Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be brief, but I just picked up my Badlands 4door sas from them and it was the most painless, easy car buying experience I've ever had. They had us out the door in a little over an hour, everything was ready ahead of time, and went super smoothly. That was super nice considering I had an 11+ hour drive home

Carlos was extremely responsive to everything I asked, he sent me daily shipping updates, and got back to me whenever I had questions. I'd be inclined to buy any Ford car from them after the way it went, even though I had to drive it 11 hours home. By far the best experience I've ever had buying a car.

Highly recommended!
Sponsored

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will be brief, but I just picked up my Badlands 4door sas from them and it was the most painless, easy car buying experience I've ever had. They had us out the door in a little over an hour, everything was ready ahead of time, and went super smoothly. That was super nice considering I had an 11+ hour drive home

Carlos was extremely responsive to everything I asked, he sent me daily shipping updates, and got back to me whenever I had questions. I'd be inclined to buy any Ford car from them after the way it went, even though I had to drive it 11 hours home. By far the best experience I've ever had buying a car.

Highly recommended!
Let's see those pics.

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll get some photos when I get outside with it again, all I got yesterday were pictures under the canopy at a gas station since I was in such a hurry to get out :)

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are some pictures.
Ford Bronco Great Southern Bronco Deal! Bronco1

Ford Bronco Great Southern Bronco Deal! bronco2

As my profile indicates, I live in Western NC, so I had a fairly long drive ahead of me. It took ~13 hours for me to get back, including traffic and stopping for food. I'm coming from a 2016 Subaru Outback, which is the main car I've driven the last 6 years. I have had trucks and SUVs previously: gen1 Xterra, 79 CJ7, RAM 1500, etc, but none of it recent.

It took some adjustment getting used to driving such a tall vehicle especially around the narrow roads on Atlanta where there was construction, but I thought it did great on the highway. It only got a little noisy and weird at 80mph when there was wind and rain, aside from that, you could get up to speed and not realize how fast you were going. It was remarkably stable, even when passed by semis, it didn't rock or get uncomfortable, which is interesting considering my Subaru would in some cases. Hitting bumps at speed on the road was also no issue, with little to no wandering around. I found the drive to be very responsive. The turning radius is also great, I anticipated it being like my last truck, which had problems going through drive throughs sometimes, but it turns as well as or close to my Subaru.

I mentioned this in another thread, but the adaptive cruise control worked great. I have no complaints about it, but the lane assistance needs some work. It is very jerky and inconsistent compared to my Subaru and my wife's CRV. I would be very cautious using this on wet roads, in snow, or on curvy roads like we have here in the mountains. It feels like it is harder to overpower and put driver override input in compared to others I've used, I ended up disabling it. It also will throw a LOT of "Keep hands on wheels" warnings, even when you have them on the wheel, I concluded it detects whether it thinks you are not steering based on input alone instead of resistance to steering motions like the Subaru. I would see this alert 4-5 times in several minutes sometimes on long straight stretches of road. IMO this needs adjusted.

It's been a while since I had a vehicle with large tires like this, they did fine in the rain and I had a near miss on a curvy road where I had to slam on the brakes quickly. The Bronco stopped very quickly and it wasn't uncomfortable or jarring feeling. That said, they seem to hydroplane more than I would expect, so you have to be careful hitting larger puddles at speed.

Carplay and the infotainment system worked great the whole time. I really appreciated how easy it is to use and it is very intuitive. It doesn't feel like you have to move around 5 different contextual menus to do anything, especially if you want to switch to another phone. My wife's car requires some juggling to do this, but the Bronco has a specific menu you select from the Carplay screen, which is nice. My GPS did quirk out a little bit at first, so I used the phones GPS, but eventually it seemed to straighten itself out. I think the defaults on the settings could be a little better, things like ambient lighting I completely overlooked and wished I hadn't when I was first setting up the car. Keep in mind that I was specifically aimed at getting out of the dealership as fast as possible, so I didn't want to walk through stuff like that, I'm sure I would've picked up on it had I not been so impatient to leave, that is on me, not them. That said, I found it all very intuitive and easy to configure.

Heated seats work great, they require some tweaking. The jump from 3 to 2 is like going from a hot McDonalds apple pie on the roof of your mouth to lukewarm coffee, but they work better than any heated seats I've used except for Porsche. They get hot enough to feel and stay that way, which is more than the majority of heated seats I've used did.

I averaged about 17-18mpg, it dropped when I turned the ACC off to drive on a very curvy and very wet road. Avg oil temp was around 205 and transmission temp around 192 IIRC. I kept an eye on it to be sure there were no abnormal spikes.

I have a few minor complaints. The switch for the headlights is in a bad location, it is easy to hit it with your knee and shut them off or switch it from auto to something else, which I had happen 3 times, so you have to keep an eye on that.

The lack of foglights standard is a major flaw IMO. I drove late at night in the rain and fog, it made visibility really difficult. This is the first car I've owned in 20 years that hasn't had foglights and I am adding them ASAP. IMO Ford should have made this standard. I get that they expect people to add their own and customize, so make them removable or changeable, but this was a major safety issue for me last night since the area I live is constantly socked in with fog and rain. There were times I was struggling to find the lines. The fact I'll likely have to use an aux switch for these is also annoying, as most cars I've had automatically turn them on/off with the high/low beams.

I've ordered ditch lights and fog lights, from Diode and Baja respectively, so I will be wiring those in as soon as they show up. I was planning on lifting it and putting 37s on, but after seeing how high it is in person, I changed my mind. I may do some Trail Grapplers at some point, but I'm not going to lift it and put larger tires on for a while, if ever.

After I get some time in, I'll run it off road here and see how things go, but I need to adjust to the modes and get a little further past breakin.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are some pictures.

As my profile indicates, I live in Western NC, so I had a fairly long drive ahead of me. It took ~13 hours for me to get back, including traffic and stopping for food. I'm coming from a 2016 Subaru Outback, which is the main car I've driven the last 6 years. I have had trucks and SUVs previously: gen1 Xterra, 79 CJ7, RAM 1500, etc, but none of it recent.

It took some adjustment getting used to driving such a tall vehicle especially around the narrow roads on Atlanta where there was construction, but I thought it did great on the highway. It only got a little noisy and weird at 80mph when there was wind and rain, aside from that, you could get up to speed and not realize how fast you were going. It was remarkably stable, even when passed by semis, it didn't rock or get uncomfortable, which is interesting considering my Subaru would in some cases. Hitting bumps at speed on the road was also no issue, with little to no wandering around. I found the drive to be very responsive. The turning radius is also great, I anticipated it being like my last truck, which had problems going through drive throughs sometimes, but it turns as well as or close to my Subaru.

I mentioned this in another thread, but the adaptive cruise control worked great. I have no complaints about it, but the lane assistance needs some work. It is very jerky and inconsistent compared to my Subaru and my wife's CRV. I would be very cautious using this on wet roads, in snow, or on curvy roads like we have here in the mountains. It feels like it is harder to overpower and put driver override input in compared to others I've used, I ended up disabling it. It also will throw a LOT of "Keep hands on wheels" warnings, even when you have them on the wheel, I concluded it detects whether it thinks you are not steering based on input alone instead of resistance to steering motions like the Subaru. I would see this alert 4-5 times in several minutes sometimes on long straight stretches of road. IMO this needs adjusted.

It's been a while since I had a vehicle with large tires like this, they did fine in the rain and I had a near miss on a curvy road where I had to slam on the brakes quickly. The Bronco stopped very quickly and it wasn't uncomfortable or jarring feeling. That said, they seem to hydroplane more than I would expect, so you have to be careful hitting larger puddles at speed.

Carplay and the infotainment system worked great the whole time. I really appreciated how easy it is to use and it is very intuitive. It doesn't feel like you have to move around 5 different contextual menus to do anything, especially if you want to switch to another phone. My wife's car requires some juggling to do this, but the Bronco has a specific menu you select from the Carplay screen, which is nice. My GPS did quirk out a little bit at first, so I used the phones GPS, but eventually it seemed to straighten itself out. I think the defaults on the settings could be a little better, things like ambient lighting I completely overlooked and wished I hadn't when I was first setting up the car. Keep in mind that I was specifically aimed at getting out of the dealership as fast as possible, so I didn't want to walk through stuff like that, I'm sure I would've picked up on it had I not been so impatient to leave, that is on me, not them. That said, I found it all very intuitive and easy to configure.

Heated seats work great, they require some tweaking. The jump from 3 to 2 is like going from a hot McDonalds apple pie on the roof of your mouth to lukewarm coffee, but they work better than any heated seats I've used except for Porsche. They get hot enough to feel and stay that way, which is more than the majority of heated seats I've used did.

I averaged about 17-18mpg, it dropped when I turned the ACC off to drive on a very curvy and very wet road. Avg oil temp was around 205 and transmission temp around 192 IIRC. I kept an eye on it to be sure there were no abnormal spikes.

I have a few minor complaints. The switch for the headlights is in a bad location, it is easy to hit it with your knee and shut them off or switch it from auto to something else, which I had happen 3 times, so you have to keep an eye on that.

The lack of foglights standard is a major flaw IMO. I drove late at night in the rain and fog, it made visibility really difficult. This is the first car I've owned in 20 years that hasn't had foglights and I am adding them ASAP. IMO Ford should have made this standard. I get that they expect people to add their own and customize, so make them removable or changeable, but this was a major safety issue for me last night since the area I live is constantly socked in with fog and rain. There were times I was struggling to find the lines. The fact I'll likely have to use an aux switch for these is also annoying, as most cars I've had automatically turn them on/off with the high/low beams.

I've ordered ditch lights and fog lights, from Diode and Baja respectively, so I will be wiring those in as soon as they show up. I was planning on lifting it and putting 37s on, but after seeing how high it is in person, I changed my mind. I may do some Trail Grapplers at some point, but I'm not going to lift it and put larger tires on for a while, if ever.

After I get some time in, I'll run it off road here and see how things go, but I need to adjust to the modes and get a little further past breakin.
Congrats! I wasn’t sure about VB, but it looks great here! I don’t see anything in your post…which engine did you get, and how do you like it?

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats! I wasn’t sure about VB, but it looks great here! I don’t see anything in your post…which engine did you get, and how do you like it?
I got the 2.7. It is great. Very responsive. I haven't really punched it yet during the breakin window, but the few times I gave it even half throttle, it surprised me how much power it had.
Sponsored