Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Using the upfitter switch is satisfying. Also, having the radio wired up to a switch will prevent any parasitic power draw when the radio is off (if any).

Here is my setup right now. I may relocate the main box to somewhere more hidden. I saw someone put it behind the panel under the steering wheel which I really like. There is no free space behind the glove box.

Sponsored

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Using the upfitter switch is satisfying. Also, having the radio wired up to a switch will prevent any parasitic power draw when the radio is off (if any).

Here is my setup right now. I may relocate the main box to somewhere more hidden. I saw someone put it behind the panel under the steering wheel which I really like. There is no free space behind the glove box.

NICE
I would love to see a write up on install and mounting I plan to mount on picatinny rail where grab handle is but I like how you got it tucked under there out of the way of passenger

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
NICE
I would love to see a write up on install and mounting I plan to mount on picatinny rail where grab handle is but I like how you got it tucked under there out of the way of passenger
I pretty much followed TrailRecon's video except for the variances which you see in my video.

I'll need to drill a hole and screw that metal plate onto the back of the handset, the double sided tape fell off lol.

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I pretty much followed TrailRecon's video except for the variances which you see in my video.

I'll need to drill a hole and screw that metal plate onto the back of the handset, the double sided tape fell off lol.
ok thanks i will check it out

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

More details on your mic-mount, please. You believe you will need to screw it into the dash?

Sponsored

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, having the radio wired up to a switch will prevent any parasitic power draw when the radio is off (if any).
Just as a logistical data point for anyone looking into it, Midland support told me that the MXT275 has a parasitic draw of 6 mA max due to the USB plug. Searching Google, that appears to be next to nothing - Optima states that 85 mA is common in newer vehicles.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More details on your mic-mount, please. You believe you will need to screw it into the dash?
No the dash mount is fine, its the metal disc that you normally stick on the back of your phone that is falling off the handset easily. I should be able to just use the original screw from the stock handset mount to hold that on.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there any install videos of the midland 275 with it being installed in the glove box I’m looking for the easiest install possible not looking to hardwire it did not see any on you tube was hoping someone had a step bye step for easy antenna install of the 3db antenna and were to run the wire and get it inside the center storage box with the power outlet in it
Sponsored