Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The *Not So* First Edition.

It's exciting to see things moving along each day.
First Edition is a trim level, not a production order. It's not that hard to understand.
Sponsored

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Which one do you want first?

The Bad News - First Edition doesn't necessarily mean you'll get your Bronco produced first. This has been discussed before, but I'll reiterate this. The first 7,000 reservation holders for the Bronco are not all First Editions. Other trims were reserved. Also, the first 7,000 units produced are not going to be First Editions. They will be mixed in with other trims. We received a large amount of First Editions reservations (50+) and it looks like only 1 will be scheduled in the first production cycle for us. I don't believe we are an outlier. I would anticipate most of those to be produced in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th month of production.

The Good news - We had a First Edition this morning that got moved to priority code 01. Which can only be done by a Ford employee, not anyone at the dealership. This order that got pulled and will be scheduled for production shortly is a First Edition with Black interior. So it doesn't look like the black interior is a late availability item any longer.
So I am a first day res holder and chose the FE. I thought reservation #s/ dates still mattered. Did they change this to?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I am a first day res holder and chose the FE. I thought reservation #s/ dates still mattered. Did they change this to?
Same, but I think more likely is constraints are real for the first batch. Most that I’ve seen confirmed priority 1 status have been non-SAS so far, and most in Canada lol

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There could most certainly be reservation holders before you that don't have an FE reservation

Sponsored

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There could most certainly be reservation holders before you that don't have an FE reservation
Yes, I know that some people decided against going with the FE that had early orders. But due to the fact that I did get in on a first day reservation my assumption was that I was definitely in the front of the pack regardless of what trim level I chose.

BL2.7SAS4DR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a day one reservation too. They won't tell me how many allocations they have and where I fall in line. All I know is that I was given priority 19. At least 5 guys who work at my dealership are also ordering Broncos; I wouldn't be surprised if some of them get priority 01. The salesman did tell me once that I reserved before any of them.

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wait, I didn’t get a call to let me know I’m scheduled for production. Does that mean it’s not me? That’s it! Can someone point me to the cancellation thread?!

#sarcasm

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes, I know that some people decided against going with the FE that had early orders. But due to the fact that I did get in on a first day reservation my assumption was that I was definitely in the front of the pack regardless of what trim level I chose.
The pack is huge and the heavily weighted to towards the first day, and first few hours. How far in front of that pack are you expecting to be?
Granger was only getting 25 in the first run, 1/25 is an FE, doesn't sound too crazy to me.

Also keep in mind Granger Trims are probably heavily skewed

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The pack is huge and the heavily weighted to towards the first day, and first few hours. How far in front of that pack are you expecting to be?
Granger was only getting 25 in the first run, 1/25 is an FE, doesn't sound too crazy to me.

Also keep in mind Granger Trims are probably heavily skewed
Granger and other forum dealerships that marketed transferring orders to them actually probably are skewed in several dimensions vs average order breakdown and that at your local dealership

Sponsored

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What I want to know is was it a 2 Door or 4 Door FE

rhart540

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 2008 GT500KR, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well it apparently isn't me either. I've been refreshing my email every 30 seconds since reading Zach's post :(

Congrats to the lucky FE owner

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First Edition is a trim level, not a production order. It's not that hard to understand.

Oh, I totally get it. But, if I was spending $70k on a vehicle - I would expect some sort of priority and special service.