cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't stand the stock gouge cluster as I know many others can't as well. I'd love to try to swap in a Raptor gauge cluster, but not really sure I want to shell out $1,000 for something that might not work. So I looked into a few cheaper options to see what might work. Looking at pictures from ebay of the of the connectors on the rear of these clusters, I have ruled out Ranger and Bronco Sport Clusters. However, the F150 Raptor cluster might possibly work assuming that if the connector fits, it is compatible. I know that isn't always the case, but if the connector doesn't fit then it certainly won't work without at least fabbing an adapter. Here are the pics:

Bronco:
Ford Bronco Gauge Cluster Swap - Ruled Out a Few Options :( BroncoClusterPlug.PNG

Ranger:
Ford Bronco Gauge Cluster Swap - Ruled Out a Few Options :( RangerClusterPlug.PNG

Bronco Sport:
Ford Bronco Gauge Cluster Swap - Ruled Out a Few Options :( BroncoSportClusterPlug.PNG

F150 Raptor:
Ford Bronco Gauge Cluster Swap - Ruled Out a Few Options :( F150RaptorGuagePlug.PNG

I would assume the Bronco Raptor would use the exact same plug, but I can't find any pics of the rear of the cluster.
Sponsored

OP
OP

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually, looking at the pics again it looks like a Bronco Sport's gauges might use the same connector. The interior outline of the receiving plug looks the same as the Bronco, if that makes sense.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ooh this could be interesting. I have a question. Why not find a place that has free returns get Raptor cluster and if it doesn't work return it.

OP
OP

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ooh this could be interesting. I have a question. Why not find a place that has free returns get Raptor cluster and if it doesn't work return it.
Quite honestly, I'm not in a position at the moment to shell out $1,000 for a dash swap even if it does work ;) I have a few things on the list first like side steps. Once I am ready, the first thing I will do is ask my dealer if they will let me return the Raptor cluster if it doesn't work. I'd even be good with a 10-15% re-stock fee.

Also, I'm not positive I would choose the Raptor gauges over the Bronco Sport. Having true needles might be nice. And I thought I would post these pics for anyone else thinking about a swap but not wanting to spend $1K. You can get nice used Bronco sport gauges for less than $200 ;)

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Subbed, definitely interested

Sponsored

smonroe11

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip Do you have any recommendations?
Not really. I don't think it can be returned due to mileage programming. I'd have to do more digging but this has come up several times in the past and the thinking was it was not going to be doable due to all of the other programming unknowns.

OP
OP

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This means we have to order by VIN from our radio suppler. In our case it's United Radio and it would come programmed with current vehicle mileage.

Ford Bronco Gauge Cluster Swap - Ruled Out a Few Options :( 1679589362845
That's really interesting, my '99 Sebring stored the mileage in the ECU and the cluster simply displayed it. Source: in 2001 I bought a cluster off ebay, it had more miles but I wanted to install indiglo overlays (remember those ;) ) and I didn't want to crack into my stock cluster. When I plugged in the new cluster, it displayed the mileage of the car not the mileage of the cluster.

I wonder if there are any issues with mileage in this sense. So maybe it stores mileage in both the ECM and the dash for the Bronco, and if you start it up with a discrepancy it alerts Ford and you now have unverified mileage? Just thinking this through as I don't want to kill the value of my brand new $60K vehicle.

Sponsored
OP
OP

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is a good thread I might come back and read when I have time:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ter-from-ford-escape-swap-into-maverick.9506/

And here is another thread that I think is going to kill the swap possibility :(. In this thread, you can see from the before and after that the mileage has changed. I'm not going to mess around with that, so I think I'm done until someone comes up with a solution:

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21708

EDIT: Read through the forscan forum thread some more, and it looks like once the OP stopped loading the old profile and went to new vehicle, it corrected the odometer. So this might be back on. But I think I'm going to take a break as my head is spinning going through all this ;)

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's really interesting, my '99 Sebring stored the mileage in the ECU and the cluster simply displayed it. Source: in 2001 I bought a cluster off ebay, it had more miles but I wanted to install indiglo overlays (remember those ;) ) and I didn't want to crack into my stock cluster. When I plugged in the new cluster, it displayed the mileage of the car not the mileage of the cluster.

I wonder if there are any issues with mileage in this sense. So maybe it stores mileage in both the ECM and the dash for the Bronco, and if you start it up with a discrepancy it alerts Ford and you now have unverified mileage? Just thinking this through as I don't want to kill the value of my brand new $60K vehicle.
I don't know about other makes but we've had to do it this way for as long as I've been here. All of the modules have to be VIN synced so it's a high probability the PCM does have a mileage logger built in. The TCU transmits mileage to Ford/VHR so it would be interesting to know if by swapping the cluster it changes that info or if it's calculated and stored in different locations.

dhendriksen

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands - Loaded 2.7 with SAS and LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would love a different instrument cluster. The analog speed gauge now is stupid with the digital one right next to it.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

aftermarket - please figure this out! I love the bronco but if I could change the gauge cluster I would in a heartbeat

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can't stand the stock gouge cluster as I know many others can't as well. I'd love to try to swap in a Raptor gauge cluster, but not really sure I want to shell out $1,000 for something that might not work. So I looked into a few cheaper options to see what might work. Looking at pictures from ebay of the of the connectors on the rear of these clusters, I have ruled out Ranger and Bronco Sport Clusters. However, the F150 Raptor cluster might possibly work assuming that if the connector fits, it is compatible. I know that isn't always the case, but if the connector doesn't fit then it certainly won't work without at least fabbing an adapter. Here are the pics:

Bronco:
BroncoClusterPlug.PNG

Ranger:
RangerClusterPlug.PNG

Bronco Sport:
BroncoSportClusterPlug.PNG

F150 Raptor:
F150RaptorGuagePlug.PNG

I would assume the Bronco Raptor would use the exact same plug, but I can't find any pics of the rear of the cluster.
It really makes no difference if the connector is the same or not.
You can get whatever pigtail you need to make it work. You would have to do some wiring anyway to swap any cluster except the Bronco Raptor cluster over because all the other options you listed won't have the correct circuits in the correct connector pins. Every vehicle is different.

I can confirm the Bronco Raptor has the exact same connector and all the circuits are in the exact same spots also compared to a regular Bronco cluster. Swapping the Bronco Raptor cluster would be the easiest option as far as plug and play goes.
Programming would be the only challenge I think.
Sponsored