First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm curious if anyone out there has a solution for storing a hard top without a garage? I have a 4 door jeep that I swap tops on and store with a local business that specializes in jeep top storage and maintenance but it's kind of pricey. My son has taken over the jeep and now I have a 2dr Bronco and plan on buying a Bestop soft top this spring. We're going to try to rig up a solution here at home for both hard tops this spring and I'm interested to see what, if anything, others have come up with.
I am interested in this as well

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ended up buying a 7x7 shed and built a shelving system where I’m storing both tops.

Last edited:

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've seen a ton of different devices and systems that help owners easily hoist and store the hardtops on their Broncos / Jeeps, etc. Just curious if anyone has a recommendation of a product that is under $1k, or something I can DIY. Would love to see some examples from new Bronco Owners.

So far, I've seen things like this, and this.

Just curious if anyone has tried any of these products, how the work, are they reliable, etc.

Much thanks!

-T
I just installed my lift system today, but my straps were too short to use them to lift. I just ordered two 10' straps with a 36" D ring strap and two carabinas. I'm trying to replicate CMCBronco (113) "Homemade" hard top lift tips! | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

I looked at every option available for months and decided on this set up for my garage. 10' ceiling and floor joists running parallel to the garage door 24" off center. I had three neighbors check it out and asked a friend to blow it by a structural engineer. The 2x6's are hung with structural screws, and the hoist is affixed with lag screws.

I moved an old florescent light fixture and took the advice from one neighbor to install a three-prong receptacle in its place. My wife had an old mirror plug cover from the disco-era, so I can look up and remind myself why I have a Bronco.

I bought the Pro Winch Hoist online and opted for the remote, since I didn't want to fumble with wires while I was trying to steady the top.

Can't wait to get the straps and check it out. 
Ford Bronco Hard Top Lift / Holder / Remover Recommendations 1103221522
Ford Bronco Hard Top Lift / Holder / Remover Recommendations 1103221523
Ford Bronco Hard Top Lift / Holder / Remover Recommendations 1103221524
Ford Bronco Hard Top Lift / Holder / Remover Recommendations 1103221524a

Sponsored