Sponsored

Gun / Firearm Racks & Storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions]

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Has anyone ran across any information on gun racks for the Bronco?
I think the tuffy security storage drawer for the cargo area may work. Also I remember a few early threads back in Aug where a few Jeep guys had some pretty interesting setups.
Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He sounds like the wise old rancher that I know in CO, same lesson.

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Current Plans:
.45 on a magnetic mount, lower dash in front of right knee.

I am ordering a 2 door. I don't have the details figured out yet, but I plan to mount 2 Kolpin Rhino Grips to the baby seat attachments on the back of the rear seats. With the window tint, you can't see a gun mounted here. (when roof is off, I won't carry a rifle)

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

He sounds like the wise old rancher that I know in CO, same lesson.
A coworker learned that lesson from her old man while living up in the hills around here as a young girl. Solid advice when you're living fully rural.

Last edited:

TK-421

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Definitely picking up a 3D printer to design something to go in place of the center console grab handle.
Pay attention to material types. The most widely used hobby 3DP plastic is PLA, and the lower end of its softening range can overlap the higher end of hot-vehicle-in-summer range. Materials that are suitable are definitely accessible, but maybe not a great first choice to someone new to printing.

Not an insurmountable obstacle, just something to plan for.

(On the bright side, you do have several months to get it all figured out.)

Pwn your tech!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thats also how I understood it. It looks to form a cage that’s only accessible when the rear gate is open.

On my Jeep, the interior electric lock buttons are disabled after a few minutes, so even if you leave the top off, as long as you remembered to lock the vehicle, someone can’t open the rear gate without a key/key fob.

This may or may not meet your requirements for secure storage, but implemented correctly it’s quite a clever solution. Basically gives you a lockable trunk when you’re driving around without a top.
This is a great idea and may be the only way to actually satisfy the laws for firearm transportation while topless where I live, unless there is room beneath the rear seats to bolt down a locking box? When the seat bottom flips up and the seat back folds down would there likely still be a gap underneath?

talent_MAIN_R5_second_talent_P1.jpg

TroutTrooper

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2001 Jeep Wrangler, 1988 Ranger (SVO swap), 1974 Super Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pay attention to material types. The most widely used hobby 3DP plastic is PLA, and the lower end of its softening range can overlap the higher end of hot-vehicle-in-summer range. Materials that are suitable are definitely accessible, but maybe not a great first choice to someone new to printing.
Good lookin out! Already looked into it a fair bit because I'm planning to print some motorcycle parts for a project I'm working on as well.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a great idea and may be the only way to actually satisfy the laws for firearm transportation while topless where I live, unless there is room beneath the rear seats to bolt down a locking box? When the seat bottom flips up and the seat back folds down would there likely still be a gap underneath?

talent_MAIN_R5_second_talent_P1.jpg
The space underneath the rear seats on the 4-door is where the seats collapse and pancake down into when folded. (the folding mechanism is different for the 2 and 4 doors)

You could put something down there, but you wouldn't be able to fold the seats down anymore.

Every time I try to get cute storing something underneath the rear seats in my Jeep about 6 weeks later you'll hear me swearing out in the driveway when I go to load in something long.

Ford Bronco Gun / Firearm Racks & Storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions] Cactus Gray 2021 Bronco 4 Door Rear Seats Folded Down 4

Last edited:

TroutTrooper

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2001 Jeep Wrangler, 1988 Ranger (SVO swap), 1974 Super Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is just an aside, but I really don’t recommend advertising in any way that you own firearms on your vehicle. Highly visible racks, stickers, etc. is a huge encouragement for thieves. You can scour my Jeep up and down and you’d never know that I hunt/own guns etc.

That being said, I would definitely like some sort of secure solution that’s discreet. What I’ve been thinking about is some sort of small storage deck the size of the tailgate table, that would give you a flat load floor and secure storage. Now that would be sweet!

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model