First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just a quick in process update on the 3/16 thick X-Brace for the rear roll bar before bending and it hits the press for dimple die. We are also thinking about offering this with a magnetic cargo light. I think it would be helpful not just for the cargo are but as a convenient flash light when needed. Thoughts?

We will do some testing on effects on reducing vibration/rattle..etc and update soon.

We appreciate the feedback as this is what make good products, better.

Adam

Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) IMG_20231031_122615

Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) IMG_20231031_122644
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just a quick in process update on the 3/16 thick X-Brace for the rear roll bar before bending and it hits the press for dimple die. We are also thinking about offering this with a magnetic cargo light. I think it would be helpful not just for the cargo are but as a convenient flash light when needed. Thoughts?

We will do some testing on effects on reducing vibration/rattle..etc and update soon.

We appreciate the feedback as this is what make good products, better.

Adam

Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) IMG_20231031_122644

A lot of us have upgraded to 6.5 pods in the rear. Please make it fit so 6.5 rear speaker pods can still work. Thank you!

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven’t yet upgraded to the larger speaker pods but they’re on my list. I would definitely like to see the brace be compatible with them.

Also one concern I had of your other picture of it mounted in the Bronco was the visibility. Put on the hard top and provide a video looking through the rear view and over your shoulders for lane changes. It looked like it could be creating large blind spots. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Maybe the holes you punched provide some additional line sight along with making it a little lighter?

Is the Raptor brace made from flat steel? Or from rectangular tubing? Which is stronger and more rigid?

Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) IMG_5440
Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) IMG_5441

JR23

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Received and installed the new brace today. Packaged well which is good because UPS beat up the outer straps and box and the thing is heavy.

I did not attempt the light wiring and hopefully someone here that’s good with ad hoc wiring will post a walk through as there are no instructions.

I run a soft top with hard too prep kit and a RC sunshade. I opted to install over the hardtop plates and under the sunshade so the brace (which looks great) is visible from inside.

Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) IMG_0554
Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) IMG_0557

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That came out very nice. I have ordered Armadillos Hardtop, so I am waiting to see if and how this would fit.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That came out very nice. I have ordered Armadillos Hardtop, so I am waiting to see if and how this would fit.
Mine delivered last night but I haven’t had a chance to get mine installed yet. Plan on doing it this weekend!

I have the factory hardtop but is there certain info, dimensions or photos you need to help confirm fitment? Plan on trying to snap phots and maybe some videos during install.

I’m not an electrician either but going to try to figure it out as I’d like an overhead light when I open the doors.

Ingridthehorrible

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy 2500HD, 2008 Buell 1125R, 98 Buell S1W
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Received mine this afternoon, first the good, was extremely well package and the workmanship goods very good.

Have other projects to finish first so it might be a couple of weeks out before installing, plus need to find a solution for the light as mentioned below.

Two system dome light, white led and RED for night wheeling and reduce the effects of white light at night.
This can tie into your open door system and/or upfitter switches for on demand lighting.
Now for the bad, the light is nice unit. I decided to test the light function so I could decide on how to wire it. It only has two wires, a positive (red) and a negative (black). I connected the light to 12V power supply in order to test its operational modes. Once power is connected you press the power switch once and the white light comes on, press it a second time the white light goes off and the red light comes on, press the power button a third time the red light goes off. For those of us planning to use this a old fashion dome light that comes on when the door in open, it's not going to work unless you first open the door and then reach up and press the power button on the light. Once power is removed from the light and power is reapplied you always have to press the power button to turn the light back on.

For those interested I checked the current draw of the light, it draws approx .15 amps in the white mode and approx .1 amps in the red mode.

Guess I'll look for a different light to mount before installing. I might open the light fixture and see if it's possible to bypass the power switch logic.

Goat Fab should have been a little more forthcoming about the way the light actually operated. One shouldn't have to climb into the vehicle to turn on a dome light. Feel they left out a lot of details on the light.

Most likely I'm just going to find a different light and move on.

Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) 1699071331626

Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) 1699071368259
Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) 1699071430934

Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) 1699071471210

Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) 1699071528850

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @Ingridthehorrible thanks for sharing your findings. There weren’t many details provided about the light so I didn’t form any real expectations other than the light was a bonus and I’d probably have to fiddle with it to get how I desired (on/off with doors in white mode and click to red on demand).

I haven’t opened my package yet but was hopeful there would be at least some instructions from @GoatFab detailing how to run wires to power sources for a stealth install.

A quick search yielded this thread where a different member installed LED light strips. Not a direct transfer of data but this first part about AUX switches and additional non-powered circuits may be useful so I am sharing here. Fair warning, there may be other/better lighting install guides to reference. Hope it gets us started in the right direction.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...bient-lighting-now-with-working-photos.27515/

Much of the quote below has been cropped for brevity. Reference the link above for FULL details. For instance, wiring AUX 6 to the brown/white passenger compartment is better explained. It’s just a method of getting power where you want/need it.

This install uses upfitter switch 6 (Yellow/Orange) as a manual bypass but lights will turn on and off with the vehicle if left in the on position. I did this because there are times when I don't want a lot of interior light - doors off, for example. If you don't need the bypass, your install will vary slightly. You'll need to tie into a 12v power that turns off with the vehicle. Center console is an 'always on' power source, so not ideal.

The install vehicle is a Badlands with wash out interior. This matters more than you would think - how you attach the LED lighting is going to vary based on your vehicle interior. Leather interior with carpet will likely need different LED placement below the seats. I would likely use the same method but attach to the bottom of the seat instead of the floor. No chance of getting anything sticky to stick to the vinyl, so bottom of the seat is out.

Tools and Materials Needed:
ToolsNeeded (2).jpg
  • 10 feet of stranded 16 gauge wire. Trailer wire would work fine. I used blue for lighting.
  • 1ft stranded 16 gauge wire for ground.
  • 3M EXTREME install double sided tape
  • Crimp Solder connectors for 12-16 gauge wire & heat source to heat shrink wrap.
  • 1 Ring style connector for Ground lug
  • T15 bit & Screwdriver (not pictured)
  • Shrink Wrapping is optional and would only be needed if soldering wires instead of using connectors
  • Sharp knife or scissors

First, some reference material.

1636030295892-png.png

Last edited:

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couldn't help myself Adam, I just ordered, wife is kicking me out for sure. If for no other reason I had to order because I love the quality, look and functionality of the Goat tray I have not to mention Adam's attention to detail and his customer service. Thanks @GoatFab

Sponsored

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak, 2020 G Wagon, 2018 Audi R8 Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Installed mine today as I was swapping from the soft top to the hardtop for the winter. Found the same thing out about the center light... it can't turn on automatically by giving it 12v...so I took it off and added a couple interior led lights so that it would match the IAG set that I installed awhile back - used the existing hole to mount and send wire up to the inside of the bar...just wired them into those and called it a day as the plug in point is right along the plastic trim above the rear window.... no wires showing and it works with the other interior lights now! Bar itself fits perfectly!!

Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) IMG_0773

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Installed mine today as I was swapping from the soft top to the hardtop for the winter. Found the same thing out about the center light... it can't turn on automatically by giving it 12v...so I took it off and added a couple interior led lights so that it would match the IAG set that I installed awhile back - used the existing hole to mount and send wire up to the inside of the bar...just wired them into those and called it a day as the plug in point is right along the plastic trim above the rear window.... no wires showing and it works with the other interior lights now! Bar itself fits perfectly!!

Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) IMG_0773
Did you install on top or underneath the hardtop brackets?

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak, 2020 G Wagon, 2018 Audi R8 Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yup on top, so the hardtop bracket stays at the same height and placement…

WildtrakBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Received mine this afternoon, first the good, was extremely well package and the workmanship goods very good.

Have other projects to finish first so it might be a couple of weeks out before installing, plus need to find a solution for the light as mentioned below.

Now for the bad, the light is nice unit. I decided to test the light function so I could decide on how to wire it. It only has two wires, a positive (red) and a negative (black). I connected the light to 12V power supply in order to test its operational modes. Once power is connected you press the power switch once and the white light comes on, press it a second time the white light goes off and the red light comes on, press the power button a third time the red light goes off. For those of us planning to use this a old fashion dome light that comes on when the door in open, it's not going to work unless you first open the door and then reach up and press the power button on the light. Once power is removed from the light and power is reapplied you always have to press the power button to turn the light back on.

For those interested I checked the current draw of the light, it draws approx .15 amps in the white mode and approx .1 amps in the red mode.

Guess I'll look for a different light to mount before installing. I might open the light fixture and see if it's possible to bypass the power switch logic.

Goat Fab should have been a little more forthcoming about the way the light actually operated. One shouldn't have to climb into the vehicle to turn on a dome light. Feel they left out a lot of details on the light.

Most likely I'm just going to find a different light and move on.

Hey @Ingridthehorrible thanks for sharing your findings. There weren’t many details provided about the light so I didn’t form any real expectations other than the light was a bonus and I’d probably have to fiddle with it to get how I desired (on/off with doors in white mode and click to red on demand).

I haven’t opened my package yet but was hopeful there would be at least some instructions from @GoatFab detailing how to run wires to power sources for a stealth install.

A quick search yielded this thread where a different member installed LED light strips. Not a direct transfer of data but this first part about AUX switches and additional non-powered circuits may be useful so I am sharing here. Fair warning, there may be other/better lighting install guides to reference. Hope it gets us started in the right direction.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...bient-lighting-now-with-working-photos.27515/

Much of the quote below has been cropped for brevity. Reference the link above for FULL details. For instance, wiring AUX 6 to the brown/white passenger compartment is better explained. It’s just a method of getting power where you want/need it.

I am not versed on the electronics of the Bronco, but when I read the description on their website, to me this is indicative of being able to tie into the circuit so that when your door opens or you unlock the Bronco, this light is activated like the existing ones. @GoatFab any chance you can shed additional clarification as to if that is possible?

Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 10.31.15 AM.png
Sponsored