Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, I have not heard anything bad about them until just now. If I end up getting one, hopefully I won't die? You know shrapnel and all.
This is off topic, but they are a mess and require a lot of upgrades to actually work and not leak or make a huge mess whenever you use it. You can modify it to not suck, but by the time you do, you'd have been better buying something that actually works properly. If you want a blast cabinet on the cheaper end of what is usually available, the barrel blaster is around $300 and works really well with none of the issues the HF blast cabinets have. The HF media also sucks, so I'd get decent media as well.

I doubt you'd die from it, but it isn't going to work right either. If you do die, it'll be slow from silicosis, but you should be using a respirator regardless of what cabinet you use anyway.

but yea, no way I'm trusting their winch. The issue with a lot of their products is poor design, which the winch doesn't seem to suffer from, however they also have QC issues and that is a roll of the dice no matter what it is. You can get lucky and get one that works flawlessly or get stranded because it slipped through the cracks.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you want Warn you can get a 10,000 lb 90' wire rope for $580 from Northern Tool

Synthetic 12k lb for $875

Still a lot less than from Ford but theoretically none will work on an OBX, even if relocated to not interfere with sensors but will still block the camera.

OP
OP
Dom

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I posted the sale because I know a couple of months back guys were talking about how these winches seem to be pretty good as well as a bargain compared to warn and such. I won't even have a my bronco until next year so, personally I'm in no rush. Just trying to contribute.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Back on sale today using code for 25% off. Save $162.50 off $649.99 = $487.50

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This has been beat about in depth on the JL forums for a few years now. Lot's of people, myself included, swear by the Apex Badland.
It's been around long enough now, that if there were design or systematic QC issues, it would be all over the off road forums. The truth is, it's a great winch for a great price. It's starting to feel like one of those 'ledgendary' products that just work well forever - not in GTX 1060 territory yet, but may be in another five years or so, if they continue to hold up as they have so far.

There is one video kind of slamming it. But look what he put it through to 'break' it. Overheated his Warn first, then (supposition) bent his winch plate, cracking the housing on the Badland - and was still easily repairable...

Video of trying to remove an aspin stump the wrong - and stupidly dangerous way:

Rant against the Badland:

Sponsored