jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford engineers (with good spotters) took a few of them through it during testing. Armor up and send it!

Ford corp didnt get very far into the rubicon - I know for a fact, did not do the full trail - also a video showcasing this that they did not have a recovery rig to pull them out
Sponsored

OP
OP
jasonf

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for posting. I checked out your ride in Lodi earlier this year good to see you off roading.
Thank you - hope to see you on the trails

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

looked like a cool trip, watched the video that was posted.

A little Off topic, but if anyone wants to see a good-funny video on the Rubicon, Fred and Dave from Dirt Every Day took an old Willys jeep and a stock chevy pick up through it a few seasons ago, and the damage was epic....

Rupertlr

Base
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj80
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think a Sasquatch bronco would be just fine. I did it two years ago in a fj cruiser with stock skid plates/sliders, rear locker, leveling kit and 33’s. Skipped the crazy obstacles. No body damage But the skids and sliders got a work out. Never got a winch or tug. Also had a jk unlimited on 33s with the group. no lockers. Did the whole thing with no winch or tug. Didn’t have any sliders and got minimal rocker damage. Just take your time, go with a wheeling buddy, avoid the busy weekends, and have fun.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love my 22 bronco but i dont think it could handle fordyce trail.I did it in a cj7 with 33s came home and built it went back and it was still hard just broke alot less stuff.
Like i said love the bronco but those rocks are much more suited to a sfa rig ,dessert running with the bronco for the win.

Sponsored

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford corp didnt get very far into the rubicon - I know for a fact, did not do the full trail - also a video showcasing this that they did not have a recovery rig to pull them out
Those videos are show them getting all the way into Buck?? From Loon to Buck is the more difficult section of the trail.

OP
OP
jasonf

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I love my 22 bronco but i dont think it could handle fordyce trail.I did it in a cj7 with 33s came home and built it went back and it was still hard just broke alot less stuff.
Like i said love the bronco but those rocks are much more suited to a sfa rig ,dessert running with the bronco for the win.
Agreed Fordyce is tuff - not suited for a bronco - We are going to test some new parts and see how it all responds.

Dannebrog53

Wildtrak
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you ! I dont know why people thinking its fine to take a stock sasquatch bronco into the rubicon its just to low with 35 inch tires and no lift - to each there own !

The Fordyce trail is next on our list and understand the difficulty and making even more modifications to go the full distance.
The more armor/skidplates the better and really good rock rails, preferably mounted to the frame. Most of the extreme challenges have bypasses but they're also very difficult. As I mentioned pick your line carefully. Best time to go is just after the CA4WDC Sierra Trek because PG&E restricts the water flow in Fordyce Creek for about 2 weeks afterwards, otherwise your rig can easily get swamped trying to cross at the water crossings. It's a great trail and it'll leave you drained but so worth it

OP
OP
jasonf

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The more armor/skidplates the better and really good rock rails, preferably mounted to the frame. Most of the extreme challenges have bypasses but they're also very difficult. As I mentioned pick your line carefully. Best time to go is just after the CA4WDC Sierra Trek because PG&E restricts the water flow in Fordyce Creek for about 2 weeks afterwards, otherwise your rig can easily get swamped trying to cross at the water crossings. It's a great trail and it'll leave you drained but so worth it
Yep and the bronco alternator on bottom of engine does not help with water crossing 🤔 great tips thanks

Dannebrog53

Wildtrak
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well that's unfortunate because I really plan to. But I'll have full skids, which, and rock rails so I guess we'll see.
Check out the Lite Brite video with Loren Healy taking his Badlands 4 door over the Rubicon it’ll give you a good idea of the lack of droop and how it affects crawling. Instead of 4 tires on the ground you’ll often only have 3 or occasionally 2. This is where the front and rear selectable lockers help some.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seeing this older post makes me miss the Trail. Is going to be a late season with all the snow this year. Big sluice will probably have snow in it until July. Looking forward to seeing you out there this year.
Sponsored