Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Practically speaking - the Bronco sucks! I mean it you could assign negative or lose points for practicality I would think the Bronco would be in the red.

The Bronco is a compromised vehicle. All vehicles are trade offs and a balance of what is important to the owner of said vehicle.

The Bronco has amazing off-road capability - in some trims better than a Wrangler. It has the top down, doors off fun factor. It has the retro cool looks, and it pushes the envelope on off-road capable vehicles technologies and capabilities.

The Bronco legitimately comprises EVERY other aspect of driving a vehicle.

It still floors me how surprised people are by the rawness of driving a Bronco (especially with a soft top). Buy a severely compromised, task specific, vehicle and try to make it a daily driver....of course you will be disappointed.

The 4Runner sounds like it's more up your alley long term.
Mine is a daily driver, coming from an F150 and I love it. Maybe a slight noise compromise, but driving, handling, acceleration is completely contemporary. Even the soft top BB SQ I drove was 100% gtg as a daily driver IMO. My last Jeep and the one I tried to replace it with, not so much 🤤
Sponsored

OP
OP
4runner

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a very schizophrenic thread.

I do better when I know if I should be happy or angry for the OP.
I'm frankly surprised the admin let me on with a handle like 4runner on a bronco thread, the point is I don't agree with most of you that you cannot compare a bronco to a 4runner you certainly can and should compare the two with no comparison you can't improve things very easily, comparison is important IMO.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well they may at times feel cheap, I agree, but they are super refined cars, like everything works, some of the styling is extremely dated, when I first looked at a 4runner it looked dated even in 2016, then I bought one, its not cheap at all its super nice. I'll give you an example, take a look at the leather wrapped steering wheel of a 4runner vs the leather wrap on a Bronco, Ouch, yuck ewww ! That's grosss ! Toyota has amazing leather, the Cheap crap american version on the ford is some supplier they found that sold some dumb guy on the other side of a screen a version of cheap leather ! I like the bronco but it aint all that there are things about it I would run away from like the crooked bumper they put on my car !
You've gotta be careful in here. Posts like these bring out the fanbois...

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Its a very cool car, and a very good looking car, practically speaking I am not sure yet where it lies, its somewhere inbetween OK and below average for city driving, its hard to get in and out of the car, and its hard to use the factory step, it feels very nice once you are in though.
It sounds like you didn’t know what you were buying. Also there are plenty of engineering flaws with the 4Runner made even worse by the length of time it has been in production with no major changes/upgrades. It’s not a fair comparison between the two. You should be talking about vs an explorer or Jeep GC. Removable doors and roof vs a fixed roof and door is not even close to apples to apples. It like comparing a gt350 to an accord coupe. They both are sporty and have 2 doors but that’s where it ends.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You've gotta be careful in here. Posts like these bring out the fanbois...
The leather is better on the steering wheel?! Seriously wow. That’s an opinion and not a good one. Please tell me about the rich Corinthian leather on the 4Runner and what makes it better than the broncos?

OP
OP
4runner

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It sounds like you didn’t know what you were buying. Also there are plenty of engineering flaws with the 4Runner made even worse by the length of time it has been in production with no major changes/upgrades. It’s not a fair comparison between the two. You should be talking about vs an explorer or Jeep GC. Removable doors and roof vs a fixed roof and door is not even close to apples to apples. It like comparing a gt350 to an accord coupe. They both are sporty and have 2 doors but that’s where it ends.
I bought the bronco because of its good looks, it looks amazing its a nice car to drive too feels nice, I think most people take the comparisons the wrong way.

OP
OP
4runner

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The leather is better on the steering wheel?! Seriously wow. That’s an opinion and not a good one. Please tell me about the rich Corinthian leather on the 4Runner and what makes it better than the broncos?
Oh Lord !

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco and the 4Runner are not competitors.

I wouldn't go buy a Wrangler, jump in that forum and say this is nothing like an Explorer.....

They both have IFS and 4 wheel drive, that's about where the similarities end....

Hears hoping the 2023 4Runner is badass or they bring back the FJ, but until then....:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

OP
OP
4runner

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Bronco and the 4Runner are not competitors.

I wouldn't go buy a Wrangler, jump in that forum and say this is nothing like an Explorer.....

They both have IFS and 4 wheel drive, that's about where the similarities end....

Hears hoping the 2023 4Runner is badass or they bring back the FJ, but until then....:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:
And I am not speaking of the interest of the automaker but the consumer, its similar but not the same thing.

Sponsored
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the most entertaining thread I've ever read on here. People waiting for years or months for their Broncos and the OP strolls in with two of them singing the virtues of a 4Runner. People struggle to process it all. Arguments ensue. Heads explode.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think alot of buyers got the bronco because its the in truck to have now,it has many quirks and alot of people are going to be disappointed its not like their old toyota,audi,Mercedes ect

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can anyone explain to me why above the step and on all Broncos I have seen where the body mates to the frame at least where it can be seen, there are silly holes and an unfinished horrific look ? I mean it looks super janky, I'm thinking of putting some trailer park lights down there on a strip to cover that area and make it look respectable. Anyone else noticed this ?
Did you ever look at your 4Runner? It has a pinch weld just the same.

OP
OP
4runner

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the most entertaining thread I've ever read on here. People waiting for years or months for their Broncos and the OP strolls in with two of them singing the virtues of a 4Runner. People struggle to process it all. Arguments ensue. Heads explode.
You get it !

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Got Our Bronco ! 1641412932266

Reliability is a known quality. I'm sure if you wanted to buy one right now you could without waiting needing a crystal ball to figure out when you'd get it. Currently has a more mature aftermarket.
Sponsored