Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Badlands and would like to order a Black Diamond grill from Ford Parts using my rewards points. The Black Diamond grill does not come with the Bronco letters. I'd like to remove the letters from the Badlands grill and put them on the Black Diamond grill.

Question: Has anyone replaced the Bronco letters on a grill? If so, can you provide some details on the procedure? Or maybe tell be a better idea!

OR am I wrong and the OEM grill comes with letters?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you search, there are plenty of how-tos on how to remove the grill letters. (Try youtube). If you need a specific search, look up how people replace them with oracle light up grill letters.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you search, there are plenty of how-tos on how to remove the grill letters. (Try youtube). If you need a specific search, look up how people replace them with oracle light up grill letters.
Yes I watched a youtube video where a guy showed how he was drilling out the plastic pins that hold the letters to the grill. And then to re-install he used screws in the pin holes he had drilled. Here is the video, starting where he is drilling to remove the letters from the grill:

Last edited:

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The letters do not come with the grill, but can be had from Ford in several colors. I believe they're also available on Amazon as well. You can find plenty of removal videos, but replacing them might be a challenge. I recommend using speed nuts to secure them (if they have the locating posts on back) - instead of (or in addition to) double sided tape.

Personally, I'd leave my OEM grill letters alone and just get new ones.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Badlands and would like to order a Black Diamond grill from Ford Parts using my rewards points. The Black Diamond grill does not come with the Bronco letters. I'd like to remove the letters from the Badlands grill and put them on the Black Diamond grill.

Question: Has anyone replaced the Bronco letters on a grill? If so, can you provide some details on the procedure? Or maybe tell be a better idea!

OR am I wrong and the OEM grill comes with letters?
After you drill out the pins from the backside they can be put on the new grill with good quality 2 sided trim tape. That stuff will stick them on and lasts forever. That’s how our body shop did it when the letters were on back order for a while.

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There will be many people in the Marketplace willing to swap a BD grill for a BL grill and pay a reasonable price difference. If you donthst you will have a grill with letters.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you have the High/Lux Badlands, then you'll have the front camera. Not sure the BD Grill will accommodate the front camera. Shouldn't be too hard to retrofit.

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, Porsche GT3RS, Honda CBR1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I recently decieded to try paint match my wheel colour to the Bronco letters.

Managed to find an easier solution than replacing OEM letters. Rather than replace them, just get adhesive caps that stick ontop.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185847993291

I bought these in black and just got them resprayed at a local garage. Turned out pretty good :)
Ford Bronco Grill Letters Question WhatsApp Image 2023-11-05 at 5.00.29 PM

Ford Bronco Grill Letters Question WhatsApp Image 2023-11-05 at 5.00.29 PM (1)

Ford Bronco Grill Letters Question WhatsApp Image 2023-11-05 at 5.00.30 PM

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OEM letters are held in place with plastic rivets. You have to drill those out to remove the letters.

Once removed, you need to grind/cut the remainder of the rivet plus some plastic locating pins down to get a flat surface. It’s soft plastic - not hard to get even.

Once you have it even, 3M tape works fine.

All that said - probably easier to just order new ones that already come with 3M tape ready to go

OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Black Diamond grill on a Badlands Bronco

Got it done. Ordered a new grill from Ford. Then ordered replacement letters from UPR Products. Worked like a charm! They mount just like factory letters. I'll have a how to video coming out this week on my channel.

I can confirm, not all grills are swappable. I had to do a touch of trimming to make it fit.

UPR Products Bronco Letters

Ford Bronco Grill Letters Question Untitled desi

Ford Bronco Grill Letters Question Untitled design (1)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks good, Brian. Interested to see/hear what "trimming" was required. I have a BD grill that I want to put on my OBX. But the hurdle is the camera on the OBX. I wasn't aware of additional "trimming".

OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good, Brian. Interested to see/hear what "trimming" was required. I have a BD grill that I want to put on my OBX. But the hurdle is the camera on the OBX. I wasn't aware of additional "trimming".
I have a video coming out in a few days with step by step instructions. I'll post it on the forums as well. :)

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That was an easy hurdle to clear...
Ford Bronco Grill Letters Question DSCF4307.JPG

Ford Bronco Grill Letters Question DSCF4310.JPG

So the photos aren't IG worthy, but they suffice to show the grill swap that I did yesterday. I have a Black Diamond with capable bumper and an OBX HIGH package with modular bumper. End result is the OBX grill on the Black Diamond - a combination that likely will never be seen. And vice versa - Black Diamond grill with front camera on the OBX.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this the part number to the OEM Grill letters?

M2DZ-8A224-AAPTM
Sponsored