Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M2, 2019 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This is good news. Thanks for posting.

I've been debating between the 2.3 and the 2.7 on my 2 door Big Bend Sasquatch order, and availability of the 2.7 played in to my decision to go with the 2.3. I'm not expecting to be a lead foot with the Bronco, so wasn't sure of benefits of the 2.7, aside from maybe the exhaust note and some additional torque. Based on this info it sounds like engine choice won't hold things up. I think I'm still 111 out of 70 allocation spots. Hoping this might change in my favor based on the latest news. Will see.
Sponsored

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fingers crossed all of this checks out and each commodity availability is at least close to the number of takers.
It's going to really really suck if one commodity becomes a really tight bottleneck preventing a lot of our Broncos from being built

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeesh. Can't wait for the forum to erupt when even ppl that changed from MOD top to MIC to get a 2021 get pushed to 2022... 🌾👀🌾
THAT WILL BE EPIC!!! <-- Yes, that makes me excited...

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When we commit to allocation we get an estimate of what they can build. This is usually national numbers and can vary to by dealer, but gives us an idea of what % of orders can have that option before you commit to taking the units.

As example (just fake options and build rates)
Option A 30-37% national, willl vary by dealer
Package B 15-20% National, will vary by dealer
Engine A 60-70% national, will vary by dealer
Option B 45-50% national, will vary by dealer.

Badlands is on the list for both locking front axle, modular bumper, full time 4x4, so yes, it still has commodities that can be an issue. Heck some weeks we might even see specific colors be limited, so anything can be, the issue is when those commodities are double digits of demand higher than production is when it becomes more of a longer term delay.
That is super helpful. I could live with Black Diamond (actually prefer the interior), but would still want the "advanced" transfer case. and mod bumper is for both, so might as well stay where I am.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just got our commodity list for the wholesale we're doing now, and Bronco is on it. I can't post it as I can understand Ford not wanting competitors to have it, but I can say its not as bad as I had thought.

The commodities that were mentioned before are all there, but the build % are higher than I was afraid they might be. For example, 2.7L is a commoditiy, but its not far from the estimates of build orders I've seen in articles online. I think MIC top will be worse than 2.7L for example. Sasquatch I still think will be a bottleneck, I think it will be very noticeable, but I had previously worried it might be darn near impossible (think R model Shelby) and I don't think that will be the case. 2 door is also lower than the estimated orders, but it's not far from it, so yes its a commodity that will delay some orders but shouldn't keep backing up further and further.

So yes commodities are still going to be a problem, but it doesn't look catastrophic like I'd imagined. I could still be proven wrong, but I think biggest issues will be Sasquatch, then MIC top, then Trailer tow. (no numbers on Lux or other packages, so not sure on that).
Hey Nathan are you seeing any info on the First Edition onyx interior? Mahalo

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for some God news.

But how can MIC be a problem....its virtually the Only stinkin' top available?
Soft top is the other option. MIC has a very, very high production %, but I expect demand to be near 100% and production isn't that high.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

we seem to be in a whack-a-mole environment...as soon as you move - you get the hammer :)
I am good with it. One of the unexpected benefits of the delay? My f150 is worth $4k more now than it was last August, so I may buy out the lease after my extension (April) and immediately put it up for sale at top $. As soon as it sells, I will start driving my motorcycle till the Bronco comes in. Only have to figure out the sales tax hit on the $28K to verify it's worth it.

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
we seem to be in a whack-a-mole environment...as soon as you move - you get the hammer :)
Yes, I wouldn't change my order to avoid delays at this point. It's far better than I predicted is the point, yes some orders will have issues that hold them up, but thats true all the time. F-150 and Ranger both have more commodities this month than Bronco, its normal business. I was just afraid that demand for 2.7L (for example) would be 20-30% higher than they could build, that doesn't look to be the case which is why I'm excited. THIS IS GOOD NEWS!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, I wouldn't change my order to avoid delays at this point. It's far better than I predicted is the point, yes some orders will have issues that hold them up, but thats true all the time. F-150 and Ranger both have more commodities this month than Bronco, its normal business. I was just afraid that demand for 2.7L (for example) would be 20-30% higher than they could build, that doesn't look to be the case which is why I'm excited. THIS IS GOOD NEWS!
Not to mention that Ford is facing potential plant idling as F150's are juuuuuuuuust about to cease production due to chip shortages. Depending on how that goes, it's possible (although unlikely with JITM) to shift 2.7 production for Bronco and deliver to MAP.

I'm on the 2.3/MT bandwagon (seats available!), but I could see the chip shortage helping Bronco production with the caveat that Bronco is less likely to be impacted than F150 except on any shared chip boards. (and politely ignoring all the other parts deficiencies already known for bronco)

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@XCR440 Do you have any insight or suspicions about MIC tops without headliners being a delay?

In other words, I have an MGV interior, so it seems I have the option to add the complimentary headliner or not. And it seems like it will be more of a bottleneck to receive a top without the headliner at this point.

Your thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored