First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WIldtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Searched the thread and could not find answer...sorry if it was covered and I missed it.

Question: Do these racks scratch the paint?

Looks to me like there are metal plates sitting right against painted sections of the vehicle...I don't have any experience with the racks so guessing I'm missing how it doesnt scratch up the paint where it mounts. Very interested in the rack but not interested in beating up the paint to have the rack.

Thx!

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Searched the thread and could not find answer...sorry if it was covered and I missed it.

Looks to me like there are metal plates sitting right against painted sections of the vehicle...I don't have any experience with the racks so guessing I'm missing how it doesnt scratch up the paint where it mounts. Very interested in the rack but not interested in beating up the paint to have the rack.

Thx!
I believe there are rubber pads between mounting plate and Bronco ( @GOBI Racks )

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this rack on my Bronco and it looks great and works great.
But, I took my first long trip with it and it is loud, really loud. I’ve noticed the noise since it was installed and it sounds like wind. It starts at about 40mph and just gets louder as the speed increases. We had a cross wind and the noise was uncomfortable.
Has anyone had any success in finding ways to tame the noise? I’ll be heading back home soon and I’m not looking forward to it.
Hey there! We do not currently make a wind deflector for this rack as it would interfere with the top mounting points. If you have the sunroof inserts in without cargo, we recommend removing them while driving as it significantly decreases the cross direction of the wind!

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thx!
Hey there! They do not scratch the paint, we do have protective foam and tapes that come on the pieces and in your package when you receive your rack!

Sponsored

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To ALL my GOBI friends,

I was one of the first orders and got my Stealth rack for MIC 4dr in my garage, but in recent news it seems MY23 builds with MIC are potential delayed another year. My question for you all is “will my stealth rack work on a soft top or is the GOBI soft top stealth different for soft tops?”

@GOBI Racks

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F150, 2012 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To ALL my GOBI friends,

I was one of the first orders and got my Stealth rack for MIC 4dr in my garage, but in recent news it seems MY23 builds with MIC are potential delayed another year. My question for you all is “will my stealth rack work on a soft top or is the GOBI soft top stealth different for soft tops?”

@GOBI Racks
It will work for a softtop. The difference is the ladder. Softtop ladder is on the side. Hardtop ladder is in the rear.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will work for a softtop. The difference is the ladder. Softtop ladder is on the side. Hardtop ladder is in the rear.
And I have 2 rear ladders :(

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F150, 2012 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can either order new ladders from Gobi and see about returning your Hardtop ladders or just not use the Hardtop ladders. I think the issue is with raising the back part on the softtop.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can either order new ladders from Gobi and see about returning your Hardtop ladders or just not use the Hardtop ladders. I think the issue is with raising the back part on the softtop.
The corner ladders are in the way of fully retracting the soft top. I need to find a pic of soft top partially retracted with GOBI

A8921660-5B0C-4396-B60F-04A94760DABC.jpeg

3D7890B7-9CDF-4473-92A2-B987F20E4BB6.jpeg

Sponsored

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone describe, maybe post pics/video of how you retract factory or Bestop soft top with GOBI rack on?

I’m assuming VERY similar to the Jeep process:

This sequence? See pics

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] DBAC7505-95A5-4688-A87B-D518FB6CE761

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] 15E80AB5-EB16-4807-83F3-3612F37EF4D6

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] 113DD82D-B84B-4DC4-86A1-CCCBBAA4E1CC

With final open position AND need to retract rack to retract soft top, why wouldn’t the corner ladders work/fit?

61FF291E-4E9A-4919-8AB7-493DB7FAF47E.jpeg

CD51CCA6-5A19-4A84-BA7E-D2AEBC24B48F.jpeg

Last edited:

bstottlemyer85

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands - NonSas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone describe, maybe post pics/video of how you retract factory or Bestop soft top with GOBI rack on?

I’m assuming VERY similar to the Jeep process:

This sequence? See pics

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] CD51CCA6-5A19-4A84-BA7E-D2AEBC24B48F

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] CD51CCA6-5A19-4A84-BA7E-D2AEBC24B48F

With final open position AND need to retract rack to retract soft top, why wouldn’t the corner ladders work/fit?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To retract soft top do you have to take side panels off every time? Even with Bestop?
You cannot retract the Bestop with the Gobi rack. Since it doesn’t retract fully like the OEM version. So, essentially losing all soft top capabilities. Outside of safari mode (rear and side windows removed).

As for OEM - You cannot go to position 1 - only position 2 (fully retracted) - which requires you to remove the side and back window.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You cannot retract the Bestop with the Gobi rack. Since it doesn’t retract fully like the OEM version. So, essentially losing all soft top capabilities. Outside of safari mode (rear and side windows removed).

As for OEM - You cannot go to position 1 - only position 2 (fully retracted) - which requires you to remove the side and back window.
A couple videos and I get it now.

The Bestop ONLY goes to position #1 and that’s too high to fit under GOBI. You can’t fully retract Bestop at all. You can only remove side/rear windows for an open feel.

The OEM top fully retracts ONLY after you’ve temporarily raised the GOBI and of course can’t sit in position #1. You cannot lift the rear of OEM with GOBI in down position. To retract OEM you must remove side windows.

18C47068-AFF0-4916-B43D-2B8BC13B2439.jpeg

BE88D2C1-FC98-442D-A167-E506D40D64C8.jpeg

55D3C5F5-0B3B-4200-9263-868FDF05523F.jpeg

F3DCECB9-772C-45A1-96A6-9677F391E5A8.jpeg
Sponsored