Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've had XPel Ultimate applied to the front clip of the wife's Mustang, the front clip, rocker panel, and rear quarters of my GM plastic car, and the grill and front fenders of my Jeep JL. It has already saved the bumper of the wife's Mustang, and after a cross country trip in the Jeep there were no nicks, or chips on the Jeep. The front of the plastic car, that from experience are rock magnets, is still like new. So, I already have plans to have it applied to the front clip of my Bronco. I was one of those that thought it wasn't worth the prices, but I have been saved......:)

Is you decide to use a protective film on yours remember, the experience of the installer is very important. The stuff ain't cheap, so choose your installer wisely. You certainly want it applied properly, and you want an installer that will stand behind his/her work.

One other thing, I had it applied to the headlight covers also.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You can't remove the rear tint as it is a dye used when creating the glass. I guess you could remove all the glass panels and put in clear ones.

Any idea if it’s normal to remove the factory tint on the back and just do it all uniform? That’s what I want to do but not sure if that’s common or even possible. Thanks.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you have to notify your insurance company to see if they will cover it or consider it a mod or something?

I hear some states require DMV notice for color wraps but since this is just clear I doubt it

Last edited:

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
xpel is clear so no and no way in hell if the insurance company is paying for it.

Did you have to notify your insurance company to see if they will cover it or consider it a mod or something?

I hears some states require DMV notice for color wraps but since this is just clear I doubt it

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What's the lifespan of that stuff? Most look like 5 years. $4k seems like a lot for only a few years of protection.
XPel Ultimate has a 10 year warranty.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know nothing about PPF or wraps......at some point....do you remove it (and replace it?)......how does it affect things like washing and waxing? I added the factory PPF but I'm thinking of removing it.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
xpel is clear so no and no way in hell if the insurance company is paying for it.
I meant more in the context of will they cover it if you're in a collision afterwards, but may still the same answer

OP
OP
Middleton Motorsports

Middleton Motorsports

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
MM Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.middletonmotorsports.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm a shadow black build and want a matte wrap.

I wasn't sure how much it would hold up though.
My brother is getting his wrapped in the next few weeks. His is shadow black as
What's the lifespan of that stuff? Most look like 5 years. $4k seems like a lot for only a few years of protection.
10 year warranty

Sponsored

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you don't mind me asking why didn't you go with the OEM protective film ford offered?
Not available with Sasquatch, I believe.

RockSkipper

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Had a friend who put an invisible bra on the front of his car (FL luv bugs...if you know, you know) and it was a nightmare to get off once it served its tour of duty. 2 weeks of 3 hrs after work, 2 heat guns, a 3M eraser wheel and a jug of paint thinner later...

Hoping newer wraps aren't as much effort... I like the idea if they are somewhat durable/scratch resistant...
Sponsored