First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, what’s the official solution on the incorrect terminal width for the defrost?

I’m all about avoiding logos - wish that was clear. Could have certainly been more inconspicuous. Even a simple S would have sufficed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, what’s the official solution on the incorrect terminal width for the defrost?

I’m all about avoiding logos - wish that was clear. Could have certainly been more inconspicuous. Even a simple S would have sufficed.
we are procuring parts to make the extension wire. Is 5cm sufficient?

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't get the logo complaint. It's not that big compared to the old message that says objects in this mirror closer than they appear. Everyone need clam down. Hope the wiring issue gets solved.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
we are procuring parts to make the extension wire. Is 5cm sufficient?
It’s not the length. The pins on your mirror are much narrower than stock, so they don’t stay put and slip right off. Talking defrost, not BLIS.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s not the length. The pins on your mirror are much narrower than stock, so they don’t stay put and slip right off. Talking defrost, not BLIS.
I'm assuming the wires will also act as an adapter for the size difference

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm assuming the wires will also act as an adapter for the size difference
Yes, one end of the wire has the adapter connecting the OEM defroster pins. The other end of the wire connects to suma defroster pins.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, one end of the wire has the adapter connecting the OEM defroster pins. The other end of the wire connects to suma defroster pins.
Will you be sending those out to all of the orders that have already shipped?

Tallfry

Wildtrak
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok, so I agree that you shouldn’t have to do these thing to make a 3rd party product fit, but I live by “improvise, adapt, overcome.” Here are some tips for a successful install:

1 - The thin black defrost wire connections pull right off the OEM posts. The block harness BLIS connection, however, needs you to take a pair of needle nose pliers and bend out the retention tabs holding the harness in place, then you can depress the small tab on the harness with your thumb and pull it out.
2 - The OEM Defrost connections wire is tucked into a support hook in the back corner of the mirror. Take your needle nose pliers, grip the wire near that hook and push the wire into the mirror cap and out and around the hook. Then you’ll have plenty of wire length to the new defrost wire connections.
3 -The OEM defrost connections are a bit bigger than the posts on the SUMA mirror. Take your needle nose pliers and squeeze the ends of the connectors a bit so the internal metal tabs bend in a bit. Then the connectors will have enough friction to stay on the SUMA posts nicely.
9964622F-256D-410E-BF51-9A074452B4B0.jpeg
45CBBDC6-6858-42C8-87FC-3FF2EA9CC927.jpeg
0D41F084-1811-4516-B1F8-3F465ED372B9.jpeg
55A3FDFD-7DF4-41F0-8091-CCADE6970261.jpeg
40966D4F-6099-4A12-846B-2174F17B31D9.jpeg

54D8BB84-B731-402C-8A6D-4519FD1D67F0.jpeg
This exactly what we did, rerouted the wire and smashed the connector down with a trim tool pick. Really happy with the mirrors, much more visibility than stock. Should they have been perfect out of the box? Sure. Was it fixable? Yes.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't get the logo complaint. It's not that big compared to the old message that says objects in this mirror closer than they appear. Everyone need clam down. Hope the wiring issue gets solved.
This exactly what we did, rerouted the wire and smashed the connector down with a trim tool pick. Really happy with the mirrors, much more visibility than stock. Should they have been perfect out of the box? Sure. Was it fixable? Yes.

I’m with you guys. The logos don’t bother me and the defrost pins were easily crimped to fit the thinner terminals. Adapt and proceed. I knew what I was getting into with a 30% discount on a preorder. If I paid full price on a stocked item I might have been more upset. I’m getting used to the less magnification on the driver side but it’s quite an adjustment at first. Overall I’m happy. I have my stock mirrors if I want to switch back and sell these at some point.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was all in until I saw the post for the logo on an install, still debating. It's not terrible but it is something I look at constantly when driving. Etched or similar color I can live with. Other things that have logos I'm not looking at constantly. Is the design issue fixed?

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Umm. Yes it’s a length issue as well don’t speak for all of us. My wires are at least 12-13cm away

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was all in until I saw the post for the logo on an install, still debating. It's not terrible but it is something I look at constantly when driving. Etched or similar color I can live with. Other things that have logos I'm not looking at constantly. Is the design issue fixed?
To me that’s ridiculous. “Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear” is printed much bigger than the suma logo

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To me that’s ridiculous. “Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear” is printed much bigger than the suma logo
Agreed on the logo. For the wire, follow my instruction on page 3, there’s plenty of length in the wire, you just need to unhook it toward the back corner of the cap.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

maybe. personally i try to avoid ads and branding. even on the bronco i match or remove badging.

meh what the hell i'm in. the photo ruz has it doesn't look too bad on blue.
Sponsored

Reactions: RUZ
Status
Not open for further replies.