Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you actually plan to use them for their intended purpose, sliders are something not to cheap out on, IMO. I've seen cheap sliders on other vehicles bend and cave in because they were made with thin-walled tube and weren't designed to take a real hit or support the weight of the vehicle. Heck, in the comments of the ones you posted someone mentioned he bent it back in shape with a jack. 😬

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Neither are frame mounted sliders.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The cheap ones are for looks and not real use. Just depends on your needs as the whether they are worth it. For many it's all they need.

I have the Goat Fab sliders and am not completely sold on them, but have used them a bit with no problems. There were the first real sliders for 2 doors, but there are some frame mounted options now if you are really going to use them.

OP
OP
Grandpa

Grandpa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Manual Sasq.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep, makes sense! Thanks all!

Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, not a lot of details on that cheap set. I would not even entertain those cheaper ones.
I'm more than happy with my GOAT Fab.

thebeav

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just pulled the trigger on the Goat Fab Sliders with top for my 4 door. Hoping for a quick delivery since some people said they've had problems with delays.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just pulled the trigger on the Goat Fab Sliders with top for my 4 door. Hoping for a quick delivery since some people said they've had problems with delays.
When I ordered mine last month I got them in a little over a week.

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2D SAS, '18 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How hard are these to install as a one-person job?

Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How hard are these to install as a one-person job?
Not hard, and depending on the tools at hand, it can just take a bit of time. They’re 130 lbs total of slider, so not easy to maneuver laying on your back. I didn’t use my impact wrench/driver so I could take a little more care with the sub-body mounts. Some you can only reach with a socket wrench too. The new bolts are longer, applied some thread locker, and I torqued to 45 ft lbs per another install post on here.

I did it by myself with the use of a jackstand and/or floor jack to hold the other end while I got one in threaded. You could probably do them in 45 min to 1 hr, depending on tools, if you’re not OCD and don’t run into any hiccups. My passenger side pinch welds weren’t perfectly aligned, so it took a bit of work to adjust so they weren’t making contact And were level. Drivers side I got done in ~20 min, but I spent probably 1.5 hrs on my passenger side.

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not hard, and depending on the tools at hand, it can just take a bit of time. They’re 130 lbs total of slider, so not easy to maneuver laying on your back. I didn’t use my impact wrench/driver so I could take a little more care with the sub-body mounts. Some you can only reach with a socket wrench too. The new bolts are longer, applied some thread locker, and I torqued to 45 ft lbs per another install post on here.

I did it by myself with the use of a jackstand and/or floor jack to hold the other end while I got one in threaded. You could probably do them in 45 min to 1 hr, depending on tools, if you’re not OCD and don’t run into any hiccups. My passenger side pinch welds weren’t perfectly aligned, so it took a bit of work to adjust so they weren’t making contact And were level. Drivers side I got done in ~20 min, but I spent probably 1.5 hrs on my passenger side.
Thanks man. I'm 10 days into recovery from hernia surgery so I'm trying to figure out if I want to order now or wait for a few more weeks when I'm allowed to move that weight around.

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And a big thanks to @Chritaka and @Grandpa for this thread and the help in it. I was looking at some other sliders but I appreciated the content of this thread and I really like the quick response I got from the vendor over the weekend on a question I had. Ordered!
Sponsored