Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

More photos added Nov 7th.

Excellent way to spend Sunday weather was sunny and cool. We started on the Rubicon trail at Loon Lake and went to Little Sluice and back. Wheeling was amazing two of us even tried the Soup Bowl one two door and one four door it was a no go. If we had more time I would have liked to try a different line. Only carnage was a front steering rack broke at the end of the day, glad it was not deep in or he would have been out of luck.

Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice thumbnail
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice thumbnail (13)
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice thumbnail (12)
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice thumbnail (10)
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice thumbnail (1)
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice thumbnail (10)
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice thumbnail (9)
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice thumbnail (7)
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice thumbnail (4)
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice thumbnail (5)
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice thumbnail (3)
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice thumbnail (1)
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice PXL_20221030_180203716
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice PXL_20221030_182045781
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice PXL_20221030_182124611
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice PXL_20221030_184314817
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice thumbnail (14)
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice PXL_20221030_204202871
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice PXL_20221030_182832054
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice 20221030_111307
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice 20221030_140353
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice 20221030_140207
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice 20221030_140151
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice PXL_20221030_212220242
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice 20221030_151818
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice PXL_20221030_223317166.MP

IMG_5088.JPG

IMG_5083.JPG

IMG_5110.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excellent way to spend Sunday weather was sunny and cool. We started on the Rubicon trail at Loon Lake and went to Little Sluice and back. Wheeling was amazing two of us even tried the Soup Bowl one two door and one four door it was a no go. If we had more time I would have liked to try a different line. Only carnage was a front steering rack broke at the end of the day, glad it was not deep in or he would have been out of luck.

Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice IMG_5110.JPG
Ford Bronco Group of Broncos on Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Little Sluice IMG_5110.JPG
Oh hell yeah!

Really curious how much belly scrape you got out there... and if you hung up on anything? If so, what?

Also... what climbing/crawling advantages or disadvantages did you notice between the 2dr vs the 4dr?

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tell us more about how they were equipped? please
I have the grey 4 door Badlands. 37x13.5 Coopers. 2” suspension lift via 4wp coil overs and 3” body lift. LOD transmission skid plate and the rest stock ford skids with Broncbuster steering upgrades. Did fine, a lot easier with the mods then running it when I was a stock.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the grey 4 door Badlands. 37x13.5 Coopers. 2” suspension lift via 4wp coil overs and 3” body lift. LOD transmission skid plate and the rest stock ford skids with Broncbuster steering upgrades. Did fine, a lot easier with the mods then running it when I was a stock.
Thanks! Blue with Rally Stripes? What brand of sliders?

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! Blue with Rally Stripes? What brand of sliders?
Stage 8 icon, 3/4” body lift, relocated rear axle coilover bolt hole, next venture belly skids, sliders and diff skid. 37s and ford beadlocks.

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tell us more about how they were equipped? please
The two door, no full skid plate. I will let the others post if they want.

Roof lighting, Rigid Industries 40 inch Curved RDS Sr-series Pro Spot Light Bar PN 88431.

4 Wheel Parts Factory Ford Bronco Rear Bumper with Rigid-industries-d-series-pro-flood-surface-mount-led-light-pods-202113 and Smittybilt-delta-d-ring-4-75-ton-black-99047.

Warn winch on JCR plate

BFG ATS 305's

Rear shock skid plates.

Exhaust MRT Trail Rated Axle-back Turn Down Tip 90R232.

ZROADZ Slider Side Steps for 2 Door Model - PN# Z745421

Front Lights on the modular bumper.
Rigid-industries-sr-m-series-pro-flood-surface-mount-led-light-902113.
Rigid-industries-d-series-pro-spot-surface-mount-led-light-pods-202213.
Rigid-industries-d-series-surface-mount-flood-led-lights-amber-202123.

Zone one inch leveling kit. still not level do to the winch.

ARB M220 Dana 44 Rear Differential Cover.

BORA 1 1/4 inch wheel spacers, Black Aluminum.

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great pics and looks like a fun time - other than the rack.

I'm hoping to get up there next spring/summer. It's been about 12 years since I've been. I'll keep an eye out for future trips.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great pics and looks like a fun time - other than the rack.

I'm hoping to get up there next spring/summer. It's been about 12 years since I've been. I'll keep an eye out for future trips.
Hi we will cross post to the bay area club next year. I grew up in south bay. Hope to see you on the trail.

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stage 8 icon, 3/4” body lift, relocated rear axle coilover bolt hole, next venture belly skids, sliders and diff skid. 37s and ford beadlocks.
How do you like the Icon suspension? That is what I am thinking on my 2 door (when I get it). How does it go down the road and also handle the rocks? I am in Moab, so it will be used mostly for rock crawling, and I thought going with stage 7 would be best for me. I will also be on 37s.

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you like the Icon suspension? That is what I am thinking on my 2 door (when I get it). How does it go down the road and also handle the rocks? I am in Moab, so it will be used mostly for rock crawling, and I thought going with stage 7 would be best for me. I will also be on 37s.
I love it. Rides really nice on road and off, has a ton of articulation. The cdev set up is super slick. So nice being able to change how the shocks act just off your phone. The couple super rocky trails I’ve done it’s eaten it all up without much fuss.

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh hell yeah!

Really curious how much belly scrape you got out there... and if you hung up on anything? If so, what?

Also... what climbing/crawling advantages or disadvantages did you notice between the 2dr vs the 4dr?
Excellent questions. I was scraping way more than four doors, and did get hung up on one big rock it was late in the day with the sun setting and I took the wrong line. My disadvantage is not enough clearance. I have only 35s or technically 34.6" with stock SAS lift, the Broncos with added lift and 37s had so much more clearance. My advantage is the short wheel base can make tighter turns to miss some of the bigger rocks. I did not want to go to 37s however I need the height so I will be installing collars or the new Eibach springs. Once all this is done I should be better on the large rocks.