First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Most of the tie rods being broke are from people sending it or improperly lifting the Bronco and putting the tie rods at a harsh angle.
The problem I have with this argument is, there are Toyotas and Nissans driving around lifted at these same angles for years without any issues. I owned an Xterra lifted 3.5" that I beat to hell off-road. I had a couple tie rod ends wear out but never snapped a single one, and I sold it with the factory steering rack still in it.

Every vehicle has different weaknesses and it would be reasonable to say the steering system is the Broncos biggest, but putting a moderate lift on and trying to run the same trails that Ford showed the Bronco off on and having parts catastrophically fail is not reasonable.

OP
OP
Letagoavs710

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Most of the tie rods being broke are from people sending it or improperly lifting the Bronco and putting the tie rods at a harsh angle. I do one thing I'd rather break a little inexpensive tie rod then snap an expensive solid axle. A member on the Jeep forum broke an axle basically just hooning around in the sand doing Bronco stuff. Didn't get air or anything. Snap.. Happens a lot more then most realize. There's also companies coming out with some pretty awesome tie rod upgrades for the Bronco that aren't expensive at all.

As far as the 2.7 engine failures go that was a bad batch of lifters from a 3rd party supplier with the whole Covid-19 situation. It's not the norm. The 2.7 Ecoboost is an extremely reliable engine.

I own both a 2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys Xtreme Recon and a 2022 Ford Bronco 2.7 2 door Sasquatch.

I actually sold my original 2022 Eruption Green Bronco for a profit and instantly regretted it. I drove my Jeep around full time for a month and a half after and really missed my Bronco. The seats suck in my Jeep and kill my back and it's crazy how loose the steering is to the point if there's a cop behind me im always wondering if he's going to pull me over for swerving. It's also really neat when it hits bumps in the road and feels like a pickup truck from the 70s too. JK. It's not that bad but close. Lol.

I missed my Bronco so much I called hundreds of Ford dealers asking them to let me know if they get a brand new Sasquatch package in and the reservation holder backs out. It was hard work but I finally landed one. Now instead of Eruption Green I have a new Hot Pepper red 2.7 Bronco Sasquatch. Super excited to be back in a new Ford Bronco. The comfort, technology, engine performance,
drivability/handling and what you get standard is far superior in the Bronco.

20220723_183634.jpg

20220812_144747.jpg

20221027_144101.jpg
Lol it was just a joke because that guy is a tool, i know what’s going on with them. I was here in the beginning when we had 100 page threads full of gifs about, “by September.” If you know you know. I probably know more about this website and the Bronco than any sane person probably should.

I love my gladiator, haven’t had issues with it, It’s a Mojave, it drives really nice off road. I can take dirt roads 45mph with my hands off the steering wheel and it drives straight as an arrow. I really love the Bronco too, I’ve driven the Sasquatch on some dirt trails too at high speed and it’s a blast. There’s a hilarious misconception here that by giving up on Ford’s inability to do the right thing means I hate the Bronco. I like the Bronco, I’m over Ford and I don’t owe them anything. I waited 26 months, we’re moving on lol.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
The problem I have with this argument is, there are Toyotas and Nissans driving around lifted at these same angles for years without any issues. I owned an Xterra lifted 3.5" that I beat to hell off-road. I had a couple tie rod ends wear out but never snapped a single one, and I sold it with the factory steering rack still in it.

Every vehicle has different weaknesses and it would be reasonable to say the steering system is the Broncos biggest, but putting a moderate lift on and trying to run the same trails that Ford showed the Bronco off on and having parts catastrophically fail is not reasonable.
Even if that's the case tie rods are inexpensive. And like I said there's some companies coming out with some pretty nice aftermarket tie rods.

I'd rather break a tie rod any day over a solid front axle.

As far as the steering system goes I don't know. How many are truly failing? I guess I'll let you know over time if mine does. Lol. But like you said every vehicle has its own weak points. Each one different then the next. Pick your poison.

But stock for stock my Bronco out handles my Jeep in every way. And I love the comfort and technology that comes standard that you have to pay thousands more for in the Jeep from the factory. I'm more of an adventure off roader and my Bronco handles the trails I hit up beautifully.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lol it was just a joke because that guy is a tool, i know what’s going on with them. I was here in the beginning when we had 100 page threads full of gifs about, “by September.” If you know you know. I probably know more about this website and the Bronco than any sane person probably should.

I love my gladiator, haven’t had issues with it, It’s a Mojave, it drives really nice off road. I can take dirt roads 45mph with my hands off the steering wheel and it drives straight as an arrow. I really love the Bronco too, I’ve driven the Sasquatch on some dirt trails too at high speed and it’s a blast. There’s a hilarious misconception here that by giving up on Ford’s inability to do the right thing means I hate the Bronco. I like the Bronco, I’m over Ford and I don’t owe them anything. I waited 26 months, we’re moving on lol.
Lol. I know. It's all good. Like I said I own both so I'm not being biased or attacking you in any way. I was just point out some of the misconceptions that some die hard Jeep guys run wild with. Not you.

Also I get waiting as long as you did is frustrating. The same thing happened to me. I waited 2 years 11 says for my 1st Bronco reservation. Which is actually why I ended up with a new Jeep months before my Bronco. I just couldn't wait any longer.

And of course once I bought the Jeep and then not long after I finally get an email from Ford that my Bronco is scheduled for production. 🤣

Sponsored
OP
OP
Letagoavs710

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol. I know. It's all good. Like I said I own both so I'm not being biased or attacking you in any way. I was just point out some of the misconceptions that some die hard Jeep guys run wild with. Not you.

Also I get waiting as long as you did is frustrating. The same thing happened to me. I waited 2 years 11 says for my 1st Bronco reservation. Which is actually why I ended up with a new Jeep months before my Bronco. I just couldn't wait any longer.

And of course once I bought the Jeep and then not long after I finally get an email from Ford that my Bronco is scheduled for production. 🤣
Haha I’ll be pissed if that happens here but once we found out our place in line at Granger, 150ish I think, my wife was over it. She wasn’t excited anymore. Yeah I’m not some diehard Jeep fan lol. I love them always have, my gladiator is the first one I’ve ever owned. I just like cars. There’s a chance it could come in 2023 but we just don’t like Ford’s attitude towards us. Like we don’t matter because they don’t like the dealer choice we made. One of each is the best of both worlds.

Last edited:

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Haha I’ll be pissed if that happens here but once we found out our place in line at Granger, 150ish I think, my wife was over it. She wasn’t excited anymore. Yeah I’m not some diehard Jeep fan lol. I love them always have, my gladiator is the first one I’ve ever owned. I just like cars. There’s a chance it could come in 2023 but we just don’t like Ford’s attitude towards us. Like we don’t matter because they don’t like the dealer choice we made. One of each is the best of both worlds.
Yeah. I'm a car guy myself and that's one of the big reasons why I Love the 2 door Bronco Sasquatch with the 2.7 engine.

It really has a Hot wheels, hot rod, Tonka truck vibe. It's like a big toy. It's just really cool. IMO.

I've been a muscle/high performance car guy forever and this is the first 4x4 type vehicle that fills that same emotion bill for me. Which is really good for me living in the Northeast.

OP
OP
Letagoavs710

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah. I'm a car guy myself and that's one of the big reasons why I Love the 2 door Bronco Sasquatch with the 2.7 engine.

It really has a Hot wheels, hot rod, Tonka truck vibe. It's like a big toy. It's just really cool. IMO.

I've been a muscle/high performance car guy forever and this is the first 4x4 type vehicle that fills that same emotion bill for me. Which is really good for me living in the Northeast.
Oh for sure, we had a 2dr eruption green on order too. I don’t mind the 4 door but I don’t love it, the 2 dr is awesome. I’ve always had muscle cars too…2 Camaros and a Challenger before the Jeep. It’s a different world you find yourself in but it’s fun because you can go anywhere now.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh for sure, we had a 2dr eruption green on order too. I don’t mind the 4 door but I don’t love it, the 2 dr is awesome. I’ve always had muscle cars too…2 Camaros and a Challenger before the Jeep. It’s a different world you find yourself in but it’s fun because you can go anywhere now.
Different world for sure but closer to the old muscle car world with the Bronco then my Jeep. I've had them all myself.

My Jeep is a Jeep. It's its own thing. Where my 2 door Bronco is like my hot rod muscle truck. If that makes sense. Just the way it feels. Hard to explain. I love when the twin turbos kick in and you feel the power. I can't wait to get the performance tune.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you have an order in for a 2020, and in 2022 you're still waiting.
So many variables. I reserved in 2020 and was just scheduled for a 2023.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Letagoavs710

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Different world for sure but closer to the old muscle car world with the Bronco then my Jeep. I've had them all myself.

My Jeep is a Jeep. It's its own thing. Where my 2 door Bronco is like my hot rod muscle truck. If that makes sense. Just the way it feels. Hard to explain. I love when the twin turbos kick in and you feel the power. I can't wait to get the performance tune.
Haha yeah the 2.7L is fun. We got 2.0T Wrangler which I haven’t drove but heard it’s pretty quick. The 392 Wrangler is the perfect car to me since I had a 392 Challenger, I just can’t convince myself 80K is worth it lol. But I have a 2019 Transit for work and it has the 3.5L Ecoboost, I LOVE driving it. It’s so fast, cracks me up, it just gets up and goes. I make all the soccer moms mad who want to try and race me. 🏎 💨

Perk 22

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So many variables. I reserved in 2020 and was just scheduled for a 2023.
Man that sucks. Lucky for me, I found one sitting on the lot near me in my price range. Awesome vehicle. Absolutely NO buyers remorse for me. Good luck.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man that sucks. Lucky for me, I found one sitting on the lot near me in my price range. Awesome vehicle. Absolutely NO buyers remorse for me. Good luck.
I am so excited. I am hoping to get it in Dec/Jan. My wife has been patient with me through all of this.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Haha yeah the 2.7L is fun. We got 2.0T Wrangler which I haven’t drove but heard it’s pretty quick. The 392 Wrangler is the perfect car to me since I had a 392 Challenger, I just can’t convince myself 80K is worth it lol. But I have a 2019 Transit for work and it has the 3.5L Ecoboost, I LOVE driving it. It’s so fast, cracks me up, it just gets up and goes. I make all the soccer moms mad who want to try and race me. 🏎 💨
My Jeep Wrangler has the 2.0t 4 cylinder in it. It's plenty of power but it's not no 2.7 twin turbo V6. With a good tune I would put the 2.7 in a category next to the 392 as far as power goes. And with bolt ons like down pipes, intercooler, bigger turbos and a professional tune the 2.7 will destroy a 392.

Don't get me wrong I love the 392 engine. I had it in both my Challenger Scat Packs. I really miss my 2015 Sublime Green Scat. But it's not worth no $40k more in a Wrangler. Total price gouging by Jeep there. They basically told the Jeep community ok you want the v8 you got it now bend over. Lol.

Also the Jeep IMO doesn't have the cool muscle truck retro styling of the new Ford Bronco. I'm mean it's a Jeep which is in itself it's own type of old school style but it doesn't have the hot rod hot wheels look. If that makes sense. The new Bronco is its own animal. Especially the 2 door.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Letagoavs710

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My Jeep Wrangler has the 2.0t 4 cylinder in it. It's plenty of power but it's not no 2.7 twin turbo V6. With a good tune I would put the 2.7 in a category next to the 392 as far as power goes. And with bolt ons like down pipes, intercooler, bigger turbos and a professional tune the 2.7 will destroy a 392.

Don't get me wrong I love the 392 engine. I had it in both my Challenger Scat Packs. I really miss my 2015 Sublime Green Scat. But it's not worth no $40k more in a Wrangler. Total price gouging by Jeep there. They basically told the Jeep community ok you want the v8 you got it now bend over. Lol.

Also the Jeep IMO doesn't have the cool muscle truck retro styling of the new Ford Bronco. I'm mean it's a Jeep which is in itself it's own type of old school style but it doesn't have the hot rod hot wheels look. If that makes sense. The new Bronco is its own animal. Especially the 2 door.
Haha an intercooler, bigger turbos and a tune? That’s not the same engine anymore lol. I agree the 392 is massively over priced. 45K in a Challenger, 80K in a Jeep lol. I’d still take the 392 just for the sound and I love how it drives. I enjoy the 392 more than the small block in the Camaro, although i haven’t driven the newer one with more power. The 5.0 in the mustang to me has the perfect sound, it just sounds soooo good. To be fair though look at the Raptor, it’s less powerful than the 6.4 and almost the same price. Every manufacturer does it.
Sponsored