Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When we commit to allocation we get an estimate of what they can build. This is usually national numbers and can vary to by dealer, but gives us an idea of what % of orders can have that option before you commit to taking the units.

As example (just fake options and build rates)
Option A 30-37% national, willl vary by dealer
Package B 15-20% National, will vary by dealer
Engine A 60-70% national, will vary by dealer
Option B 45-50% national, will vary by dealer.

Badlands is on the list for both locking front axle, modular bumper, full time 4x4, so yes, it still has commodities that can be an issue. Heck some weeks we might even see specific colors be limited, so anything can be, the issue is when those commodities are double digits of demand higher than production is when it becomes more of a longer term delay.
Any news on black diamond 2 door mid package non Sasquatch
Sponsored

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well if MIC top is a problem Ford should just make Soft tops available for the 2 door!! Problem solved. I'll take a dam Soft top as long as its quick release and folds all the way down.
Same here. I would actually prefer it.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well if MIC top is a problem Ford should just make Soft tops available for the 2 door!! Problem solved. I'll take a dam Soft top as long as its quick release and folds all the way down.
I can have my soft top windows removed, top folded back and completely removed from my 2dr wrangler in less than 3 minutes. It's definitely nice having quick release.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd get what you want. 2.7 is still listed as a commodity so Ford thinks demand is greater than supply. I'm just saying that based on the % I don't think it will be a catastrophic delay, but there's still a chance it could push you back, I just expect that could be weeks at this point, not months or next year as I'd previously expected.
A couple more weeks to get the exact Bronco you want is totally worth it, to me at least.
Thank you

Scotteasymoney

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 72 maverick grabber
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So correct me if I am wrong. All FEs are pushed to MY22 due to mod tops!!!!!
WT got swapped to a mic. Sas,2.7 ,auto all standard. Are any WT being delayed?

Sponsored

MagicNelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not a bad idea. One would imagine that a Bronco embracing the Rick Astley tenants of life would never give you up or let you down nor would it make you cry.
Although, I think one would need to be careful around sharp curves or steep inclines...a Bronco named Rick Astley is likely to roll...

Iā€™ll see myself out.

Also, I think Ben Rectorā€™s cover of ā€œNever Gonna Give You Upā€ is very good if you havenā€™t heard it.

SpaceHorse

Base
First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Finally some good news. I have 2.7, 2 door, Sasquatch, mic top, and tow package in my order. Lol. Maybe Christmas?
You said ā€œlolā€.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was originally thinking of MIC to get it faster... then Ford decided for me.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So correct me if I am wrong. All FEs are pushed to MY22 due to mod tops!!!!!
WT got swapped to a mic. Sas,2.7 ,auto all standard. Are any WT being delayed?
Youā€™re wrong. FE is 2021 only and only with MIC top.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can have my soft top windows removed, top folded back and completely removed from my 2dr wrangler in less than 3 minutes. It's definitely nice having quick release.
I guess "quick" is relative to each person. I'm used to "quick" meaning, I can press a button and the soft top will be down and stowed before the light turns green, 20 seconds or less quick. :)

Still, I'd like to see a convertible top for the two-door that can be released at the window header and then manually pulled back all the way back below roof level.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess "quick" is relative to each person. I'm used to "quick" meaning, I can press a button and the soft top will be down and stowed before the light turns green, 20 seconds or less quick. :)

Still, I'd like to see a convertible top for the two-door that can be released at the window header and then manually pulled back all the way back below roof level.
The Sky One Touch like Jeep has it what Ford should have offered.

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Sky One Touch like Jeep has it what Ford should have offered.
Gotta save things to get people to trade in the future! I expect not much to change or get added the first few years, but Bronco will be a bit tricky, you can't change the look of it greatly to get people to want the newest one, and if you don't change it, there's no reason for current owners to want to trade into a new one. It will be very interesting to see what Ford comes up with to try to keep people upgrading in years to come.

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got our commodity list for the wholesale we're doing now, and Bronco is on it. I can't post it as I can understand Ford not wanting competitors to have it, but I can say its not as bad as I had thought.

The commodities that were mentioned before are all there, but the build % are higher than I was afraid they might be. For example, 2.7L is a commoditiy, but its not far from the estimates of build orders I've seen in articles online. I think MIC top will be worse than 2.7L for example. Sasquatch I still think will be a bottleneck, I think it will be very noticeable, but I had previously worried it might be darn near impossible (think R model Shelby) and I don't think that will be the case. 2 door is also lower than the estimated orders, but it's not far from it, so yes its a commodity that will delay some orders but shouldn't keep backing up further and further.

So yes commodities are still going to be a problem, but it doesn't look catastrophic like I'd imagined. I could still be proven wrong, but I think biggest issues will be Sasquatch, then MIC top, then Trailer tow. (no numbers on Lux or other packages, so not sure on that).
Does Bronco have any impact from the chip shortages that have been in the news recently?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gotta save things to get people to trade in the future! I expect not much to change or get added the first few years, but Bronco will be a bit tricky, you can't change the look of it greatly to get people to want the newest one, and if you don't change it, there's no reason for current owners to want to trade into a new one. It will be very interesting to see what Ford comes up with to try to keep people upgrading in years to come.
Yeah, you have to rely on more people moving into the segment than people upgrading. That said, Jeep has put out the same vehicle basically for decades and still sells 240k per year.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
When we commit to allocation we get an estimate of what they can build. This is usually national numbers and can vary to by dealer, but gives us an idea of what % of orders can have that option before you commit to taking the units.
@XCR440 Nathan as always timely info.
So would a dealer have to refuse some of their MY21 allocation if they maxed out on their orders that fit the % of commodites?
Sponsored