First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1923 Model T Racer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was on the way to work this morning at 300am, there was a bad storm last night but it was over by the time I was heading to work. As I was going down the road a tree started to fall and there was just nothing I could do the timing was perfect. I couldn’t get over as much as I wanted to; there was another vehicle and I just braced. Luckily it was just the top of the tree that went into about half of my lane and it was just a loud WHACK. It was dark so I waited till I got to work and found that there are surprisingly NO SCRATCHES, but I did lose my accessory windshield cover, and looks like from when the antenna hit the windshield frame it put a little crease in it. Sometimes I miss steel vehicles lol. There was some marks on the grill I thought were scratches but with a paper towel they came off so I guess just dirt marks. My dad got up early and when I told him what happened he drove to where it was and LO AND BEHOLD it was laying on the side of the road nothing wrong with it!! I think I need to get a lottery ticket!

There was a cop there and some others cutting it up to move it and he told my dad these instances are usually considered “Acts of God”with insurance and usually don’t have a deductible. Idk if it’s worth messing with I’ll let y’all be the judge. Consider myself very lucky!

(Also I need to figure out how to get hard water spots off windshield lol)
Ford Bronco Got lucky, falling tree while driving! FEB5F148-C9C6-4569-87CC-60E3EC220D4C
Ford Bronco Got lucky, falling tree while driving! A63C41A6-0AEF-4FEB-80B7-2E9C5D6F0FCD
Ford Bronco Got lucky, falling tree while driving! 62D56C3A-0035-4595-B1E4-83CBB0A4D96C
Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lucky you, double luck!
I just had my windows tinted ~ last week. While inwas there asked the tint guy about hard warer spots on glass and what they do. He said:

Aluminum polish and elbow grease. He said the hard ones take some tine but usually it goes quick

try on small spot and report back

Mother's aluminum and mag polish is about $5

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lucky you, double luck!
I just had my windows tinted ~ last week. While inwas there asked the tint guy about hard warer spots on glass and what they do. He said:

Aluminum polish and elbow grease. He said the hard ones take some tine but usually it goes quick

try on small spot and report back

Mother's aluminum and mag polish is about $5
This morning I was thinking about using some glass top stove cleaner. It’s basically just a super fine polish, and it doesn’t leave scratches on my stove 🤷‍♂️ Also thought about using like never-dull, the cotton fabric that’s got some petroleum based stuff on it I use to clean aluminum. Got a ton of it. Then I can go back and wax. We don’t have hard water here so wherever it came from left the spots 🤷‍♂️

Big Barney

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Escape, 2000 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was on the way to work this morning at 300am, there was a bad storm last night but it was over by the time I was heading to work. As I was going down the road a tree started to fall and there was just nothing I could do the timing was perfect. I couldn’t get over as much as I wanted to; there was another vehicle and I just braced. Luckily it was just the top of the tree that went into about half of my lane and it was just a loud WHACK. It was dark so I waited till I got to work and found that there are surprisingly NO SCRATCHES, but I did lose my accessory windshield cover, and looks like from when the antenna hit the windshield frame it put a little crease in it. Sometimes I miss steel vehicles lol. There was some marks on the grill I thought were scratches but with a paper towel they came off so I guess just dirt marks. My dad got up early and when I told him what happened he drove to where it was and LO AND BEHOLD it was laying on the side of the road nothing wrong with it!! I think I need to get a lottery ticket!

There was a cop there and some others cutting it up to move it and he told my dad these instances are usually considered “Acts of God”with insurance and usually don’t have a deductible. Idk if it’s worth messing with I’ll let y’all be the judge. Consider myself very lucky!

(Also I need to figure out how to get hard water spots off windshield lol)
Ford Bronco Got lucky, falling tree while driving! 62D56C3A-0035-4595-B1E4-83CBB0A4D96C
I‘ve had good luck removing hard water spots with a clay bar using a 50/50 water and vinegar lubricant.

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man I’m also thinking of doing something to kinda cover that little dent. Don’t have lot of spare funds but my dad picked up a 50” light bar a while back from tractor supply and it’s super bright. I was thinking maybe grabbing one and buying a bar mount kit online and installing the light bar on top it would cover the spot for now and plus could use it when off-roading. It’s way brighter than I’d ever need and I wouldn’t be wasting money on other brands that while look badass I just don’t have 2k for lights lol

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think I'd take a ding over a bodyshop massage. It'll see more over the course of it's lifetime.

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think I'd take a ding over a bodyshop massage. It'll see more over the course of it's lifetime.
Yeah ima leave it especially if I end up putting a light bar it’s only noticeable if you’re looking for it. Plus idk how a shop would fix it, my luck theyd just fill it with bondo and call it good. Lol just annoying that the tree didn’t do anything but the antenna did 😂

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, I give.. What's that bracket sticking up?

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OK, I give.. What's that bracket sticking up?
Gearshade limb risers…which would’ve been extremely more useful this morning lol.

also, I thought the white marks on the grille and trail sitewere gone but I guess it dried and they’re still there. I read to use toothpaste or baking soda/water will remove the white marks but idk if it’ll discolor it. Anyone have any advice? The accessory cover fit back perfectly although with a couple knicks. I got another grille to install but wanna at least get the marks off trail sight.