First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are those disks metal? It looks like they tried to mold in some threaded inserts with disks to distribute the load, but the MIC was still too weak and failed. There is glue added to the mix, but it's really the mic that failed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dune_Runner

Dune_Runner

First Edition
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In the company I worked for (now retired) engineers were being replaced by procurement people. ā€œWe donā€™t need no stinkin engineersā€ā€¦ā€¦it will be the vendors/contractors problem.

Looks like this could be reinforced by thru bolting? Of course with stainless Torx Plus boltsā€¦..
There is bolting of the bracket to the hardtop. What was glued were 3 disc retainer nuts which entirely came off with the bracket when closing the window.

• Wow
Reactions: Cat

VegasJason

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Damn OP that blows. As much as I want to keep throwing shade at Webasto, there is some clear design issues here. Some to me look like they wouldn't be an issue if they didn't have to crank so many out so quickly. Some things almost look like stuff wasn't allowed to set or cure before being assembled and shipped off.

It sure is, I've seen it so many times now I need to know where it came from haha
Oh shit! Iā€™m excited to share this. This is from a blink 182 video, parody of fast times at ridgemont high. It came out mid 2000s.
Blink-182 - First Date - 1:57 in
Right after the girl falls on the bike.
fun times.

Also funnier note- thatā€™s Tom Delonge, who left the music scene to chase Alien intelligence reports from the government through Foia, he works with Bigelow industries. He is partially responsible for the release of the navy videos over the last few years showing the tic tacs. what a strange world this has become.

OP
OP
Dune_Runner

Dune_Runner

First Edition
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Are those disks metal? It looks like they tried to mold in some threaded inserts with disks to distribute the load, but the MIC was still too weak and failed. There is glue added to the mix, but it's really the mic that failed.
Yes, the disc nuts are metal. I imagine mine had inadequate glue on the nuts so maybe others will never see this problemā€¦Still not a good design. Rather would have liked to see a mounting bracket to the lip of the hardtop where the TP50 bolts into or where the soft top ready nut is into the body. Another bolt to take off to get the hardtop off but wouldnā€™t have this problem.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Blink 182- First Date

Wow, this was a serious smack of nostalgia lol good stuff. Had no clue itā€™s from a blink music video.

Sponsored

TL1964

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more I see, the better I'm feeling about our delayed build/delivery. Hopefully, this works itself out before they ship our Bronco. Fix those bugs!!

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is not even funny, any engineer that uses glue to fasten a part subjected almost entirely to shear needs to be looking for a new job.
Doesn't look like glue failed. Looks like it was so good ripped off surface of the laminate.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Those tops are so thing and flimsy, I doubt a mechanical fastener would hold properly. And I would caution against a DIY screw, rivet or thru bolt fix for fear of cracking the top or creating a place for water to enter. Just my two cents.
My thoughts exactly. I'd guess a nut and bolt type fastener wound just crush the top.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dune_Runner

Dune_Runner

First Edition
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I havenā€™t had any issues with my soft top. :censored:
Did you just toss your hardtop in the dumpster and buy a bestop when you got your FE?

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

boy i hope adv fiberglass crushes their design asap - great opportunity

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seeing this was the last straw for me. First I canceled the MOD Top on my Wildtrak for the MIC Top, tired of waiting for '23, today I canceled the Piece of Sh!t MIC Top for the Soft Top.
Guess I will see what the MOD Top looks like in '23 and if it's a POS too. There's always going to be aftermarket tops.
Sponsored