Sponsored

Gun / Firearm Racks & Storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions]

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This is a utv dog box from cabelas, dogs love it and I mounted an atv gun rack on the top to hold shotguns, has room for a ammo can and a gallon of water for the dogs

20240128_140229.jpg
I would like to see how you mounted your gun rack, I'm thinking of something like this on top of my kennels.

Ford Bronco Gun / Firearm Racks & Storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions] 1711332703524-iq
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think I'd prerfer a location where it wasn't visible.
I can see the upside to discretion, but I am currently in Florida and trying to blend in.

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No politics please. (also, no laughing at my .380 either 😉)

I am on the hunt for a small gun safe for the Bronco. My needs are a bit different as I roll with the hard top off for several months at a time.. Being topless, I think I need a little extra security..

In my old JK I had an under the seat safe that bolted into the seat to body bolts. It was very heavy duty and very secure. No such option for the Bronco that I can find.

I've considered the console safe but honestly that thing looks way to easy to pry open. I have not tested it, so maybe it's better than I think. I've also considered the rear cargo area safe which might be better as it's hidden under the rear cargo lift up mat area but this also looks like it would be very easy to pry open... There is also a headrest safe that looks okay.

These are the only options that I am aware of so feedback on those options, or if there are other options, would be great.

I don't need a quick draw / fast access option and am only looking for a very secure storage option. I have a CC permit so really the only time the firearm will be left in the Bronco is when going to areas where a firearm is not permitted.

The firearm is a Glock 42 .380 which is pretty small..

Thoughts for a topless Bronco?

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check out Mountains to Metal's tailgate safe.

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mountains to Metal's tailgate safe
Are you talking about their medicine cabinet? I did briefly look at that but I wonder how secure it is as all someone would need to do is unscrew a few screws and off they go with the entire unit....

Edit to add: I might give that another look.

I thought about trying to adapt a Jeep JK under the seat box but that does not look doable since the under seat floorboard area of the Bronco is full of humps and bumps...

Last edited:

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

if you've got a drawer system in the back, maybe stuff it in there? even with the doors off the tailgate still locks, so if the drawer butts up to the swing gate, you've got a little bit of security.

Gonzo

Outer Banks
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Really any safe is possible to open > will someone take the time to do it to your car without knowing it is in there is the real question?

I have the slipstream. Sure > someone can cut into the metal, but hopefully someone would notice!

I also have the safe in the cargo area, so if I were to carry and really be worried > I could use both.

The slipstream gives me confidence, but no more than someone breaking a window and taking something they really want.

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you've got a drawer system in the back, maybe stuff it in there? even with the doors off the tailgate still locks, so if the drawer butts up to the swing gate, you've got a little bit of security.
I don't as I have a Power Tank system in the rear. I'd love to be able to modify one of the Jeep under seat options and those were awesome, heavy duty and very secure. The one I had in my JK even had a lip so getting a prybar in there would have been next to impossible..

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really any safe is possible to open > will someone take the time to do it to your car without knowing it is in there is the real question?

I have the slipstream. Sure > someone can cut into the metal, but hopefully someone would notice!

I also have the safe in the cargo area, so if I were to carry and really be worried > I could use both.

The slipstream gives me confidence, but no more than someone breaking a window and taking something they really want.
Absolutely true but when a firearm is involved, I'd like to make it as difficult as possible for any potential thief..

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Although I am not a fan of security through obscurity, I think that being able to keep the storage unit out of the sight of prying eyes can be extremely helpful. Personally, two areas, the rear floor area provides a good place to build/mount a custom solution and under the hood is another option for a place to mount a small armored storage box. Other options would be to build something custom into the side of the door or the bottom of the seat. I really think that a custom solution is the right answer. I am thinking an armored storage box in the passenger seat like Vin Diesel's nitrous system in the original fast and furious.

Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No politics please. (also, no laughing at my .380 either 😉)

I am on the hunt for a small gun safe for the Bronco. My needs are a bit different as I roll with the hard top off for several months at a time.. Being topless, I think I need a little extra security..

In my old JK I had an under the seat safe that bolted into the seat to body bolts. It was very heavy duty and very secure. No such option for the Bronco that I can find.

I've considered the console safe but honestly that thing looks way to easy to pry open. I have not tested it, so maybe it's better than I think. I've also considered the rear cargo area safe which might be better as it's hidden under the rear cargo lift up mat area but this also looks like it would be very easy to pry open... There is also a headrest safe that looks okay.

These are the only options that I am aware of so feedback on those options, or if there are other options, would be great.

I don't need a quick draw / fast access option and am only looking for a very secure storage option. I have a CC permit so really the only time the firearm will be left in the Bronco is when going to areas where a firearm is not permitted.

The firearm is a Glock 42 .380 which is pretty small..

Thoughts for a topless Bronco?
So I have a hardtop and use a cable lock connected to a V-Line handgun safe. I stash it under my drivers seat. But it can "slip out" from under my seat from time to time. If you have the top open and/or the doors off, this probably won't work for you.

https://www.deansafe.com/collections/handgun-safes/products/vli-279-s

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs