First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does someone have the forscan code to add tow/haul to your goat mode?
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No info on Forscan, but, Sport Mode kinda does a similar thing. Increases RPM for shift points and causes more aggressive downshifting on deceleration. Might also alter throttle response and (potentially negative) steering response.

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
One less thing us manual owners don't have to worry about. Towing with the auto I would just put in manual mode when you need extra power or for engine braking.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does someone have the forscan code to add tow/haul to your goat mode?
I was just coming to ask if anyone else knew anything about that. Saw it in Forscan yesterday when I added RockCrawl and a Subwoofer to my Wildtrak

I didnā€™t activate it solely cause Iā€™d never heard a thing about it.

@RagnarKon you seem to be the resident Forscan guru (at least in my mind) any idea about it??

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive towed my offroad camper close to 10k miles with the bronco (2.7, auto) and every trip involves driving high elevation, steep inclines & declines through the rockies and I just put it in manual mode when on a steep descent. Which is the same thing that I do in my f150 (even woth the tow/haul mode on) when driving the same roads & towing the camper. No complaints about the Broncoā€™s towing capability.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just coming to ask if anyone else knew anything about that. Saw it in Forscan yesterday when I added RockCrawl and a Subwoofer to my Wildtrak

I didnā€™t activate it solely cause Iā€™d never heard a thing about it.

@RagnarKon you seem to be the resident Forscan guru (at least in my mind) any idea about it??
Admittedly I haven't tried for 2023MY Broncos, but for 2021/2022 it was not possible. The ABS module just starts spewing out all kinds of errors, which suggest the programming necessarily for Tow mode isn't part of the firmware.

When we "program" something into Forscan we're not actually programming anything. We're just flipping switches to turn on/off features already built into that module's firmware. So if Ford didn't include the necessary code to support tow mode from the factory (which is seems they haven't), we won't be able to turn it on.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Admittedly I haven't tried for 2023MY Broncos, but for 2021/2022 it was not possible. The ABS module just starts spewing out all kinds of errors, which suggest the programming necessarily for Tow mode isn't part of the firmware.

When we "program" something into Forscan we're not actually programming anything. We're just flipping switches to turn on/off features already built into that module's firmware. So if Ford didn't include the necessary code to support tow mode from the factory (which is seems they haven't), we won't be able to turn it on.
Good thing I didn't flip the switch then. I did the ABS module in "written" format and saw the Tow/Haul. I'm not gonna be the guinea pig for it on a 2023 so I'll just leave it alone.

Brettlil17

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good thing I didn't flip the switch then. I did the ABS module in "written" format and saw the Tow/Haul. I'm not gonna be the guinea pig for it on a 2023 so I'll just leave it alone.
I did try it on my 2023. It doesn't work. It just throws errors. Doesn't show up on the goat mode selection. Once you rotate the selector past two or three modes its closes down the goat mode selection screen.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did try it on my 2023. It doesn't work. It just throws errors. Doesn't show up on the goat mode selection. Once you rotate the selector past two or three modes its closes down the goat mode selection screen.
Must only work for the 3.0 in the Raptor. I'm guessing that is why it's in the programing.
Sponsored