First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if the FE is only produced with a hard top are we to assume most/all issues with the hard top have been resolved?
I would like to think that... but I am thinking it's far worse... I think they have a very small amount of tops available and thats why the FE's got pulled up. It looks like any other trim with a hard top got punted to September :(
Sponsored

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would like to think that... but I am thinking it's far worse... I think they have a very small amount of tops available and thats why the FE's got pulled up. It looks like any other trim with a hard top got punted to September :(
Unfortunately I think you’re right, because otherwise I think we’d have seen scheduling last week.

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My dealer just told me I am a priority 1
I’ve been sitting Priority 1 for over a month now 🤬 I thought it was going to mean something but it seems it just means you’re at the front of the “hurry up and wait” line lol
I look at this post and am split. I think it’s good news that they’re moving up FE’s and hope mine is one of the FE’s that schedule this coming Thursday if they “actually” schedule builds (I learnt the last two weeks not to get my hopes up).
But and I mean BUT! It’s really disconcerting to sit here and read post after post about bad MIC tops. Makes me think that they just don’t have their shit together with the tops and I don’t want an inferior product for my Bronco. I feel like Ford has decided that they’re just going to go through what tops they have and pick out the best of a bad bunch and put them out for the FE since they promised they would be MY21’s and then they will delay everyone else's order that isn’t a soft top until they can build a roof that is actually a good product.??
I guess we can take solace in that the tops are replaceable, but then this is the most expensive car I’ve ever bought and for 60k I I’d like to think it had a roof that wasn’t a throw away in a couple of years time.. Plus I can’t stand rattles! Anything but a rattle lol

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Haven't heard squat on my First Edition other than some excuse emails from Ford.
What I did hear is from a Ford employee is the MIC issue is beyond ridiculous with build quality issues. A majority of the tops are being produced so thin in some areas that they are unusable yet installed and the vehicle sent to a holding lot.
So if you had a production date and shows built but not shipped, it's sitting outside in a lot awaiting a new top. So when you finally take delivery, you might want to do a detailed pre buy inspection.
I'm thinking my First Edition will arrive in 2022 at this point yet show a 2021 build date and sticker.

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Haven't heard squat on my First Edition other than some excuse emails from Ford.
What I did hear is from a Ford employee is the MIC issue is beyond ridiculous with build quality issues. A majority of the tops are being produced so thin in some areas that they are unusable yet installed and the vehicle sent to a holding lot.
So if you had a production date and shows built but not shipped, it's sitting outside in a lot awaiting a new top. So when you finally take delivery, you might want to do a detailed pre buy inspection.
I'm thinking my First Edition will arrive in 2022 at this point yet show a 2021 build date and sticker.

Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully that means the later we are the more perfect the hard tops will be. :)

XxGearheadxX

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully that means the later we are the more perfect the hard tops will be. :)
I really wanna believe that… and have been trying to convince myself of that for most of the weekend…. But I am afraid the track record just isn’t there :(

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really wanna believe that… and have been trying to convince myself of that for most of the weekend…. But I am afraid the track record just isn’t there :(
Stay positive.
I see your in Norfolk, my son is in the Navy and owns a house in Chesapeake.

dsmarks1970

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My FE was built 8/4 and still no word on shipping

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How does one know if/when a window sticker is produced? And what is a "blend date" mean?

My build was just pushed from 8/23 to 9/13
Check out the 9/13 build week thread. I am in Oregon. Maybe our Broncos will ride the train together. Good luck. I have been scheduled for a build week of 9/13 and a build day of 9/16.

Sponsored

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Check out the 9/13 build week thread. I am in Oregon. Maybe our Broncos will ride the train together. Good luck. I have been scheduled for a build week of 9/13 and a build day of 9/16.
Copy that, likewise! Hopeful the builds don't get pushed, we do have FE's going for us!

Perhaps since we have such a long journey home it would appropriate for our FE's to be born a little earlier than others.

West coast train must be leaving the week of the 20th! All the planets are aligned!!

Last edited:

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's a bingo!! My window sticker just surfaced, birth date 9/17!!

literally just surfaced, checked prior to reading your post and nothing, checked after reading your post and window sticker, Thank you!

Last edited:

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's a bingo!! My window sticker just surfaced, birth date 9/17!!

literally just surfaced, checked prior to reading your post and nothing, checked after reading your post and window sticker, Thank you!
Congrats. :love:

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Broncodriver76

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 1994 Bronco, 2021 FE, 2020 f-350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve got a FE going to Roseburg. My build date is Today 9/9
Sponsored