First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is very true, but 100 per day right now is far better than the claims of < 30, and we don't really know what their maximum output is...
They are not building 100 tops a day right now, at the plant that will supply MAP anyway. 30 would be a great day right now.
Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are not building 100 tops a day right now, at the plant that will supply MAP anyway. 30 would be a great day right now.
I keep seeing these claims (and believed them) - where is this info coming from? A photo from the plant was showing they were planning between 70-80 hard tops a day for this week.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I keep seeing these claims (and believed them) - where is this info coming from? A photo from the plant was showing they were planning between 70-80 hard tops a day for this week.
Ya I posted that picture lol. You realize Webasto is a huge corporation with many facilities right? Just because MAP is building 70 Broncos with a hard top today, doesn't mean Webasto's new facility built all those hard tops yesterday, as it should and will be eventually.

Sponsored

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you guys realize there are starving dying people in the world, and all you can cry about is where is your $60k Bronco? You will get it when it’s time. Ford will build as many as they can. Chill, relax, and enjoy the ride. Most importantly, stop complaining!

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you guys realize there are starving dying people in the world, and all you can cry about is where is your $60k Bronco? You will get it when it’s time. Ford will build as many as they can. Chill, relax, and enjoy the ride. Most importantly, stop complaining!
I can care about starving and dying people and still wonder where the Bronco I ordered a year ago is. I'm a good multi-tasker... I can even do it while posting on this here forum.

Stop complaining about the complaining, and don't you dare come at me about complaining about the complaining complaining, or else I'll hit you with a complaint about complaining about the complaining complaining complaining.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately the bottleneck is going to be Webasto producing MIC tops. Currently they can only produce up to 40 in a day and that’s only on a good day 😆.
I guess Ford is hoping they can ramp up by the Q4 to meet some of the demand.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What will they build with no parts? Lost hope and false promises?

Sponsored

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately the bottleneck is going to be Webasto producing MIC tops. Currently they can only produce up to 40 in a day and that’s only on a good day 😆.
If this is true and not going to change anytime soon, then Ford should be offering discounts to people that choose to take the soft top instead, and throw in the defrost / wiper hookups and rebates for purchasing the hard top later. This would allow them to capture the revenue on far more vehicles this fiscal year.

Hopefully they are getting assurances from Webasto that they will actually be able to ramp up production, or at least have enough softtop buyers so that the hardtop isn't the sole bottleneck.

I'm kinda bummed as I originally chose the soft top, but switched as soon as the free sound deadening was added and the MIC top color started looking better. Still not willing to switch back at this point though.

BroncOBabe2.7

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So do we have a Webasto insider on this forum? I'm more curious about their situation and production than I am about Ford at this point. That seems to be a lot of the issue. Is Ford exploring another hard top vendor or are they locked into a contract with Webasto? I look at contracts a lot in my job and there's usually a way to get out of that if the vendor can't deliver on time. Either that or pay hefty liquidated damages fines. There are a couple Webasto specific threads but they haven't been updated in a while. Who's got the scoop on this place and can give us a dedicated thread on updates for this company?

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So do we have a Webasto insider on this forum? I'm more curious about their situation and production than I am about Ford at this point. That seems to be a lot of the issue. Is Ford exploring another hard top vendor or are they locked into a contract with Webasto? I look at contracts a lot in my job and there's usually a way to get out of that if the vendor can't deliver on time. Either that or pay hefty liquidated damages fines. There are a couple Webasto specific threads but they haven't been updated in a while. Who's got the scoop on this place and can give us a dedicated thread on updates for this company?
Agreed, at this point I would consider this a force majeure situation. I think Ford would be well off to offer people that ordered MIC tops a soft-top and a discount towards accessories or something.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A third shift, six months from now?
Yes, 5-6 months from now. People have to be hired and trained. Then they have to be cleared to work on the equipment without supervision. I highly doubt that third shift will be all newbies. Everyone will get shuffled around and they may even bring in workers from other assembly lines to fill the gap. Temporary move is lots cheaper for Ford than moving people to Detroit permanently. They will rock it as hard as they can for as long as they can to get these reservation builds out.
Sponsored