First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That Badlands Jack is just too big, takes up too much room and adds more weight to an already heavy rig. Buy a good hydraulic bottle jack and forget it.
Second this.

I understand wanting the stability of a bigger jack so things don't fall on uneven ground, but..... I have a 3/8" metal plate I can bolt my bottle jack to if I need the added stability. And it takes up a ton less space than a floor jack. A couple hundred dollars cheaper too.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Second this.

I understand wanting the stability of a bigger jack so things don't fall on uneven ground, but..... I have a 3/8" metal plate I can bolt my bottle jack to if I need the added stability. And it takes up a ton less space than a floor jack. A couple hundred dollars cheaper too.
Agreed with this. In addition since I’m lifted I also bought the safe jack extensions and pads. You can buy the whole kit from safe jack or save a few bucks buying the bottle jack from Amazon.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed with this. In addition since I’m lifted I also bought the safe jack extensions and pads. You can buy the whole kit from safe jack or save a few bucks buying the bottle jack from Amazon.
I suspect that people who feel the need for a full size off road floor jack may travel in areas in which tire punctures are common. I understand that is not everyone.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I suspect that people who feel the need for a full size off road floor jack may travel in areas in which tire punctures are common. I understand that is not everyone.
I think the floor jack like HF Badlands or Pro Eagle is a bit of a flex for some. They get to show off their load out for the caffeine and octane crowd. And for the few instances that it might be needed, they are easy and familiar to operate.

The reality is that a bottle jack accomplishes the same thing. A base plate and extensions still take up less real estate but of course aren't as "sexy" to display.

Let's not forget that there are some who are painting their shovels and jacks to match. For them, it is just cosplay as they run errands to Costco.

Sponsored

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the floor jack like HF Badlands or Pro Eagle is a bit of a flex for some. They get to show off their load out for the caffeine and octane crowd. And for the few instances that it might be needed, they are easy and familiar to operate.

The reality is that a bottle jack accomplishes the same thing. A base plate and extensions still take up less real estate but of course aren't as "sexy" to display.

Let's not forget that there are some who are painting their shovels and jacks to match. For them, it is just cosplay as they run errands to Costco.
Oh yeah, a friend of mine has one of the old farm/railroad jacks all painted up to match the hinges on his jeep, looks god awful, at least too
me! The Badlands Jack does look nice but really is not worth the effort.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh yeah, a friend of mine has one of the old farm/railroad jacks all painted up to match the hinges on his jeep, looks god awful, at least too
me! The Badlands Jack does look nice but really is not worth the effort.
There was a FE owner here awhile ago that boasted about his Lightning Blue Hi-Lift. Looks really nice and they are incredibly useful tools if you know how to use them. But with the Bronco, there is no outer frame rail that is accessible for a lift point. So in his case, it was indeed cosplay.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While true for same if you are in conditions that require frequent wheel changes or jacking (maybe beadlocks) you have to admit the bottle jack may be slower.

But yes, for some it’s jewelry.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While true for same if you are in conditions that require frequent wheel changes or jacking (maybe beadlocks) you have to admit the bottle jack may be slower.

But yes, for some it’s jewelry.
Absolutely. The bottle jack will need to be positioned and likely incur dirty hands/knees. I never consider speed as a factor as I don't aspire to be in a NASCAR pit crew. But seeing how some plaster their vehicles with decals/stickers of manufacturer's names, they likely wish they were sponsored.

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There was a FE owner here awhile ago that boasted about his Lightning Blue Hi-Lift. Looks really nice and they are incredibly useful tools if you know how to use them. But with the Bronco, there is no outer frame rail that is accessible for a lift point. So in his case, it was indeed cosplay.
Yes, I was out in Buena Vista last year and saw a Badlands with a high-lift attached to his roof rack and thought how cute!😅

Sponsored

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I almost bought that kit. But it's a stock BD so I settled for an axle saddle for peace of mind. Hell the saddle was more expensive than the bottle jack and I was still well under a hundred bucks.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I almost bought that kit. But it's a stock BD so I settled for an axle saddle for peace of mind. Hell the saddle was more expensive than the bottle jack and I was still well under a hundred bucks.
Yup but once I lifted mine… the scissor jack became useless so I just bought a 12t pro lift off Amazon and the safe jack items

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely. The bottle jack will need to be positioned and likely incur dirty hands/knees. I never consider speed as a factor as I don't aspire to be in a NASCAR pit crew. But seeing how some plaster their vehicles with decals/stickers of manufacturer's names, they likely wish they were sponsored.
I think you are also discounting the added inherent stability of the floor jack.

Most of the jack mounts I saw were for inside of the bed (if you have a pickup) and such. But I get how you need to work through some anger issues with your therapist about how some people decorate their rigs.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yup but once I lifted mine… the scissor jack became useless so I just bought a 12t pro lift off Amazon and the safe jack items
Will you provide some details on your set up? Stands? Also what safe jack items? I see extension, screw collar, pad, base, etc.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will you provide some details on your set up? Stands? Also what safe jack items? I see extension, screw collar, pad, base, etc.
So for my set up based on my lift which is from attributed to Kings (I have it set to near the minimum so roughly 3" from Sasquatch height)

I have the following items from Safe Jack:
12 Ton Flat Jack Pad: 37M-SJAF12
12 Ton 6" Universal Lift Pad: 37M-SJR612
12 Ton Extension Collar: 37M-ESC12
12 Ton 3" Extension: 37M-SJE312 (But depending on your rig, you may have to determine if you need the 6". for changing a tire for example... you will want to be sure you can elevate enough so the tire that is being replaced is elevated off the ground so you need to account for the droop)

The Bottle jack I have is this one off amazon which is pretty much the same one in the Private Kit from Safe Jack.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DGW346G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for a base plate... i have the exitrax ultimate recovery board with this link that also is used as a bottle jack/hi lift pad (the bottle jack does not have a lot of surface area so on the trail you will need something to help support it so it does not tip over):
https://meanmother.com.au/collectio...ducts/exilink-linking-plate-and-4x4-jack-base

Now... with bottle jacks... highly highly recommend practicing on how to use them first rather than trying to figure it out on the trail if you need to change a tire or something. always (really with any jack/lift) you want to be on as flat of a terrain as possible. Know where the proper jack points are for your rig. I am no expert by any means, so other bottle jack users feel free to chime in with other pointers.
Sponsored