First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone used or have thoughts on the light bars at harbor freight. I know that HF products are Hf products, but for someone that would rarely use it but wanted the look and the ability to use it if needed, do they suck?
Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
People actually like the look of light bars?? I dunno. Just don't get it. To me light bars scream Pep Boys slapped on. And the people that use them don't use them for their intended purpose. If I wanted additional lighting for off-roading I would go with some nice round spots.

OP
OP

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People actually like the look of light bars?? I dunno. Just don't get it. To me light bars scream Pep Boys slapped on. And the people that use them don't use them for their intended purpose. If I wanted additional lighting for off-roading I would go with some nice round spots.
Thank you for contributing nothing to this thread

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As with most HF stuff it's not the best quality but they do work OK. As with most HF items I normally spend the few extra bucks for the additional warranty...no questions asked exchanges for defective products.

Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I put my bumper on my Raptor I bought cheap ebay cube lights for it, I never use them so I didn't see any reason for spending a grand for lights to look pretty. Same for the fog lights, I bought the high dollar bracket because that's all I could fine, but I put cheaper cubes. If you light the light bar from HF buy it. It's you Bronco and your money. When mine comes in I will be putting cheaper lights in the bumper and on the A Pillar.

Redrooster33

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I donā€™t get when people think they are too cool and have to bring you down for asking a question. Man, I get what youā€™re after. Why spend a grand for something when 200 will get you the same look. Go for it! Iā€™m sure it works well enough. Let me know how you like it. Remember, you can always return it. Try to find YouTube reviews also. That may help. Enjoy! Be you, if you want a bad ass looking rig but dont want to get it dirty on the trail, itā€™s all good. Itā€™s your money. You worked for it. No one else did.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

HF is great for rarely used items or a tool you will only need once.
im sure the light bar would be adequate for a year or two and hold condensation, but if it works when you need it and donā€™t mind replacing a year or two later, it should be fine. Probably better than buying an expensive one and deciding you donā€™t like it or never use it.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't worry about how long it's going to last. You can buy 10 HF light bars for the price of a name brand one.

I'll be honest, I've been thinking about HF pod lights for my sideview mirror mounted ditch lights.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Even if purely decorative, cheap light bars tend to use cheaper plastic lenses that yellow and get cloudy over time

Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even if purely decorative, cheap light bars tend to use cheaper plastic lenses that yellow and get cloudy over time
Who cares? He can literally replace the light bar every year, for the life of his vehicle and still spend less on light bars from HF than buying a name brand.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just donā€™t be one of those people using it on the street.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as you don't get yourself into life/death situations after dark, go for it. I wouldn't do Black Bear Pass at night with em.

No one has an unlimited budget, so corners must be cut where they can. If you use your lighting 1-2 times a year and rarely off road at night, use that money for something better.

I'm always hesitant to cut corners on safety equipment.. but lights only matter if you're gonna use em.

Im a buy once/cry once type of guy, but there are exceptions to every rule. Use some of that saved money and get some traction boards. Way more useful for most people.

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bought me the harbor freight pod lights theyā€™re pretty nice it has spotlight in the front plus flood plus it has a light that will go off to the side like ditch lights I havenā€™t got my bronco yet to try it out but I bought them, new edit, I have it now and they are great

7B5734C8-89C2-4D13-9BDA-245D9BAAE899.jpeg

8EE38F75-5C77-4411-AD24-6288C48BCFAE.jpeg

Last edited:

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stay away at all costs. Bought a cheap Chinese light bar for my truck back when light bars first got popular and crappy relay almost burned it to the ground.

Anything with electrical is pretty much the last place to go cheap. Since you just want the look, youā€™ve either got to pay to play, or donā€™t pay at all. Please stay away from cheap light bars.

There are HF products you can get, and others you should stay away from. Light bars fall into the latter category.
Sponsored