it like that as "almost" a daily driver takes away from what could be a perfect experience.

I am very curious what the best "stock" system sounds like in a Jeep with top and doors off on the highway. Anyone know how it compares?

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you sure that this is better than the stock B&O speakers? I was assured by Bronco Nation that the B&O system was engineered for the best possible premium sound experience. 😂 😂 😂
That "interview" was a joke. The B&O system is better than the base audio (a low bar), but is much more costly to upgrade, other then swapping
4" speakers. The sub setup is atrocious: the rear trim panel rattles like hell and needs heavy sound deadening. Ford failed that part of the vehicle design.

Last edited:

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2021 Badlands lux… I just had the b&o removed at a local shop. They installed a jl audio fix it processor, 2 12 in subs pushed by a 3000 watt amp and another 800 watt amp going to tweets in the dash and new 4 in speakers in the pods. The 6.5 speakers in the kick panel were replaced with the speakers used on motorcycles, forget the name but the system screams! It’s got a very clean sound and the bass is incredible. Local Cincinnati shop did the install for a little over 3k. It sounds better than the 10k system I had on my boat.
Can you get more details on the subs, amps, and speakers? Also, would like to see pics of your box...

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have done my own audio upgrades for years. I would like to avoid going to to A2B processor, but it may be necessary for me to be happy with the system long term. It just seems silly to have to pay that much money to get a flat digital signal and maintain the factory chimes, etc. Also, Ford could have spent more effort on sound deadening in the sub area.

Sponsored

kvec

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX, '11 Cayenne Turbo, '03 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am very curious what the best "stock" system sounds like in a Jeep with top and doors off on the highway. Anyone know how it compares?
It's very good.

My dad has had two JLU Rubicons, both with the Alpine system. I've had 5 or 6 Jeeps before the '22 OBX arrived with the B&O. I've traditionally upgraded all the sound in the Wranglers because they've always been weak.

The latest JLUs with the Alpines don't make me even consider upgrading. It's actually pretty astounding how good it sounds for a stock system. It made it all the more painful to get in the Bronco and hear the pitiful B&O. At least Ford made it somewhat upgradeable.

The Bronco *can* rock. The Jeep *does* rock. The main pieces are warm, full, and thumping bass in the Jeep, along with balanced highs. The B&O's DSP so overweights midbass from the kick panels to create perceived bass that in order to get any sort of reasonable response curve, you have to turn the bass almost all the way down. The highs are nonexistent unless you use Surround mode (which makes no sense but seems to send a ton of highs to the C channel). You just don't get any of that in the Jeep.

The Jeep's hardtop does tend to boom the bass a little with everything closed, so I turn it down 2 notches and then turn it back up when I take off the top and windows.

It's actually worth giving one a test drive so you don't have to take my word for it. It's remarkable.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have to change anything in Forscan for the rear speakers?

OP
OP
Cold_steel

Cold_steel

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you have to change anything in Forscan for the rear speakers?
The entire amp was changed and zen interface installed to provide a flat signal - the forscan work is only needed if you are trying to retain the amp and don’t have an interface to get a clean signal

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife's Mach E has the B&O and it sounds amazing...never any cracking or anything...and we crank it pretty darn high. I haven't heard the Bronco's yet, but I'd be surprised if there was a lot of issues....if so, drop in some dynamat. B&O is high end and there shouldn't be a need to replace an entire system. It was developed by sound engineers for the vehicle...I tend to think that upgraded stereo units OEM are pretty good in modern vehicles.

If I'm dropping several thousand on the Bronco, it's going to go for ride parts. Don't get me wrong, I love good audio...however, I'm thinking (no offense intended) this is a solution for a problem that does not exist for most...
We did finally get our Mach E so we have a lot in common (I replied to your same comment last year)! I agree, the audio in the MME is as good as my premium BMW M4's system. But the B&O in the Bronco is not in the same league. Honestly, the B&O is "okay" with normal driving. By normal I mean top and doors on. Probably good enough to where I would only replace the factory speakers (which I already have). However, if you plan to drive your Bronco with top down, let alone doors off, then you will immediately see what I mean. They system is barely audible at highway speeds... You really need to amplify that sound to get over road/wind noise and sadly Ford must have designed it with top on only....
Sponsored