Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dumb question alert: how do I hardwire the midland 275? The manual recommends the fuse box. I’ve never done this before. Is there a fuse number you would recommend I use? Also can someone link a fuse tap I should buy or anything else I need. Thanks I’m advance.
Sponsored

Raptor18

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-250 Tremor, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Dumb question alert: how do I hardwire the midland 275? The manual recommends the fuse box. I’ve never done this before. Is there a fuse number you would recommend I use? Also can someone link a fuse tap I should buy or anything else I need. Thanks I’m advance.
I wired to an upfitter switch, aux2 for the power wire then grounded.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I am going to mount mine on the drivers side on the accessory spot next to ditch light

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did mine to switch 5, since the Midlands website says it only uses 3.5A at high power transmit and the lowest switch is 10A. Make sure you keep the in-wire fuse.

I mounted mine near the glove box so I connected power to the brown/white wire in the glove box, and then in the engine bay connected the brown/white to the blue/orange wire

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's two unused accessory bolts on the battery you can use. I wired mine directly to the smaller of the two.

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's two unused accessory bolts on the battery you can use. I wired mine directly to the smaller of the two.
Thanks. This direct fuse wiring gets me nervous. I'll just go to the battery like I'm use to.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a reason your not wiring it to one of the pre wired aux switches?
Huge waste of an AUX switch in my eyes. There is no reason I would want a switch to turn it on or off. I'm using 2 AUX switches now for my podlight main beam and pod light backlight. I'm going to use another AUX for a second set of amber pod lights. That leaves me 3 left. I may be doing a light bar and/or fog lights. I'd probably have enough AUX switches for anything I want to do plus the GMRS but it still seems like a waste

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Huge waste of an AUX switch in my eyes. There is no reason I would want a switch to turn it on or off. I'm using 2 AUX switches now for my podlight main beam and pod light backlight. I'm going to use another AUX for a second set of amber pod lights. That leaves me 3 left. I may be doing a light bar and/or fog lights. I'd probably have enough AUX switches for anything I want to do plus the GMRS but it still seems like a waste
ok

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll ask you the reverse. Why would you wire it to an AUX switch? If you're working in the engine compartment anyway, ease of install isn't a factor

Sponsored

JKBL4

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FYI I did the spacer install today. I went with 1” and I bet I could get away with .75” as shown from the pics. I’m planning on installing the JCR tailgate table so I didn’t run the antenna from cargo to mount yet but it’s run to the steering column ready to go. I’m going to extend my bump stops 1” but I don’t see how that adds any type of protection from the additional torque the spacer creates. I just talked to a guy who has been running a 37” tire with about 35# of additional gear on a non reinforced hinge and wheeling pretty hard. He has a height relocation bracket but nothing else yet and says he’s had no issue with the added weight. I guess I’ll just cross my fingers lol. The setup looks awesome

01FB1538-3A0B-4DE9-B094-4D54C6F89139.jpeg

8A490BA5-AAA8-49D6-B4C8-01A1E3ABCD22.jpeg

3E8F1E9A-2CAB-4655-9C56-44A5BDA1A25D.jpeg

8D26BA33-84E5-4B3D-AA2E-DE98B78EBAB7.jpeg
Thanks for the post! what antenna is that?

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll ask you the reverse. Why would you wire it to an AUX switch? If you're working in the engine compartment anyway, ease of install isn't a factor
The wiring is already ran to the rear of the truck, connect that and the wires in fuse box done. That's why I got it with Aux switches, besides I will never use 6 Aux switches ever so why not that's what they are for

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wiring is already ran to the rear of the truck, connect that and the wires in fuse box done. That's why I got it with Aux switches, besides I will never use 6 Aux switches ever so why not that's what they are for
Your radio is connected in your cargo area? I'm putting mine under the dash. The gromet is right there, so I need 2 feet maybe 3 feet of wire. I have to go through the firewall gromet anyway to run the antenna so it's not really any additional work.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your radio is connected in your cargo area? I'm putting mine under the dash. The gromet is right there, so I need 2 feet maybe 3 feet of wire. I have to go through the firewall gromet anyway to run the antenna so it's not really any additional work.
My bad I was just looking at fridge stuff. I will be mounting mine where the passenger grab handle is and wire thru glove box.
Each to their own dude or dudet Enjoy your bronco
Sponsored