Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just installed my Gobi rack over the weekend…so far so good - love it! I was a little surprised to see how much the rear isolator plates bump up the hard top in the back…anyone else surprised by that? It didn’t bother me at all u til I saw a post on this site about someone’s hard top cracking by the bolts on the inside (not Gobi rack related at all)…makes me wonder if the plate will add stress and potentially cause cracking.

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] DB9676B4-1617-4A35-A5EB-DC0B6F4A4F7C
Sponsored

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just installed my Gobi rack over the weekend…so far so good - love it! I was a little surprised to see how much the rear isolator plates bump up the hard top in the back…anyone else surprised by that? It didn’t bother me at all u til I saw a post on this site about someone’s hard top cracking by the bolts on the inside (not Gobi rack related at all)…makes me wonder if the plate will add stress and potentially cause cracking.

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] DB9676B4-1617-4A35-A5EB-DC0B6F4A4F7C
Good looking rack there. My mic top has held up fine. I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Blizzard522

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Weekend install done, took approximately 6 hours. Really liking the look and build. Now to add accessories.

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] 5678D866-4527-494D-8665-0550101CABA4

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] DA874070-8637-4513-8936-F8B08E371A97

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] B3BC7EDA-DDF9-453E-BD96-ED60F3D3B638

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] EEFBF868-8359-48D0-A319-7BA1FC0719C7

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] 45E515F5-7BDE-4070-ABEE-2EFE7F5A0D0F

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@GOBI Racks

My 2 door Gobi Rack is making its way to Canada this week (or next) and I was wondering if the 2door version uses the factory mounting points at the top of the windshield?

Based on the picture here I would say no?

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] 45E515F5-7BDE-4070-ABEE-2EFE7F5A0D0F

I ordered the " FORD BRONCO STEALTH RACK - 2DOOR HARD TOP MULTI LIGHT/50" SET UP" if that helps?

Also; Does anyone have pictures of how the rear bumper mount bolts onto the frame?

Do you need to remove the bumper?

Thank you!
Hey there! We did change it back to having the top supports as it helps with the strength of the rack and creates less movement possibilities, especially when doing heavy off-roading!

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Hey There! Our jeeps and broncos have the same isolaters. We have never in all the years we have been doing racks, have had someone had their hard top crack!

Sponsored

Djd7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

how's everyone doing on mpg and wind noise? I've lost 3-4mpg to the rack. Seems to be worse with nothing on it.

Seems like Gobi does not have a wind fairing available yet... time to look into custom molding one

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how's everyone doing on mpg and wind noise? I've lost 3-4mpg to the rack. Seems to be worse with nothing on it.

Seems like Gobi does not have a wind fairing available yet... time to look into custom molding one
Took the deflector from my Yakima mega warrior - works great!
Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] D9613BFC-8C98-4F07-B739-8691BAD4ED0F

Roxxolid

Badlands
First Name
Rox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Successful install with minor issues. Two very bad mechanics got er done in about 7 hours.
Thanks to Gobi for a fantastic product. My hats off to the engineers who designed this rack.

PXL_20221102_212425289.jpg

PXL_20221102_212436423.MP.jpg

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hate to have to post it, but I was one of the early initial orders with promised free ladder, or some such (honestly it’s been so long the details escape me), and have yet to receive my rack. I’ve emailed GOBI a number of times with promises of assembly and shipping…..but so far nada.
@GOBI Racks - hello?……again.
(Order Confirmation #38742)

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hate to have to post it, but I was one of the early initial orders with promised free ladder, or some such (honestly it’s been so long the details escape me), and have yet to receive my rack. I’ve emailed GOBI a number of times with promises of assembly and shipping…..but so far nada.
@GOBI Racks - hello?……again.
(Order Confirmation #38742)
Hey there! Im sorry about the emails you have sent, I do not see those on my end. I reached out to the production team and they said they will get back to you today!

Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey there! Im sorry about the emails you have sent, I do not see those on my end. I reached out to the production team and they said they will get back to you today!
Got an employee named Alysa?…she’s been responding to my emails with promises of getting right on it, expect shipping “this month” , etc.

OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to share that we just started a Black Friday Sale - 15% off any purchase! If you already have a rack, now you can get all your accessories!

GOBI_BlackFriday_ad_15off_cards (1).jpg

brettclutch

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And if the fairing is not compatible when will a fairing be available? Thank You.
Sponsored