Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a similar problem with my 2023 Big Bend 2Dr manual. Built: 3/20/2023, Shipped: 3/23/2023, Delivered: 4/15/2023, Washington State. I noticed my headliner doing the same thing about a month ago even though I keep the Bronco in my garage when not in use. I've tried adding additional 3M adhesive with some success. The adhesive the Ford factory used for this application is just plain wrong, hopefully they can recommend a spray adhesive that works in all temperatures so those of us affected can resolve this issue quickly.

Just take it to your dealer and have them fix it under warranty. I have had no issues with mine after they did.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Somebody mentioned the old foam headliner that was sprayed in.

My old man was a great fan of broke-down 70's cars for driving to work. He had several real dog turds, like the crummy Mustang ||, Plymouth Volare, a probably not bad in it's heyday Bonneville, a Thunderbird with doors like lumbering dinosaurs (that one mighta been early '80's).

They all had one thing in common: The headliners fell after the foam deteriorated. This is in East Houston, where it gets HOT and HUMID. You'd get out with a fresh dusting of brown foam; it was usually hanging down in drabs, since it was foamed-on cloth.

Fast forward early 90's, one of my mother's friends marries this guy who, lo and behold, is a professional headline installer. So he does my old man's car (the Bonneville). I of course bugged the snot out of him to explain what he was doing.

Basically, you could do it right and spray on the right thickness (not too much, not too little), and it'd last a good several years. OR, if you were sneaky, spray it on too thin, and in six months to a couple years, be calling him back to re-apply. He claimed he did it right, but how do I know.

Moral of the story: There are lots of factors that go into why it's failing. I assume a bad batch of glue, not mixing correctly, applied too thinly or only to one side (or both...), maybe a new fella on the line not applying it correctly, confirmation bias as it rolled off the line (cuz it didn't fall right then and there). I recall as an apprentice electrician I once wired a whole $3mm house with hand-tightened wire nuts that fell apart six months later at a flea's fart of a breath. Spent 2.5 days racing around that 7k sq ft house fixing them all before my jackass of a boss saw it, although I think he figured it out.

This looks to me like a bad application and/or bad batch of glue, exacerbated by heat perhaps. Get it fixed. That's the best you can do. I can say my 2010 Chevy still has the original cloth/foam headliner, and after 13 years it still looks good. It can get better.

Rocky Shores

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OB 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Visited the dealer toady about falling headliner. The SSM posted here did not show up. It did show up under another number which I failed to get. This will take multiple trips. First a technician has to look at the problem and approve ordering the replacement part. Then wait for the part and schedule repair. The service advisor only makes the appointment. Also requested adjustment of both door glass going too far up inside the rubber seal and dragging. This requires door panel removal and adjustment of the stops. And its only the first month.

M7 23

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just took mine in for falling rear panel headliner, updated SSM # 51825

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In on Page 1!

Whatever happened with hotheads liners? Their site still says coming soon.
We're excited to announce that we finally have our Hothead Headliners for the 4-Door Bronco! Please see the article below and you can also pre-order from there. Headliners for the Bronco will be shipping out within 2 weeks.

Product Announcement
https://hotheadheadliners.com/blogs...head-headliners-for-the-2021-2024-ford-bronco

Bronco Products & Order Page
https://hotheadheadliners.com/collections/ford-bronco
Sponsored